Mystery Guy

Midnight Runway

{Continuation of flashback part 3}

{N’s POV}

 

            As I saw Hongbin and Eunbyung enter the room with them holding hands, I felt as though my heart has broken into a million pieces. My blood felt as though it had froze and all blood couldn’t flow to the rest of my body, making me feel numb all over. Everybody fooled around and congratulated them, soon realizing that I was the last to congratulate them I put on my best smile and said congrats and had turned away…a bit too fast. Well, hoped that didn’t blow my cover. Though my heart was broken I still felt glad that Eunbyung was happy with Hongbin as her boyfriend.

 

{Leo’s POV}

 

            The only time I decide to actually be open around a girl to encourage N into hooking up with Eunbyung, Hongbin had to ask her out and she just had to accept his confession. I don’t know if anyone noticed but the entire time that Hongbin was explaining how he asked her out and their new relationship, I kept giving Hongbin the evil eye, as well as turning to N occasionally to give him the evil eye as well. After today, I am never going to help someone with love. It’s too complicated for my tastes and a lot of work. Wonder if I’ll ever fall in love…I always think it is troublesome…

 

{Hongbin’s POV}

 

            For some weird reason, as I was telling the others about Eunbyung and me, I kept getting chills down my spine, and had a feeling that someone was glaring at me… Hope it wasn’t anything…

 

{Last month of school before summer break}

 

{Angela’s POV}

 

            Yes!! School is almost over, and being popular isn’t that bad. People admire you from afar and if you’re popular, you always seem to be liked by the teachers. I was playing around with my ear buds as I was walking out of the school gates listening to my brother’s and the others new debuted album. The song that I liked the most was their song “Follow Me”, which had my brother rapping in English, which I understood perfectly. After all I am a cali-girl at heart and forever will be; which had me debating if I should go visit my family in LA this summer. I haven’t seen my family since last year, and all of a sudden had an urge to visit them. My brother’s rap and Jackson's rap 2was about to come up and since I knew all the lyrics by heart, I decided to sing along only for the English part and hum the rest of the song.

“Listen up y’all. You gon get it girl, I’m a pretty boy. Quit playin hard to get, you’ll never find a better boy. So come along with me if you wanna do it right cause I can show you how to have a good time all night. So tell me whatcha think. Doesn’t it sound nice? So follow follow me if you want that good life. Got7. Got-Got7 (what). Got7 G-Got-Got7. Uh. Well let's forget about all the drama. Will try to make you my queen just like stories in the drama.Uh, just don’t know who will come up ain’t nobody would pop in, into my mind better be somebody special for me. Stand by me girl, even though I’m a bad boy. Baby girl be my only only good girl. Got7 Got-Got7 (what). Got7 G-Got-Got7.” 

After "Follow Me" the next song on my playlist was another song Got7 and is one that I remembered all the lyrics to and loved to sing along to as well, which is "I Like You"

“Nan niga joha niga joha niga joha neomu joha. Nan niga joha niga joha niga joha neomu joha. Nan niga joha niga joha niga joha neomu joha. Nan niga joha niga joha neomu joha.

(I like you, like you, like you, really like you. I like you, like you like you really like you. I like you, like you, like you, really like you. I like you, like you, like you, really like you.)  

Ja nae mal jal deureo nan niga joha. Neoui damhan kiwa jakgo ottokhan kowa aengdu gateun geu ipsul. Amureon gisuldo eobsi nae ipsure, geunyang gatda daego isseul”

(Listen to me carefully, I like you. Your small height, your high-bridged nose, your cherry lips. Without any technique you put your lips on mine.)

And I just kept singing, without knowing I had stopped and had attracted a crowd. As I was singing I didn’t notice that everybody was just watching me and listening to me. When the song had finished, I took off my earbuds and saw people surrounding me. Before I knew it they were all clapping. “Um, why are you clapping?” I ask, confused.

            “Wow. Angie! We never knew you had such an angel-like voice.” N said, while stepping out of the crowd with four boys trailing behind him. “Though, I don’t know why you chose that song. You should have chose our group’s.”

            I laughed. “Oh. I guess I didn’t realize that I was singing out loud the entire song and had attracted the crowd. And you know, if my brother wasn’t in this group, maybe, just maybe I would sing your group’s.”

