Chapter 4

Do You Hear Me?

Chapter 4 :

 

It was Thanksgiving. The morning of Thanksgiving was usually loud and lousy and happy atmosphere. But not for Sungyeol. He planned on just sleeping for the whole day but his eyes seemed to be betraying him. He woke up really early in the morning without any plan for the day. He had to close down his cafe because obviously no one will be coming to his cafe during Thanksgiving. People would rather spend their time with family in their home. He was on the phone with Daeyeol last night, since the younger couldn’t fly back to Korea to spend Thanksgiving together. That guy was seriously busy and hardworking. It has been a few years they haven’t seen each other. Thanks to video calls and skype, they didn’t forget each others faces.

 

Sungyeol was wiping the tables clean when he heard loud sizzling sounds. He looked out the day and saw rain pouring heavily. He sighed. It would be great to have family, spending time together in this cold weather. He made a mental note to call his workers which are also his close friends, Changjo and Ricky. Just to say hi and wish them a happy break.

 

The doorbell rang once indicating someone was entering the cafe. A man, in his middle twenties rushed into the cafe. His red coat drenched from being under the rain.

“Uh, sir I’m sorry but we’re --” Sungyeol looked up and suddenly lost his words.

That man, his brown locks were wet, covering his forehead. His eyes were barely visible Sungyeol thought that the guy was sleeping, pointed nose and thin lips. His skin was pale. The black coat he was wearing showed that he was a man with career.

Smart and y.

“I know but I don’t have elsewhere to go right now. The rain is heavy and my car broke down in the middle of the road. Its going to take another hour for the mechanic to come over.” The man blabbered out. “Or at least, until the rain stop,” he added softly.

….

Sungyeol carefully put a cup of warm coffee on the table, right in front of the man.

“I’m sorry to trouble you at this moment. You must be rushing to meet your family. You know, Thanksgiving. Chicken, family gathering and all.”

“Its okay. I don’t have any plan.” Sungyeol took a seat across the man. “I don’t have family here so no Thanksgiving.”

“Sorry to hear that.” The man said earnestly. “By the way, I’m Sungkyu. Kim Sungkyu.”

Sungyeol smiled. “Sungyeol. Lee Sungyeol. But I usually go with Yeol or Yeollie because it feels warmer and friendlier.”

“Its interesting to know that we share the same middle name. Is this fate?”

“Wow we only met for like, 10 minutes, and you already have the guts to sweet talk to me?”

“Well, what can I say?” Sungkyu gave a flirty smile. “I guess you’re a magnet.”

“A what?”

“Because Im so attracted to you.”

“Oh my God.” Sungyeol cried dramatically. “Please don’t tell me that this going to escalate too quickly.”

 

Yup. That was how they met. And yes, they escalated too quickly. Maybe it was because their personality really compatible to each other. Sungkyu was friendly, Sungyeol was easy going. Sungkyu was warm, Sungyeol was bright.

They started out as friends, seeing each other frequently. It was mostly Sungkyu who went to Sungyeol’s cafe and spent time there. During weekends, he brought Sungyeol out to some places. Only two of them. They got really comfortable towards each other to the point that sometimes Sungkyu spent his nights at Sungyeol’s. Mostly watching movies or when Sungyeol offered to cook fancy dinner.

They were good friends until one day Sungkyu braved himself to tell Sungyeol the magic words.

I love you.

 

 

 

Myungsoo returned upstairs empty-handed. Of course, there was nothing else the security could do to help them. Only the owner of the house knew the pass codes. But the security guard already contacted the owner of the building. Tomorrow, he will send his people to change the pass codes.

But as soon as he saw Sungyeol on the floor, clutching onto his head, he quickly ran to the other.

“Sungyeol!”

He dropped onto his knees and pulled Sungyeol to his chest. “Lee Sungyeol! Can you hear me?!”

Sungyeol’s body was trembling and cold. Tears flowed down freely. His head was aching. Heart hurting. He was scared for no reason. Somehow, he felt that there was something out there waiting for the right time to hurt him. He felt vulnerable and insecure.

“H--help..” He managed to mutter.

And then he fainted in Myungsoo’s arms.

*****************************************************************************************8

Too short. I know. Life happens and I know longer found the motivation to write. Im already in the second year of my degree so yeah. Assignments, writing news and stuff. I thought Communication Studies is easy but oh well. I’m dyingggg. Anyways, I found lately that no one updates their Myungyeol stories. Like, the heck people my notification is empty af. Sobs. And sadly, I think I’m losing my love towards Myungyeol, andddddd, maybe, just maybeeee, towards Infinite. You know, Hoya left, no comeback. I tried spending my time on youtube to find the old videos, you know, to spark the dimmed love and all. But it doesn’t work. I’m too busy, too tired to even breath, literally. I think I’m going to discontinue this fic. Or maybe, if I’m motivated enough, I’m turning this into JJProject. I need respond. Thanks for reading anyways.