Getting Closer

Love and its Opposite

Getting closer

 

"Are you okay? Who for the God's sake would let themselves soak to the bone?! You are shivering!" Her hands grabbed his shoulders tightly, pulling him down rather uncomfortably. Taehung stayed still for a brief momemt, his mouth hanging open. He was fascinated by her eyebrows twitching worriedly up and down. And it made him feel so good, because she was worried about him. And boy, were her eyes shining so brightly, it seemed like if she had diamonds set in her pupils. 

"I just went down the street to get you the soy sauce..." He raised the bag in his right hand. Indeed, there were two Kikoman bottles bulging the plastic bag.

"Why, Taehyung.. I'm sorry to say this, but how can you be so stupid? There is huge storm outside, you shouldn't have done that."

"I... I wanted to help out," the brown-headed guy replied. He had no clue where all the courage came from, but it worked on her somehow. Her pupils grew an inch bigger, her body frozen for a second, before a low, somewhat calming laugh erupted from . He didn't know that she was able to look even prettier than she was already until now. 

"Thank you then. I appreciate that. Now... would you perhaps like to join me for dinner? After you change into dry clothes of course. I've got some delicious chicken wings." Chicken wings with this noona? Hell yes. Taehyung's body was starting to warm up. 

"Oh, sure. I would love to," he smiled at her and she returned the action to him.

Both of them stepped inside their rooms and meanwhile Taehyung went straight to change himself into clean clothes and maybe also spray himself with his best perfume, Yoona took her time arrange the food onto her conference table in front of the sofa. A bell rang through her apartment five minutes later, to which she replied with, "Come in!" She didn't expect anyone else to arrive but that cute boy from the opposite door, Taehyung. 

She turned around and saw him dressed in the simple button shirt and grey sweatpants. His hair was still a little damp, the hair tips stuck into each other. 

"Sit here next to me," she tapped on the sofa, indicating him to take place to her right side. He did as she said and leaned forward to take a sneak peak at the huge box of food. 

"Damn, that's some pretty juicy chicken. Why did you buy so much food anyway?" He  the bit of chicken crumble off the corner of his lips. 

"Well, I was supposed to have a dinner with my boyfriend after he's done with film shooting," oh, so she had a boyfriend. Of course she did, you idiot. And did she say shooting? he thought quietly, "but the weather had got in the way so now they have to wait until it clears out."

"Ahh, I see."

"I was supposed to cook some homemade food for us, but did not realize I was short of ingredients, not just the soy sauce, so your help wouldn't have been much of a help to me - but still, I'm very grateful for your help, don't you dare think I am not -," she placed her hands on his knee nonchalantly, but also making sure not to dirty him with her oily fingers, "so I ordered chicken wings at the last minute, because who doesn't love them, right?" Yoona took another bite and her dimples showed up as she giggled like a small child.

Her hair was messily tied into a low bun and she acted so naturally with her legs crossed on the grey sofa. Oh, and did he mention that her black lacy bra was quite easy to see from his side every time she bent down to grab another piece of meat. But as much as a normal teenage boy he was, he tried not to look at her cleavage. 

"But honestly - and this is just between us okay? - I'm glad he didn't turn up," she admitted.

"How come?" 

"He's the type of person who enjoys high-class restaurants, you know. I don't think he would have been very excited about eating fried chicken wings from fast food restaurant, he didn't even know, haha." Only now did Taehyung realize that the way she had been talking about her boyfriend was rather monotone and unexciting. 

"Ah, I see... Well, I probably wouldn't have clicked with your boyfriend, because as a poor student living on his own, I live off fast food," he joked, wiping his fingers with a tissue. Yoona threw her head back and another melodic sound resonated through the room. He really enjoyed the sound. Somehow, it was so easy to believe in the sincerity of her laughter.

"No, Sanghyuk is a good guy, trust me. He may have different life values, but he never holds grudges against anyone. It's just that I'm his girlfriend so I don't want to disappoint him. I want him to be proud of me, which can also mean cooking delicious food for him anytime he comes over to my place," she finally looked up from the floor and locked her doe eyes with his and this time, she sounded so confident and firm.

This time, he saw a reflection of a strong, beautiful, grown-up woman in front of him. She really made him respect her the longer they talked. Yoona suddenly cleared and clasped her hands together, "Sorry, I've been talking about my boyfriend for too long."

"No big deal," Taehyung shrugged it off and stood up, "you wanna help with dishes?" He asked, looking around the place, when he realized that there was nothing to help out with except throwing the paper box into the trash can. 

