The rumours

My Celebrity Crush

 

“Care to explain this, Nam Woohyun?” Woolim’s CEO threw the newspaper on his table. Woohyun carefully picked the paper up and read the headline of the newspaper.

“INFINITE’S WOOHYUN WENT ON A DATE WITH A MYSTERIOUS GIRL”

The CEO then heaved a sigh. “You know what; I don’t really care about this dating issue, but sneaking out?” His tone grew higher. Woohyun looked down and kept himself shut. “Okay, look.” He finally said while slightly scratching his head. “Stay out of the press. If they asked if you went on date, just don’t deny or might as well don’t say a word. Okay? You may go.” Woohyun bowed and dragged himself out of the CEO’s office. He made his way towards the practice room where the members were awaiting for him.

Arriving in front of the practice room, he found the door knob and turned it. The handle felt icy in his hand as he opened the door.

The door swung open and he took a step into the room. All eyes were on him when he entered the practice room. “What did he said?” Sunggyu asked concerned as he walked towards him. “Nothing important. Besides, they don’t know who the girl is. It won’t be an issue. Everything’s going to be fine.” Woohyun simply said, making it sounded insignificant.

“It should be an issue if the netizen found out who’s the girl is.  Something bad might happen to Yeon Jung.” Myungsoo out of a sudden voiced out, while giving him a burning glare.

“What? That girl is Yeon Jung sshi?” Sungyeol asked. “Are you really dating her?” he asked again. “How did you know it was her?” Woohyun turned towards Myungsoo ignoring Sungyeol’s question. “She’s my best friend. Of course I know. I know everything about her” He answered casually.

 Woohyun smirked.”Everything?” he scoffed.” Are you sure?” he asked.

“Okay guys. Look, let’s just forget about it. We need to practice. “ Sunggyu suddenly said, breaking the tense between L and Woohyun.

***

“WHAT??! Ohh,they kept giving me a heart attack. Ohh I’m going crazy.” Your classmate screamed all of a sudden.

“Who’s this girl?” Another one asked. “I will haunt this girl down.” She clenched her fist.

Just then, Jiyeon entered the class and directly went towards you. “Yeon Jung ah. I need to talk to you.” She grabbed your arm before you could even answer. She brought you to a less crowded place. “Yah, what’s up with you?” You asked, while she paused for a moment catching her breath. “Look!” he handed to you a magazine with a picture of you and woohyun. Fortunately you face were covered by the hoddie.

“This is you right?” she asked. You blinked in disbelief and gulped. You nodded a little. “How did you know?” you asked.

“First I was just guessing. Later on I recognised your bag.”She pointed out for you.

You took a closer look at the picture.”I’m dead.”

“Not to scare you or anything, but you should change your bag if you don’t want to be discovered.”

You inhaled an amount of oxygen.* I know I will get us into trouble* you thought. You then grabbed your phone from the pocket and dialled woohyun’s number. Unfortunately there was no answer.

“You shouldn’t be worry to much. I’m sure everything’s going to be fine.” She tried to console you.

You then went back into the class with Jiyeon only to find out that the whole classroom were talking about Woohyun and his mysterious girl. “Maybe they are not dating. They’re friend that went out together.”You overheard a girl said.

You anxiously went to your seat. “I hate this girl. I swear.” You heard another insulting word from a girl.

Jiyeon who also heard that turned to look at those girls. “Yah. Are you that jealous? You shouldn’t be hating on random girl just because she went out with Woohyun.” Jiyeon growled.

“I’m getting tired of you guys whining about your boys being stolen whatsoever. Could you please keep that big mouth of yours shut!”

Those girls kept quiet, so did the whole class. You look at her and mouthed “Thanks.” She smiled back at you and turned to face the front again.

Placing your head on the table, you sighed.*Too many things happen these days. What should i do? Woohyun must be in a lot of trouble because of me* you thought.

***

You were on the way out of the school compound when you saw Myungsoo standing in front of the school gate. Luckliy he’s Myungsoo today and not L. If not, there’ll be other rumours about you and him. You arranged your steps towards him. He looked at you when he saw you.

“Hey. What are you doing here?” You asked him.

“To study with you.” He answered brief.”Study?” He nodded.

“Entrance exam is around the corner. I need to get into college too. Plus, they are giving me some free time so that I could have time to study for the exam while preparing for our next album.”

“Another album? When?” you asked as you guys walked away together.

“Probably next year.”

You nodded. “Oh okay.”

“Are you really dating woohyun hyung?” he suddenly asked. Your eyes widen as you heard his question. “You knew it was me?” He nodded again.

“Aishh. Of course not. I met him by coincidence.” You simply replied him with a slight grin on your face. “By the way…” you trailed off. He turned to face you, waiting for you to speak. “I heard the news. Is it true?”

“Hmmm?” he was slightly puzzled. “About liking…” you stopped before you could finish the sentence. “neh…” he answered short.