Chapter 1: The new kid

The One Who Has My Heart

 

My name is Kim Jongin, but some people call me Kai, it’s not unusual these days for people to give you nicknames, and I still don’t know why I got the ‘Kai’ one, some say it sounded cool, some say it would be a good name to use later when I get famous, if I ever got accepted in a company and if I ever will be able to debut then maybe I will use it too, but for now I’ll stick with my real name – Jongin.  I live a pretty normal life, like everyone else, the thing that makes me special is the fact that I love to dance and I am good at it, not to pry but I could have any girl fall for me after seeing me dance.  

I am 18 years old and until this day I still have not fallen in love, it  was strange, girls didn’t appeal to me that much, boy either, therefore I thought something was wrong with me, since I have lived 18 years and I still haven’t found someone special, even a crush would do.  I had girlfriends before, but after a while they bored me, they all did the same things, not even one of them having something special, something that could click inside and make me love them, so I was always the one who ended up breaking up with them.

It was a cold day of September, with a slight breeze blowing, a not so lit up sky, because even if it was just the beginning of autumn it almost felt like winter. It was really cold outside, must be zero or subzero, not to that extent maybe, but close to it.  It was just another normal day of school; you wake up, wash up, eat, and then leave for school.

I was on my way to school and as always I was listening to music on my phone, earplugs jumbled and tied up in my scarf, I was going to school with my best friend Taemin; he was also a dancer, maybe even a better one that me, but we never competed with each other to sort that out. As for him and me, I don't really know for how long we're friends, I guess since forever you could say, since we were born. It was a really sad story of how we got together; our mothers were friends, good friends, almost inseparable, but when Taemin was little an accident happened and his mother passed away.  His mother was all he had, his father left his mother before he was born, but I never asked more about that matter, I didn’t want to know, it was something that already happened anyway so it was all in the past. We took Taemin in and now we were his family.  We also look alike, the eyes and the way we smile is almost the same, the way we act sometimes, from head to toe, we’re almost like twins.

Something strange happened this morning though, I saw a car on a street near my house, not that it was unusual to see cars outside, but this one was new and that house has been empty since one or two years ago, so the fact that a car was there meant something for sure.

Who could be? Maybe we got some new neighbors, but by the looks of it they weren’t, because they weren’t unpacking or taking out big boxes or moving things around. There was a woman taking out some food bags and then the shotgun door opened and a kid came out. I mean, I think it was a kid; he was kinda short, with a small build, he had however big eyes and he looked like he could kill someone, his hair was not really arranged that much, it was a simple haircut. He was wearing some casual clothes, nothing out of the ordinary, it was pretty normal.

I wanted to say something to him, maybe a ‘hello’ or ‘where did you came from’ because he looked like he was new when in fact he might as well be living there ever since two years ago when that house was sold to some family we never really heard of. I took another quick glance at the kid, he didn’t notice me, not even tried to, he just took a bag in his arms and went inside with the woman. I left without saying anything in the end.

On the way to school I noticed that Taemin was a bit sad, almost gloomy. It wasn’t really that weird for him to be like that since it happens a lot lately, it’s either an anime that didn’t end up how he wanted, or this manga didn’t come out yet, or he found another show to cry over, the normal stuff of the introverted people. However this time it didn’t look like it was one of those cases.

“What's wrong Taemin? You look a little down today? Is everything okay?” I asked as I leant a bit forward so I could see his expression better.

“No. I mean yes, it's my, uhm, a friend, someone that I like a lot.” He said, a bit hesitant on the topic,

“He might not feel the same, or at least if he does I don’t believe him, I feel strange; it’s strange.” Well this was new, Taemin having love problems was a bit weird, normally it never involved love, and it was always the normal otaku stuff. Even Taemin is falling in love, I really am pitiful.

“Don't worry.” I said as I hit his shoulder lightly,

“I'm sure he loves you. Who won't love you? You are nice and loving and maybe a bit weird but in a good way, and lately you’re always smiling. And you're good at dance too and you can take care of others even if you don’t like to show that; he loves you, trust me.” I patted his head and smiled. He was hard to comfort sometimes, so I hope this will be enough.

“Hmm, you must be right. After all, you had girlfriends before. You know this kind of stuff…” He said, just letting it go like that. Too easy, way too easy, there should have been more to it, but he let it go quite easy. I might have had girlfriends before, but it's not like I actually loved them, it was that I felt awkward to turn them down. I'm happy that It was so easy to make him feel better, even if I’m not sure if I really did.

After walking another ten minutes or so, I arrived at school. The school was really big, like those you see in the movies, with lockers on the hallways, with lots of students filling them, with a courtyard in the back, with staircases in the front, with some trees on the side and benches where you could sit and enjoy lunch sometimes.

And then, right there in front of the school, looking around like a lost puppy, there was the kid from this morning. What does he do here; his brother forgot his lunch or something? It can't be that this kid is 17-18 right? I mean I’ve seen small teens but he was really small, at least 170 centimeters, maybe with 3 or 4 more give or take.  I let it go this time too; if I stare any more at him people might think I’m a stalker or something so I just went to class.

My first class was English or French. I'm not quite sure. But I hope it's English because I got to say I am a complete disaster at French. I just can't get that language, it's weird; I can’t pronounce the words or get how the verbal times work, I mean something just doesn’t click in there.

As I entered the classroom, I said goodbye to Taemin; he was in another class. We never really had the luck to be in the same class, we were always separated, only going home together once in a while when we get out at the same time or after staying up until late at dance practices. It was okay now, because he made a friend, a classmate talked to him after like looking at him, staring at him from afar. I’ve noticed him, his friend Minho, he was the captain of the football team, he was adored by many, he was always happy and all smiled, and he was very lively, more than usual when Taemin is with him.

I heard the bell ring and then not even two or three minutes later there were the boring sound of heels hitting the hallway, echoing in the whole floor. It was English thank God; only that teacher is wearing heels that make that sound, as if wanting the whole school to know she is coming. She opened the door and I saw the kid outside our class. He had a weird look, as if he was about to kill someone. He had his dark hair a little bit arranged this time, but his big eyes were still as scary as the first time I saw them. He was just creepy looking from the corner. It was funny to watch, yet a small chill went up my spine when he looked at me.

“Okay class, be quiet! From today forward, you will have a new classmate.” She beckoned for the kid to come inside and he entered the class, a bit shy. He was really small now that I take a better look at him, he was kinda cute though, but that stare was just funny and scary at the same time; maybe he has some eye problems.

“So,” The teacher said showing us the new boy,

“This is your new classmate. Please introduce yourself.” She asked of him as she took a step back so the boy could have the space to move and bow.

“Hello. My name is Do Kyungsoo.” He said, smiling widely, his lips forming a heart shape; it was really cute, something about this boy was really cute and it was making my heart flutter a little.

“It's nice to meet you.” He said as he bowed and then went back to his poker face, erasing any sign of happiness or excitement from it.

His voice was warm, somehow calm, hearing it made you feel this strange feeling inside, maybe it was just me, maybe that was the effect to it, but I wanted to hear it more. I wonder what talent is he here for; with that kind of voice must be singing, it could be dancing too, or maybe arts. I can’t wait to find out; I hope we can be friends soon.

 


A/n: okay so this is my first time writing fan fiction. I don't exactly know how it should sound like. Also, I’m sorry if I used too much narration, and sorry if I don't explain things very well too, or if the story is boring, or cliché.
I hope you will like it and thank you for reading.

And also the reference to 2min will be another fanfic I will write after I'm done with this one. I hope you enjoy reading it. Thank you again. ^^