Chapter 4: The Kiss

The One Who Has My Heart

I can't believe it, I couldn't stop myself, I must be some kind of teenager in heat, this doesn’t make sense. What have I done? I've kissed someone that I know only for a day. Is this what love makes you do stupid things means?

That's one thing, but now I don't want to stop, but the strange thing is Kyungsoo is not resisting this at all; why don't you resist a little? He didn't even struggle to break free in the first place, why is that? What is going on here?

“Uhm... I'm sorry,” I said as I stopped and tried to reason what I just did, knowing I probably have no excuse for jumping on him like that.

“I think I fell in love with you.” There I said it, I can’t believe I said it; I really am stupid, someone shot me now before I say even more stupid things.

He just watched me, he didn't say anything; his big eyes were almost watching me as if he was trying to read my soul to see if I’m lying or not.

“I know this might sound wrong, and that I'm a boy, and that you're a boy, but I love you.” I was losing it, someone shot me now, this is getting out of control, someone should stop me, I don’t know how to confess to people.

“I fell in love with you at first sight. I don't know why or what happened, but I know that what I feel is love.” That’s it, he’s going to laugh at me, probably embarrass me at school now, tell the whole school that Kai fell in love at first sight and doesn’t even know how to properly confess.

“Uhm,” He started to say as he took some time to think,

“It's not that I'm gay or anything,” He said, as if giving me hope before turning me down nicely,

“This is new for me too and it's my first day here and you already brought me home to meet your family, you already confessed and you already kissed me.” And here it comes. The rejection,

“But, I'm also sorry to say this,” He went on, a strange smile on his face; something didn’t felt right, something was odd in here, it was bizarre from the moment I kissed him and he just stood there, letting me do it.

“I might also be in love with you.” He said whaaat? No I must've heard wrong. It's not true right? No, this is too soon, it’s wrong, I to fall in love at first sight was strange from the begging but this is a whole new level of odd. He said that with a straight face, not even blushing, as if this was completely normal.

“But that's not all.” He went on; not even allowing me to ask what was actually going on. He moved a bit so now he was standing on the bed with his legs crossed and his arms on the back supporting his body.

“Actually I moved here about a year ago.” He said, smiling a bit.

“But I only saw you today…” I said almost mumbling it.

“It's just that I didn't know how to speak Korean so I didn't go to school. I stayed home so I could learn it.” He explained; which made more sense now; he was from America after all.

“And one day while I was looking out on the window I saw you with a girl – your girlfriend.” He said and I just looked at him, trying to take this all in.  

“She looked happy, but you had a fake smile, I didn't think you loved her.” What is he saying? What is this?

“And then, one morning I saw you with your friend, and you smiled again, but this time I could tell that was the real one. You had a bright and warm smile.” He must be talking about Taemin, that’s the only explanation, with him my smiles are always warm, kind, motherly almost.

“And then every morning I was in my window and I was waiting for you to pass by,” He stood up and went to my window, as he looked outside he sketched a smile, something small, as if he could see me out there with that girl he saw me the first time.

“I didn't understand it at first but then I understood what actually happened, I fell in love with your smile.” He said as he turned around and had now his big heart shaped smile I grew so fast to love; it’s been a year for him and a day for me, it’s strange, somehow the tingling sensation from my tummy is back, I don’t like it but it’s all because of him.

“And so, when I transferred and came to school, I saw you that morning too, with your friend, and the way you smiled and patted his head like everything will be okay, made me realize that I actually wanted to be him.” He said as he came back to sit next to me, still with that smile on his face, but this time it turned a bit sad, his expression was somehow sad, yet it wasn’t really, I couldn’t pin it down exactly.

“And then I saw you in the class room, and I kinda hoped we could be in the same class, and when the teacher went and stopped there and told me to enter and that this is my class from now on, I couldn't believe it.” His eyes were now fixed on me, his expression was somehow back to normal, yet it was loving, the way he stood there, the way he looked at me, it was something I never felt before, the way he looks at me, it’s different, he’s not like the others.  

“And when I saw you there in the last row I was so happy, but then I remembered I loved a boy, and I couldn't confess.” He said now, his gaze dropping slowly, making me feel bad for a moment, but then he said, almost shyly,

“And then when you smiled while giving me that note it made me love you more, because you actually smiled for me.” He finished that and now he was blushing, a crimson red I had always seen when girls confessed, only that this time it was Kyungsoo who was showing me that face, only that this time, I didn’t accept the feelings because I felt bad for them, this time I could return them.

“I love you...” I said as I raised my hand and placing in on his cheek he leant in, supporting his head on my hand, he closed his eyes and smiled softly. I leant in, closing the distance bit by bit, trying to calm my beating heart; I just wanted to kiss him again, to make sure that this was real, that I didn’t just fall asleep while reading or doing my homework. I placed my lips on his, slowly taking in the calmness that came with it, my heart was beating faster and faster, but then it stopped, it was normal, it was okay, this was no dream, the kiss was real, this was reality, I was really here, kissing him, touching him; It was indeed Kyungsoo, the one who managed to make me fall in love in a single day.

Steps were heard outside my door, my mom was coming up, I could hear her coming, one step, two steps, I had to stop. I let go of Kyungsoo and as I looked in his eyes I said with a big smile on my face,

“My mom is here with snacks.” And before I could even finish my sentence a knock was heard on the door and my mom came in, bringing us snacks.

 


A/n: This is the 4th chapter, with little bit of action, I guess… I hope you liked it and sorry for going so fast ^^ Thank you for reading and feel free to tell me what you think in the comments!