Chapter 3 #Please Remember Princess

Do You Hear Me?

Chapter 3 #Please Remember

 

The ride was pretty quiet. The night was approaching and the road was rather calmer than during the day. The black Infinity Q60 moved on the road with a normal speed. Kim Myungsoo, the young inspector was steering silently and carefully. He was driving the car, and someone important to him was sitting right next to him. So was quite nervous and excited at the same time. Earlier at the hospital, he overheard Sungyeol’s conversation with Daeyeol. Immediately he offered to help Daeyeol to take care of his amnesiac brother. He really didn't have to rush things over but the thought of letting Sungyeol wandering off alone looking for his own apartment shuddered Myungsoo. Sungyeol was way too pretty to be left alone. Besides, under this circumstance, Sungyeol definitely can't be alone, not even a second.

 

So here he was. Sitting on the passenger seat, looking out the window. After sending Daeyeol off his flight to California, Myungsoo took him for dinner. An awkward one I might wanna add. Sungyeol barely knew him. The latter just ate out of gratitude and every time Myungsoo strike out conversation, he only replied with few words. Myungsoo even wondered if being amnesiac made Sungyeol forgot most of the words in his brain vocabulary. Nah that was just a ridiculous thought. 

 

Myungsoo glanced out of the window for a millisecond before focusing back on the road. “It's starless,” he stated the obvious. Trying to strike out another conversation. “Do you think it’s going to rain?”

“They’re just shy tonight.” the sweet melodious voice echoed gracefully. “The moon is lonely.”

Can I fly up there so that I can accompany you Mister Moon?

Myungsoo smiled slightly to the innocent wish. Of course, he can’t fly up there. He doesn’t have any superpower like that superhero of Marvel. 

“You’re not thinking to fly up there just to be with the moon, right?” he teased.

Sungyeol blushed and looked down to his lap immediately. “I hope you’re not reading my mind.” 

Myungsoo chuckled. “Of course not. I don’t have that kind of supernatural power.” Actually yes. 

“But I think it will be a disaster,” Sungyeol said quietly.

Myungsoo glanced at him before focusing back on the road. “Hm?”

“To be able to read mind. It's maybe cool, but freaky at the same time. You can't have your own privacy time and all you do is to read all those kind of minds. You will be bothered, and stressed and, I don’t know. It’s somewhat a disaster.” 

“But it can be a good thing, right? Like, you can save a life before it’s too late. You can help someone that’s in need but don’t have the courage to talk about it.”

Sungyeol looked at Myungsoo, mouth gaped to say something but decided to just let it slip off. He turned back to face the window.

Like in my case? I hope there’s someone out there who can help, save me from this misery. Someone out there, do you hear me?

I can hear you, love.

 

After 20 minutes of driving, they finally arrived at the address Daeyeol gave them. Sungyeol was the first one to get out of the car and stare up the tall building. It was beautiful and looked expensive. 

Amethyst Building

He read the fancy looking signboard, decorated with colorful sparkling lights. 

“Didn’t expect that you’re one of the tenants of Jewelry chains. Amethyst is one of their proudest building. The apartments are exclusively made for privacy and their security is number one in the country.” Myungsoo appeared from behind him, bringing along Sungyeol luggage. 

“Do you think I have a sugar daddy? Because I just know that I can't afford this kind of apartment.” The taller exclaimed innocently. One fact he didn’t know that it was Sungkyu who bought him that apartment. But he rarely stayed at Amethyst because most of the time they spent together at Sungkyu’s. 

He was only replied with a chuckle.

“Let’s get inside, Sungyeol-sshi. It’s getting cold to stay outside.”

Sungyeol stared at the building for a good few seconds before half running chasing after Myungsoo who was already ahead with his luggage.

 

***************************************************************

Both of them were staring dumbfounded at the locked door. There was no way they can unlock the door easily. Daeyeol did give Myungsoo keys but those keys are only to unlock the door grill. The door was locked with passcodes. 

Myungsoo turned his head towards Sungyeol.

Sungyeol stared back.

“What?”

“What what? This is your house, remember?”

“Well excuse you, I don’t remember anything. Remember?” Sungyeol shot back.

Myungsoo straightened up in defeat. “Yeah, right. I forgot. Sorry.”

He put down the luggage next to the door. Run his hand on his head, pondering for some solutions. “The security is no joke. You wait here. I’ll go down to find the guard.” 

Myungsoo handed Sungyeol the key with the keychain of a cute hamster.

Sungyeol took the key and nodded hesitantly.

Myungsoo noticed that there was a glimpse of fear in Sungyeol’s eyes. “No sure you will be okay?”

“Nae,” Sungyeol replied. “Don’t take too long.”

Myungsoo smiled before turning to walk towards the elevator.

Sungyeol watched as the young inspector left. Immediately he was embraced with the chilly wind. He remembered earlier Daeyeol mentioned the name Kim Sungkyu to him, asking whether he recognizes the name. He didn’t even remember his name, how was he supposed to remember other names? Who was this Kim Sungkyu guy anyway? He didn’t even show up when he was in the hospital.

He looked down on the key he was holding. The cute hamster hanging on the chain somehow attracted him.

And suddenly, the voices appeared.

Sungkyu-yah,

Kim Sungkyu!

Gyu baby, please come early!

Yah Kim Sungkyu, marry me already!

The voices appeared in his head all at once. It was killing him. His head felt like exploding. What the hell was happening?

The key fall off his hand as he felt on his knees, clutching his head. It was so painful that he felt like dying. 

Please remember, princess

And he screamed.

 

**********************************************************************************************************************

 

 

 

 

Miss me already? Hehehe. I'm back peopleeeee