Genius-- What?

Cold Summer, Hot Winter

So I tell Eun Hee everything.

"REALLY?"  Im afraid her eyes would pop out. "I asked you to give it a shot just for fun and now youre like-"  she cant believes herself  "im sorry Young Gi-ah"

"No, its fine. Its not like, you did something wrong."

"Yeah but now you have to stick to it"

"Yeah.. but its not real bad, is it?"  I pat her shoulder  "Im sorry too. We should've been able to pass the audition together"

"No no, i told you you're the one that qualifies." 

"No i was just.. lucky"

Yeah   Luck.  Is now everything.

 

~                ~                ~                ~                ~

 

The first week of being a trainee is just hell.

I am not capable of catching every single thing they threw at me. At the begining they asked us to move to the dorm. We still go to school, of course, but now we're living in the same place. We thought, the dorm might be the same one as VIXX'..  

but no,   it's a freaking NO.

Some of us are given a diet plan and i am not an exception. We are expected to eat less, and exercise more. The plan pretty works on us because we still have school and a lot of things going on around us.

Meanwhile, Jin Hee and Ji Soo aren't even trying. They've got the look and the body so they're treated as nice as an idol.

I thought I was just imaginating things when i sense a bad vibe from them but it turns out that my feeling was right. They're just as y as they look. We all know that they've got eveything but I can't stand them. So i got into an argument fight with them a couple times until we got  a warning from the company that we won't be able to continue if we cant work this off. 

Well, I am not the type who easily bond to the new surrounding but it's different when i'm with Haneul. I don't know why but I get close to her real fast. She'll be the one who stops me from arguing with Jin Hee and she's also the one who brings me over to socialize with everyone in the dorm. So, thanks to her,  i'm doing fine with the rest of them.

The first week passed and probably i'm the least to catch up.

"I thought, the one that was accepted because she was dancing to VIXX' Eternity is going to be the best trainee." Jin Hee's starting to get on my nerve again. Haneul pats my back to calm me down

"Jin Hee.." Ji Soo looks concerned  "You got a warning already"

"So what? They'll dump me? It'll just put them on disadvantage"  such a confidence. 

"Losing a Visual is nothing if she got a bad attitude, right?" i whispered to Haneul

"No"  she says. I tilt my head in confusion  "If a group loses its Visual, then their fans will go crazy"

"But, she's out because of her attitude. Won't they understand? Or eventually hate her too?"

"No, do you think their company with let the fans know that she got a bad attitude? It'll put them on disadvantage if the fans find out. So they'll cover it up"  damn right  "Are you trying to picture what will happen if Jin Hee got dumped?"

"No...."    Oh hell yeah

 

~                ~                ~                ~                ~

 

4th day of the second week.

"OKAY now everyone!" our dance choreographer, Willy, is from the US "today we'll cover VIXX' Eternity and, i heard somebody here used that song in the audition"  i gulp  "you must've did well. Anyway, who is it?"  Everybody's looking at me.  goddamnit  "Young Gi-ssi?"  he looks shocked. 

Maybe it's because i never did well in his dance class  "Yes?"

"Did you..?"

"Yes"

"Very well then, stay here after class"  What? Why?  But anyway, I thought he's gonna asks me to dance to it now. Thank god he doesn't.

 

~                ~                ~                ~                ~

 

"Alright. that's all for today. Thankyou for your hard work. See you guys!"

The class dismissed. I walk towards the door but-  "Young Gi-ssi?"  ah.. right

"Want me to wait for you?"  Haneul asks

"No, it's fine. You need to take a rest. I bet this gon' be long"

"You sure?"

"Yeah"  and she walks away

I turn back and say  "Is there any problem?"

"Actualy, i've watched the video of you dancing to VIXX' Eternity"  so they really did record everything  "who taught you?"

"Taught me what?"

"The choreography.  Your dance moves.."

"Uhm.. nobody?"

Now he looks shocked "Really? That means, you made the choreograph yourself?"

"Huh? I think I was just moving by myself, i mean, i was just letting my body moves as it wish because i cant follow choreographs well"  he looks confuse  "if that's what you mean by making the choreographs myself, then yeah"

He stays quiet for a minute. I dont know if this conversation is over.. Should I got back to my ro- "so that's why you can't follow my class?"

