Flashback

Midnight Runway

{Angela’s POV}

 

            After dinner, Got7 had decided to split off to go see their families that lived here, and those that had no family here had decided to go to a hotel for their week of stay. Mark gave his car to Jaebum, warning him that if he even got one scratch on his car, he will wring out his neck, which gave him quite a scare, and earned a laugh from everybody except those two. Jaebum’s job was to bring those with no family here in Seoul to a hotel to live in for the next few days, while Mark’s job (who was, unfortunately driving my car) was to drive us all who had family here in Seoul to our own respective homes.

            After driving everybody home, it was just Mark and I in the car, and neither one of us dared to talk. It wasn’t that there was an ominous aura around one of us, its just that we didn’t know where to start talking at. So I started to talk, getting ready to tell Mark about him, when Mark interrupted what I was about to say and said something himself. “So, how is school Angie?”

            “It was a little rough, like how I mentioned on the phone. It isn’t because of the academics part Mark, it’s about something else…” I hesitated to say, not knowing how I should tell him.

            “What happened? If it isn’t the academics, what exactly is wrong with school that you’re having a rough time?” Mark says, cautiously, not trying to pry too much at once.

            I sigh, “Mark… Can I tell you at home instead? .. So how is work?”

            “It’s fine, just the usual. Fans, lights, makeup, dance routines, singing routines, rapping routines, just the same.  How about your work? How long have you been doing modeling again?” Mark says, veering away from the school topic.

            “Modeling is fun. It’s just the usual, photo shoots, makeup, trying on a bunch of clothes, people rushing to get everything on me, holding new products, working for multiple companies to sponsor. Mark, I started modeling when I was scouted two years ago, and I managed to maintain it with my school…” Then I stopped and hesitated the next part. But still feeling obligated to say it, I say it softly, “Mom and Dad let me continue modeling…”

            Mark just stays quiet, knowing that this is a sensitive topic with the both of us, and the rest of the ride home was quiet, both of us thinking about our parents, and the night they were murdered.

            When we had gotten back to our apartment, I finally had figured out the words to tell Mark about the troubles I had at school. “Oppa… I think I’m ready to tell you about school now.” Mark moved over to the couch and sat there, ready to listen to what I say, and so I sat beside him, thinking carefully how I should recite it.

            “Angie. You don’t have to tell me yet if you’re not ready. Even though I want to know, and even though I have the urge to pry open your mouth and have you start talking, I can wait 'til you’re ready to tell me.” Mark says, which makes me laugh a little.

            “Oppa.. Have I ever told you about how school was before, and where I was placed in the so-called ‘highschool popularity’?” Mark just shakes his head no, so I continue. “Because I’m a model, and a lot of people at my school reads the magazine, I became popular because of my looks and academics. Eunbyung became popular because everyone knew she was an awesome photographer and is my photographer when we model.” Mark just listens to me intensively, hearing every word I say. “Well, there are these six popular guys in the school that practically all  the girls fell for, except for Eunbyung and I. They debuted as a kpop group like you guys, and are becoming quite popular. Anyways, they started to talk to Eunbyung and I because our ‘status’ became higher and we were so-called ‘privileged’ to hang out with them at all times.” Mark froze up.

            “Angie. Is this about a guy?” Mark asks, “Did you go out with one of these guys?”

            “Oppa.. Be quiet and let me finish my story, or else I won’t tell you anymore and I’ll let you suffer from the thought.” I say before I continue with my story. “So they started to bother Eunbyung and I…”

 

{Flashback to two years ago}

           

            “Yah! Angie! Guess what? We both climbed up the ‘popularity charts’ and are now ‘privileged’ to hang out with the six most popular guys in the school” Eunbyung says sarcastically, while I started to laugh.

            “Well if they aren’t much of a douchebag than they sound to be, this might actually be fun like the old times with Jae-jae, Bambam, and Yugyeommie.” I say, while walking with Eunbyung to the school gates to finally get to go home.

            “Hey! That isn’t nice to say behind peoples’ backs, I never knew you two were like this. Shame on you.” A deep voice said, right behind us and making a tsk tsk sound at us. “You don’t even know anything about us yet and you already think you know so much about us?” Eunbyung and I froze, shocked, until we here laughing from behind us.

