Falling

Just Kids

A while later, she was curled up in my arms, both of us exhausted and fighting sleep.

“Are you sure you’ve only done that twice before?” She whispered, tracing my chest with her finger.

“Mhmm.” I kissed her forehead. “I don’t really remember the first time all that well. I was pretty drunk.”

“Good. Don’t remember it.” She pressed her lips against my skin. “Only remember me.”

“I only want to remember you.” I admitted easily. “You’re amazing. And beautiful and y and perfect.”

“Mmm.” She sighed contentedly. “Please continue to sing my praises.”

“How are you so gorgeous?” I whispered, squeezing her close to me. “How did I land such a smart and y girl? Are you really mine?”

“Don’t get confused.” She yawned. “You’re mine, Jimin.”

I let out a tired laugh. “Okay. I’ll be yours.”

 

I pulled the blanket over us as she tangled our legs together.

“I should shower.” She said, her voice heavy with sleep.

“Don’t leave.” I whined, pulling her closer. “I’ll miss you too much.”

“You’re ridiculous.” She giggled, a drowsy and adorable giggle that tugged at my heartstrings.

“Just go to sleep.” I advised. “Dream about me.”

“Don’t wanna sleep.” She mumbled, burrowing her face in my chest. “Just wanna cuddle.”

“You sound like a baby.” I laughed.

“I like babies.” She whispered almost inaudibly.

“I thought you hated kids.” I patted her back, trying to lull her to sleep.

“Hate nannying.” She let out a little yawn. “But I like babies.”

“I could make you one.” I offered, dipping my hand down to rest on the small of her back.

“Shut up.” She laughed, opening her eyes and pulling away from me.

“That woke you up.” I teased. “You wanna get dressed or something? It’s cold to sleep without clothes on.”

“You can keep me warm.” She snuggled back into my chest.

“I want to at least put on a pair of boxers.” I said, disentangling myself from her arms.

“Why?” She complained. “Jimin, we’ve already had . Why are you still so shy?”

“I’m not being shy.” I muttered, climbing out of bed. “I don’t sleep .”

“Why not? It’s comfortable.” She turned to face me, watching as I hunted around for my clothes.

“I usually share a room with six other guys. Or a hotel room with at least another person. Or my mom comes in and wakes me up. Not really ideal situations for sleeping .” I tried to cover myself as I looked for the missing pair of boxers. “Stop staring at me. You ert.”

“Hey!” She exclaimed, offended. “I’m not a ert.”

“No, but you’re definitely a freak.” I snatched up the boxers from the floor and quickly stepped in to them. “You really have a thing for my thighs, huh?”

“Those are mine.” She pointed to the boxers, ignoring my question. I shrugged and tossed her my undershirt. She reluctantly sat up and pulled it over her head, wearing it like a tiny nightdress.

“I’m gonna go brush my teeth.” I smiled at her before turning away.

“Wait.” She climbed up off the bed and followed me. “You don’t have a toothbrush.”

 

She took my hand as we walked out of the bedroom. She rifled through the tiny hall closet and pulled out a spare toothbrush, handing it to me with a grin on her face.

“You can just keep it here, if you want. In case you sleep over again.”

“In case?” I raised my eyebrows. “Baby, I’ll be sleeping over a lot more.” I winked at her and tugged on the hem of her shirt, pulling her towards me.

“I have roommates.” She reminded me, pushing me towards the bathroom. “You won’t be.”

“Doesn’t Sul sleep over at Daniel’s a lot?” I grabbed the toothpaste and shoved my toothbrush in my mouth, brushing messily. “They’re pretty serious, huh?”

She stared at me with a disgusted expression on her face.

“What?” I asked. A bit of toothpaste flew out of my mouth and landed on her nose. She shrieked, waking up Yukon. He yapped excitedly and bounded over to us.

I turned and spit into the sink as she freaked out, swiping at the toothpaste on her nose.

“What the is wrong with you?” I laughed, rinsing out my mouth. “Are you allergic to toothpaste or something?” I sidestepped Yukon, who was trying to my toes.

She glared at me. “That’s so ing disgusting, Jimin.”

“I’m sorry? There’s no need to get so mad.” I reached out and ruffled her bangs. “It washes off.”

“I have a weird thing about toothpaste.” She informed me, pushing past me to brush her teeth. “Sorry. It grosses me out. I forgot you didn’t know.”

“That’s so cute.” I sat on the closed toilet seat and watched her as she brushed her teeth. “You’re very cute.”

Yukon darted in between her legs before running up to me. I held out a hand to him and he snuffled it gingerly. I picked him up and played with him while she finished brushing her teeth.

“I’m so tired.” She said, stifling a yawn.

“Well, it’s like four a.m., so I really don’t blame you.” I kissed Yukon’s head and set him down. He my toes before scampering away into the living room.

“It’s that late already?” She stretched her arms above her head and I turned away, trying not to peek as she revealed more of her body.

“Go to sleep.” I muttered. “Let me live in peace.”

“Come on, honey.” She bent down and tugged at my hands. “Let’s sleep in really late.”

“I don’t want to waste the whole day away.” I let her pull me up. “When will your roommates be back?”

“Ji Eun’s got work in the morning and Sul will probably spend the whole day with Daniel.” She shrugged, heading out of the bathroom. “When’s Taehyung going to want to hang out with you?”

“He apparently really hit it off with Gemma, so he texted me that they have plans tomorrow.” I brought up Gemma’s name tentatively, wondering how she’d react.

She turned to me with an impish grin. “So that means your house will be empty, right?”

“You’re right!” I returned her grin with a smile. “Baby, you’re so smart.” I tweaked her nose.

She smacked my hand away, laughing. “Don’t start this cheesy with me, Jimin. I won’t allow it.”

 

She turned away from me and sashayed back into her bedroom, fixing her disheveled hair before hopping into bed. I leaned against the doorframe and watched her for a moment, feeling satisfied. No matter what she said to the contrary, she was mine.

“Come on.” She called to me. “I want to go to sleep.”

“So go to sleep.” I laughed. “No one’s stopping you.”

“I don’t want to sleep without you.” She mumbled as her face turned bright red.

I resisted the urge to and slowly made my way over, climbing into bed and nestling up next to her. She turned and snuggled her head against my chest as she intertwined our legs.

“You’re a cuddler, huh?” I whispered, kissing the top of her messy bun.

“Just with you.” Her sleepy murmur made my heart squeeze with affection.

“You’re so ing adorable.” I sighed, closing my eyes.

 

I fell asleep soon afterwards, lulled to sleep by the steady rhythm of her breathing.

 

HER POV

 

“Are you sleeping?” I whispered to Jimin after a few minutes of silence. A faint snore answered me. Did he snore? I hadn’t noticed that before.

I kissed his chest lightly. “You’re beautiful.” I murmured against his skin. “So, so perfect.”

I looked up at what I could see of his sleeping face. His cheek was squashed against the pillow, his plump lips parted as he snored gently. He looked like a little kid. “What a babyface.” I ran my fingers along his neck, hoping he was a deep sleeper.

Jimin rolled over in his sleep, disentangling himself from me. I pouted, feeling lonely without his arms wrapped around me. I snuggled with his back and pressed tiny kisses down his spine, trying not to wake him up.

I touched my forehead to his before whispering words I’d been thinking for a while.

“I think I’m falling in love with you.”