Oh he got it  "Yeah, because i can't follow other people's choreographs"

"No."  no?  "Because you're a genius."  do i heard it right?  "Natural talent, Young Gi-ah. You got a natural talent. That's why its natural for you to create the choreographs yourself, or you would say it as 'letting my body moves by itself' "

"No, you must be kidding i-"

"You dont have natural talent?"  yes  "because you couldn't realize it yourself and that's why i'm here to tell you"

"but i-"

"you dont have to believe me now, just think about it."  i  surely will  "And one more"  he takes a breath

"The first elimination is going to be singing and dancing to 4 songs in different genres"  whoa  "and actually, i am here just to guide all the candidates on how to dance in different song genres. In the elimination, everything is going to be your choice. Which songs would you pick and whether you're going to use the choreographs you've learned from me of just create yourself"  

Willy takes another breath and continues  "At first, i thought you're very hopeless at dancing and i thought about why would the company chose you."  that was deep  "But then i watch eveyone's audition dance performance and i was shocked that you did really well."  looks like he still couldnt believe what he saw  "you're a genius but couldn't follow other's choreographs. I guess you know what to do now."  

what?  

"You dont have to follow my class, and just practice by yourself. In this stage of elimination, its about individual talents." oh thank god i'm saved "But remember, you need to learn to follow choreographs. Because you can't forever making it on your own. You will have your own choreographer later on"

"You're right. I really do need to learn to follow other's choreographs"

"That's all. You can go back now" 

"Ah.. yes thankyou very much"   he smiles

 

I walk out the door and head back to my dorm.

I rub my pockets  Eh? Where's my phone? 

I went back to the dance room but nothing's there. I go back to my dorm and asks Haneul  "Haneul-ah, did you see my phone?" 

She shakes her head. "You didn't bring it down to the dance room this morning."

"Really?"  then where did i put it?  "oh yeah last night i didnt use it either, i think i fell right to sleep after our midnight-practice."

"Yeah me too. But as i remember, we went to the rooftop to cool ourselves down before we went back to the dorm"

"Then i must've left it there"  she nods  "thanks, Haneul-ah" 

 

I run upstairs. I open the rooftop's door  "Ah.."  it's too bright. i can't see anything.

My eyes were just adjusting the brightness when i hear somebody's singing. 

"nae malkkeunmada banbokdoeneun neo~ yeah~"  i try to follow it.  It's VIXX' Only You. Is it my ringtone?  

"nae dwikkeut inneun sarang yaegin neo~"  it continues. 

But then i hear the intro melody of Only You.  

Huh? THAT's my ringtone. 

The singing stops and somebody says "Who's there?"  i hide behind the wall. I was thinking about his familiar voice, when i hear a footsteps coming towards me  

"A phone? Somebody must've left it here."  My phone!!  i swear i was about to jump out  when i heard him say  "Should i left it here? Or should give it to the receptionist? Or.. "  I hear the sound of my phone being unlocked. Is he trying to?- "Ah, password.. Let's see" BEEP.  He guessed wrong. BEEP.  BEEP.  "Ah wrong!"  Hey thats enough-_-

I want to peek but, at this position, he'll be able to see me. So i just stay there. I dont want to pop out of nowhere. I'd probably look like a creep. Ottokaji? Should i walk up to him while acting like i'm searching for something? Well, I am searching for my phone. I mean, pretending like i didnt see him and stuff..

"Oh, the wallpaper is a bear? Is it a drawing? It's a... girl's?"  yes yes yes  "Ah no, a girl must've use teddy bear instead of this?"  WHAT?

Dang. I'll just let him give it to the receptionist.

"Ah.. i feel bad for this guy."  i'm  not a guy, who-ever-you-are  "The owner would probably searching for this right now"  he pauses for a second  "Then.. should i just wait here? he'll probably come here to search for it"

Great now, i must do the acting. 

I try to peek slowly. He's walking towards the edge of the rooftop. I couldn't see him clearly. It was too bright and he's far away.

He looks around and says  "He'll see me here. And I'll say 'Yo! Searching for your phone?' That's should be alright, right? Hmm.."  Even though i couldn't see him clearly, I could tell he looks satisfied.  Is he crazy or something?