            “Yah! Ravi, leave them alone would you? You’re scaring the living daylights out of them!” A voice says, chuckling as he keeps approaching us from behind, so slowly both Eunbyung and I turned around to see two of the popular guys behind us. The person called Ravi, turned towards the voice that had called him out and started to pout. “Yo! You guys must be Eunbyung and Angela, right? The name is Cha Hakyeon, but you can just call me N, that’s my stage name, and I got used to being called that rather than my first name. This troublemaker here is Kim Wonshik, but everybody calls him by his stage name, Ravi. Sorry for him scaring you guys earlier, his job was to actually bring you guys to us so we could get to know each other, but instead he was getting into trouble again” N explains, chuckling at a few parts himself. “Follow me, I’ll take you to where the other guys are.” So we follow them, not knowing what else to do.

            We enter an empty classroom to find four boys sitting in the classroom with there uniforms hanging loose. “Welcome to our hangout. We usually stay here after school doing whatever you want, and usually it’s just us boys but we decided we wanted new company so we invited you two girls.” N says, smiling towards us. “Yah! Boys! Here they are, Angela Tuan and Kim Eunbyung. Now each of you, introduce yourselves. As you already know, I’m Cha Hakyeon, but I go by N.”

            “Yo, the name’s Kim Wonshik, but I go by Ravi.”

            “Annyeonghaseyo, Jung Taekwoon – imnida. But you can call me Leo.”

            “Hi, I am Lee Hongbin, and I actually go by Hongbin unlike these other people.” He smiles with his deep dimples showing, stabbing Eunbyung's heart and mine.

            “Hey, my name is Lee Jaehwan. Call me Ken.”

            Finally, there was one more person, but he looked so flustered to talk so he walked to N and whispered something to him. “No, I’m not going to introduce you, go introduce yourself.” N says sternly to the boy looking down at his toes. “Sorry girls, he asked me to introduce him to you guys. He says he’s too shy to introduce himself in front of two beautiful girls like yourselves.” N says slyly, making the boy flush a dark crimson red.

            “A-a-a-annyeonghaseyo… My name is Han Sunghyuk. Please call me by Hyuk, nice to meet you.” Hyuk says, his voice becoming softer with each word. And then I couldn’t help myself anymore, I started to laugh, I go up to the boy and ruffle his hair.

            “Annyeong Hyuk. No need to be shy. If I’m not mistaken all of us are in the same grade right? So no need to be formal.” I say placing my hands on his shoulders and smiling at him.

            “Yeah, Hyuk. No need to be scared, we don’t bite.” Eunbyung says, winking at him, while she started to move to my side. “What do you boys usually do after school in here? Doesn’t look like much you can do.”

            “Oh, we don’t do much. We usually just talk about anything, from our job to the teachers here, practically anything in general.” Hongbin replies to Eunbyung, which earns him a frown from both Eunbyung and I.

            “That’s boring, let’s go out and play!” I say, when my phone rang. “Oh, sorry give me a second.” I left the room and picked up my call, to find my manager, Yonshik, telling me that I have an emergency photo shoot today and that I have to head there as soon as I can with Eunbyung. Sighing, I tell her ok, and asked if I could invite some people to come and watch. She said sure, as long as I came and then she hung up. I ran back into the room and yelled out, “Pack your bags boys. You’re coming with me to my job and witnessing the work of a model.” Eunbyung looks at me strangely, with a look that says we don’t have any work today. “Eunbyung, Yonshik just called, she said that we have an emergency shoot today. Oh yeah, boys I’m driving, hope you guys don’t mind a roller coaster.” I smirk and walk out the door to my car waiting just outside the school gates.


A/N: Hi everyone, Admin-T here. The mystery boys are now out, but who is it that Angela's worrying about. Oh yeah, and for this story, everybody in Vixx is going to be the same age. (As you can tell) Next chapter is going to be a continuation of the flashback. In the comments, feel free to guess who Angela's mystery boy is. I'll try to update chapter 4 as soon as possible. Thanks.