            “Yah! What’s wrong with our groups?” N asked, pretending to be hurt by my words. All of a sudden I received a text. The username that appeared flashed “Mark Tuan”. I guess I unintentionally squealed because the boys looked at me alarmed. “Got to go boys. I’ll see you tomorrow.” And I took off leaving them behind before they could say anything else.

 

{Hyuk’s POV}

 

             Us five boys were just walking around the streets after walking out the school gate, and making our way through the crowd of girls that surrounded the school gates. We were walking around aimlessly talking about anything in general, except for the topic of Hongbin and Eunbyung, which was still a very sensitive topic for N. When all of a sudden we heard a beautiful voice singing in English, well I don’t think she was singing really, maybe rapping because she was saying the words faster than usual singers sing at. “Yah! I hear rapping, and not a guy rapping, a girl rapping. And she sounds amazing. Guys we have to check it out!” Ravi says, knowing rapping when he hears it. Thought so, well Ravi should be right since he is the rapper in our group. As we got closer we could hear the English better and could understand bits and pieces.

 

“Um, I think she’s rapping from a guys point of view, because she keeps saying girl a lot.” N says, which makes us all roll our eyes.

 

“No duh N.” Leo finally says.

 

“She’s good. Like really good. Wonder if she can rap in Korean. I also want to know this girl, I think I’ll get along with her just fine.” Ravi says as we still keep our distance from this mystery girl.

 

“Wait guys. I think she just changed songs. And look she stopped. Let’s go closer and listen to her.” I say, as I inch closer to the girl. Soon enough, this girl’s singing attracted passerby’ attention and they came closer to listen to her sing. Before we knew it, she was surrounded by people and so we moved to the front where we could hear her sing clearly. As we moved to the front and then we had finally caught a glimpse of her face.

 

“Hah! I told you guys I would get along with this girl. We already do get along.” Ravi said, proud that he had predicted it.

 

“Idiot, we all get along with her.” N said, glaring at Ravi.

 

“I never knew she could sing though… She’s actually quite good. Her tone is even and sweet. She could become an idol if she wanted too. Well if she can dance at least.” Leo said, surprised at who we see. We waited until she finished singing and had finally realized that a crowd had gathered, and once they realized that she had finished, we all started to clap for her.

 

“Um. Why are you all clapping?” She said. Finally we had decided to show ourselves and N started to about her choice of songs, which made me curious too. Why would she pick an unknown song to sing and listen to? When she had told us that it was her brother’s group it all made sense, and I remember that there was a new debut group from JYP Entertainment. Before I could say anything about it, she took off once she had received a text from someone.

 

“Weird. Did she say who it was from?” N said, frowning as we walked away where we once stood with Angela.

 

“Nope.” Ravi said, “Must be her boyfriend for her to run away like that.” which made us walk in silence all the way back to our own homes.

 

{Angela’s POV}

 

            Mark sent me a text saying that he was coming home today, so I took off and ran all the way home, leaving me breathless as I approached our apartment door. Once I saw him, I told him about my day, except for the 6 boys we had met and that one of them was dating Eunbyung, because all I was interested in was hearing how Mark was doing and how the others were doing as well.

 

            The next day, I found a note in my locker:

 

Dear Angela, Please meet me at the school’s rooftop right after school. I have something to tell you. I will be awaiting your arrival. Please don’t be late.

From: Your Secret Admirer

 

            I started to turn red as I read the note. Oh my god!! Is this going to be a confession? I wonder who it is!! If I get a boyfriend than I can’t go out with him this summer because I’m going to be gone to LA with Mark to visit my parents. Multiple feelings washed over me. First was excitement, and then I started to worry about multiple things. “UGH!” I groan as I hit my head on my locker lightly in a rhythmic sequence. Once I heard the bell ring, I’m pretty sure I had a bruise faintly forming in the middle of my forehead where I kept hitting myself.

 

            Finally the highly anticipated hour has been brought upon us and I headed towards the roof, walking at a temperate pace. One. Two. Three. Four. And I kept repeating the numbers in my head as I walked up. When I have finally reached the roof, I open the door and see a male back facing me. Slowly he turned around, and I saw someone that I have never anticipated to see….


A/N: Sorry guys, this chapter is really short. I'll try to make my next few chapters longer. Feel free to leave your guesses of who this mystery guy is in the comments below. Admin T out.