"You got away with it today," her lips formed into a chuckle as she grabbed the empty box and waved her hand, "follow me to the kitchen." After washing their hands in a small sink, their skin unintentionally touching each other, which caused Taehyung's heartbeat to increase a tiny bit, he wipped himself off his pants, as a phone started vibrating against his pocket. He picked it up, "Hey Kook, what's up?... Yeah, count with me. Alright, see ya."

"In a hurry to somewhere?" Taehyung turned to his side. She had untied her hair and was now propping her hands on the kitchen counter. 

"Not in a hurry, but I shall go now. My mates have gathered for a band rehearsal so I'm going  to meet them now," It would have been a lie, if Taehyung had denied that little amount of proudness that rose inside of him, when he noticed Yoona's body straightening up in interest. 

"Cool, you're playing in a band?" 

"Technically yes. We've got compulsory after-school clubs so I thought that joining a school band would be fun. We aren't professionals, but hey, I don't think we are that bad haha."

"You are pretty cool, Taehyung." 

"Thanks," he threw a smile at her and she could imagine vividly how many girls must be going after him. 

"You want to get a ride? I mean, I want to thank you for the earlier, ah, now that I'm speaking about it, I must pay you back for the bottles!" She was already about to rush out of the kitchen in the middle of finishing the sentence, but Taehyung grabbed her wrist quickly. 

"It was nothing, I don't want money. The ride will be enough," Yoona nodded and walked over to her room to grab the keys.

During the ride in Yoona's white mini cooper, Taehyung learned that she enjoyed slow R&B music like Urban Zakapa, which was not particularly his style, but she certainly didn't have a bad taste in music. He navigated her the way through the dark streets and soon they were at Namjoon's place. The loud music could be heard from the outside and the thirst thing that popped into Yoona's head was how neighbours could endure such a ruckus at night. But the longer she was listening to the noise, the more complex and better it sounded. She was now tapping her fingers against the steering wheel, the catchy melody pleasing her ears. 

"Your music is pretty good," she blurted out, nudging the younger boy's arm while he was unbelting, "can't hear the words properly, but the chords sound pretty amazing."

"Thank you, Yoona," he answered, sincerely happy about her comment. Now, this really boosted Taehyung's confidence, "We will be playing at our school's christmas festival soon. Wanna come and see us?"

"Sure, if I won't be working. Ah, wait, when is it?"

"On Decemeber 15th, that's Friday, I think."

"Oh no, I don't think I will be free that day..."

"What do you have that day?" Taehyung furrowed his brows, leaning closer to her unconsciously.

"My schedule for the mid December is pretty packed. We won't be done with shooting by that time." 

"Shooting? You are a..."

"I'm an actress. Not like a well-known celebrity, I'm only playing minor characters right now, but hopefully I'll get more job offers," the girl laughed. 

"You are an actress? Woah, that's on another level! I'm here bragging about being in the band and you are an actress! Now I feel pathetic," Taehyung ran his hand through hair, taken back by the new fact about her.

Yoona could only chuckle, amused by his reaction, "Oh come on, don't treat me like a  Hallyu star. I've just started this job, I still lack in many areas."

"You are too humble. With a face like this, you can achieve anything," the moment  adter those words slipped out of Taehyung's mouth, he regretted it. Plus Yoona's puzzled expression didn't help the situation, "ah, no, I mean, I'm sure you are talented, but I just wanted to, you know, compliment your face. I mean, uhm yeah, you are beautiful," his ears reddened and Yoona laughed at his clumsy speech. She couldn't help it but tug his ear.

"I know you didn't mean it in the bad way, stupid. Thanks for the compliment though."

Taehyung laughed with a hint of awkwardness in the air, "You are welcome."

The two of them were now holding their gaze, smiling from ear to ear. They had nothing to say anymore, but Taehyung wanted to stay longer a little bit. But suddenly there was a loud noise of garage door being pulled up by someone. Taehyung turned behind to see Yoongi staring at them, both hands above him, holding the door still. Behind him was the rest of boys, everyone holding some kind of musical instrument, yet all standing still like if they had been taken back by their fellow mate's companion.

Taehyung turned back quickly at Yoona, not liking the idea of all those boys staring at her, even if she were sitting in the car behind the dark window, "I guess I should go now. Thanks for everything. The dinner and also the ride," he smiled again.

"No problem, see you next time," and with that said, Taehyung got out of car,  waving her shortly before she turned the wheel around.

 

 


Author's note: After a long time, I'm back! This chapter happened spontaneously, because I had no plans on continuing this story, heck I didn't even know I that remembered my password to this site lol. But after successfully logging in and seeing this story, I decided to write more. I hope you like it. Please write down in comments section what you think about this so far! :)