Chapter 3: Butterflies

The One Who Has My Heart

We were on the way home, it was still chilly outside, and by the looks of it soon it will get dark too; that’s what you get for staying at school until 3, but it was okay now, we were together and Kyungsoo looked happy.

It was already too late when I realized I just fell in love at first sight. This never happened before, like I have this warm feeling inside and I keep on wanting to hug Kyungsoo and never let him go, and that’s not even the worst part, I never dated a boy before, let alone confess to one or have one confess to me, I have no idea how this works, I need help. Taemin had some mangas about this kind of love in his room, he might be able to help, but I don’t think the manga applies to real life though. What is wrong with me?! I dated girls before, but never a boy. How am I supposed to tell him that I think I love him? That I think I fell in love with him at first sight? That this was the first time I loved someone?

It didn’t took us too long to get home; the school was quite close to my house, it took about 15 minutes to get to school, so even if I walked like a snail and tried to steal some time we still arrived in 25 minutes. When we get inside the courtyard Kyungsoo noticed that we were neighbors and just smiled, it seemed strange a bit, but I didn’t ask about that so I let it go.

I opened the door so he could enter, we were taking out our shoes when my mother came from the corner and noticed Kyungsoo that somehow ended up behind me. She looked a bit confused and I could clearly understand why; it was because I don’t usually bring people home, I don’t feel the need to introduce my friends to my family, let alone my girlfriends, because I know they never stick around a lot it will be just words and introductions wasted in the air.

I placed my shoes at their usual spot only to see that it was occupied; Taemin was home and in beside his shoes there was a pair I noticed a few times, they belonged to Minho, which meant that Taemin was already in his room with Minho.

“I see you brought someone home with you.” She said as she waited for me to introduce Kyungsoo to her, which honestly I wasn’t planning to but she started asking questions so I had to,

“Is he your classmate? I've never seen him before.” She said, waiting for an answer.

“Yes, mom, he is a classmate of mine, but he transferred to my school today. He lives nearby, in the house next door, but today his mother is working and she must've forgotten to give him the keys. So I said he can stay with us, until his mother's return. Is that okay?” I said all that without even breathing, all at once so she won’t ask any more questions. My mother was very kind and understanding, so of course, she was okay, but still it is always nice to ask before you bring someone home.

“Oh, you poor little kid.” She said as she came and took his hand in hers, making Kyungsoo jump back a little, but let her do what she pleased.

“Of course, you can stay here. I hope you make yourself at home”. She smiled at him, giving him a reassuring squeeze that it was all-right and Kyungsoo returned the smile.

“Okay, come on now,” I said as I took his hand from my mother’s grip and dragged him with me up the stairs,

“Let's go to my room.” 

He followed me and we went to my room. We made ourselves comfortable, me on the bed and him sitting at my desk, I didn’t want to make him feel uncomfortable so I let him choose were to sit and I didn’t want to get too close or something. This was rather dangerous, but I can manage this. I won't do anything, I can control myself, after all, my mom is downstairs and since she is always curious about things I feel like she might come in any moment. We soon started doing some homework and suddenly it was silent, the atmosphere was a bit weird.  

“So how was it?” I said as I tried to get his attention away from his textbook,

“Your first day here? Was is fun?” I don't really know what I should ask him. Maybe I should just shut up and play some music, maybe he will know the song and he will start singing.

“Oh, it was a good day.” He said as he turned around to face me; the book in his lap, and as he closed it he gave me a warm smile and said,

“After all I met you, haven't I?” and then he let out a small chuckle; for a moment there I thought he was serious.

“Haha,  so you're happy we became friends?” I said, trying to keep up with the joke,

“That's good, then that means you feel better now.” I continued as I smiled back at him; probably looking like a fool again.

“I want to play some music,” I said as I got up from the bed and moved to the computer,

“What kind of music would you like?” I continued as I my computer.

“Uhm...” He said as he placed the book down from his lap and as he got up he came closer to me,

“It's not that I prefer some sort of genre. I just listen to calm songs which I can usually sing too.” He said as he looked me in the eye, smiling again. All these smiles he gives me make my heart weak; I’m having serious problems here.

I decided to play a song I knew I like when I was in 9th grade or so, I found it this one time while searching for another song and it was quite okay so I liked it. I watched him closely to see if he knows the song,

“Oh, I know this one; do you want me to sing it for you?” He said as he went and sat on the bed; and in this moment I swear I did the most stupid thing ever,

“Yes, I would love to hear it.”

I played the song again from the beginning and started singing. It was the warmest and lovely voice I ever heard. He hit the notes perfectly, each one of them with the same emotion as the original song. It was calm and it made me fall even harder. I didn’t realize when I went closer, I didn’t realized when I grabbed his hand, I only realized when I wanted to kiss him, I wanted to kiss him so bad.

“So did you like it?” He asked when the song was over, waiting for my answer and still holding my hand.

“Yes.” I said as I was closing the distance between us; his eyes were watching my every move closely. I slowly raised my other hand; placing it on his cheek, caressing it softly, then I moved it to the back of his neck, playing with his hair a little.

I probably smiled like a fool, I probably looked pitiful, but I couldn’t resist, he didn't resist either, which seemed odd, but I didn't stop. I couldn't, his eyes were so big, they were focused on me and my moves, I couldn't stop myself, I wasn’t going to back down now and before I knew it I closed the distance between us entirely. I felt soft lips touching mine, those plump lips, that tingling sensation in my stomach going away, being replaced with a feeling I never felt before; butterflies, this was what it felt, this was what love felt like – butterflies.

 


A/n: (\\\^///) I hope you enjoyed this chapter too~ Let me know what you think in the comments and thank you for reading it!