I step back, practice on my face-emotion. Then i look down and walk around. I try to look as worried and possible. 

I look at the ground and wherever i could without lifting my head up  I pretend like i dont realize somebody's there.

Maybe my acting's pretty good, cause i hear him says "Excuse me? Are you looking for something?"

Thank God.  Oh, he didnt use the line he made just now?

I lift up my head slowly, "Yeah, i'm looking for my ph-"

EH...?

"You're...  looking for your phone, i guess?"  i slightly shake my head to gather my sense

"Ah.. yes.. phone.."  my freaking god. it's Ken!  Oh no no, brain please dont stop working.. brain i need you, don't just go blank! Don't leave me aloneee   "Uhm, by any chance, did you-"

"See it?"  asks him.  i nod in approval.  "Nope"  He looks sorry. 

WHAT?! WHO ARE YOU KIDDING, WINK FAIRY?   I   SAW   YOU.

Of course i couldn't say it.

I look around, trying to find the trace of my phone. Shoot, where did he put it? In his pocket? I couldn't just take-- ahh, forget it.  WHAT SHOULD I DO

Well, obviously i can't say 'DONT LIE. I SAW YOU PICK IT UP. I SAW YOU TURN IT ON. I SAW IT. GIVE IT TO ME'  

He would throw my phone at me and runaway while yelling 'CREEP'

So I guess I need to play along?

"Ah.. okay then.. thanks"  he doesn't say a thing. 

I continue my acting. Damn, such a bad idea. I look like a fool. But then i hear- "PFFT"  i turn around and tilt my head so i'll look confuse.

He laughs happily. "You lied?" i ask him

"So my acting is good after all"  he says. Oh the irony. I'm trying not too laugh. But if i didn't know the truth i would believe his acting, actually.

"Huh.. you got my phone?" i still play along

"Yeah"  he smiles and takes out my phone from his pocket. i was right. it's in his pocket  "i thought it was a guy's"  yes you did. thankyou for telling the truth.  "A girl would have use a teddy bear for her wallpaper but why you..?"  use a drawn bear  pic?  "use this scary bear? You're not normal."  

Scary?? That's not even-

"That's not scary"  i reach out my hand to take it back

But then he lifts up my phone  "get it yourself"  he winks.

Man, VIXX' members are so tall. No exception.

"Seriously, Ken-ssi?"

"Oh, you know me"  he looks happier

"Of course I do"

He lifts up his arm higher  "that's good"  he smiles  "then i'll ask you questions until you get your phone back by yourself" 

DAMN IT

"What's your name"  

"Park- Park Young G-Gi"  Yes, i'm currently jumping.

He laughs in satisfaction  "How old are you? and why are you here?"

I jumped for several times before i stop and say "16, and i am a trainee"

"So.. you're one of them? The candidates?"

I take a breath "yeah"  

Right. He wasnt there on the audition day. 

Suddenly, a ringtone other than my phone's is ringing. Ken moves my phone to his left hand and answers his phone with his right.  "Yes, hyung?"  Hyung? Is it from N? or Leo? Nah, not Leo.  "Hehe.. okay i'll be there in a minute"  he hangs up. "Ah.. I need to go now. Such a bad timing"  he pouts. Typical Ken.  "Here"  He gives back my phone  "Next time we'll have fun again!"

"You mean, YOU WILL have fun?"  he laughs

"Probably?"  he chuckles  "see you soon!" He looks so happy when he leaves. He always does look happy.

 

~                ~                ~                ~                ~

 

 

-Chapter 2 ends-

Is she really a genius in dancing? What will happen in the first elimination? Will she be able to pass? And more importantly, do you think she'll meet another VIXX' member on the next chapter? who will it be? 

 

Next Chapter Hint

"I.. uh.. forget it.  Thankyou once again, Puffy. I feel a lot better. I guess I really need to work hard to hook you up with Hongbin"  and we both crack

"Seriously, who's that? Who are you trying to hook me up with?"  a deep voice comes from behind me.

I turn back

and gasp

I whisper to the phone

"Oh my god, Puffy. You're so not going to believe this"    

 

Author's note:
Thankyou for reading and i hope youre looking forward for the next chapter. 
I would like to apologize for any mistake and if the story doesn't please you. 
Have a good day x