CHAPTER VII - SORCERY OF HER FAIRYTALE

IF ONLY THEY KNEW A.K.A MEMOIR OF HER (EXPLICIT: THE EXTENDED VERSION)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER VII

SORCERY OF HER FAIRYTALE

 

 

“Love exists but with an absence of eternity…
At the first moment of a lovers encounter, 

There’s an affirmation of love;

Psychologically, lunacy, emptiness, panic, delusions that the moment will last forever.
I’m seized by desire. 

I hide behind my back, and postpone all answers.”

-Krystal Jung (Monologue): Pink Tape-

 

 

===

 

 

August 25th 2017 

The Green Park

 

The apple’s tree was still planted in where had to stand. Let the love birds swallowed the fondness feeling that never left their mind, body or heart. Seemed it would stay forever like that. After circling the park two times, Krystal and Amber sat down on the bench where the had arrived at the beginning.  

 

“Stupid,” Krystal said as she leaned her head on his shoulder, wondering.

 

“Yup Princess,” Amber replied loyally like the real servant, having half of his attention on Krystal.

 

“Do you believe in fairytale?” She asked. Staring at the sun that started to hide, giving its place to the moon that starting arise. 

 

Her childish question attached his full attention though just a while, arching his eyebrow and did light smile, “What do you mean? Frozen? Shrek or…?” 

 

Krystal hit his chest lightly before Amber finished his cocky joke. Glancing at him, she waited for his answer. Instead answered her freakish question, he played the Hasselblad. Looking through the picture that he had taken before. It was picture of Krystal when they had got brunch in their favourite bistro. What Amber did, attached her attention. Full of curiosity, she abandoned the unanswered question.

 

Krystal snatched the camera, talked in her way, “Do you love me that much, huh?”

 

Amber raised his eyebrow, slight pursed his lips, “Uhm… Still think about it.”

 

She widened out her eyes, squealed in pamper, “What?!”

 

“I do.” He said, trying to be cool. 

 

How Amber said that word drowned all of her worried. That simple answer was more than  enough to draw a smile on Krystal’s face. Jump to the conclusion on her mind, it was words that could answer all her anxiety or curiosity about the fairytale that clutching on her heart. Krystal concluded, Amber fathomed.   

 

I don't know how to answer….

In fact I’m not sure that fairytale do exist for us, for you….

The only thing I know is, 

I really love you…

I’m sorry, for the umpteenth time my princess…

 

While lingering her head on his shoulder, she played with his Hasselblad. Krystal smiled bubbly as Amber nuzzled her hair with his lips. When Krystal finally realised that fairytale existed in the real life, Amber finally realised that fairytale wasn't eternity. Like water that vaporised into the air, only left the emptiness. 

 

One thing that he fathomed, the fact that haunted him when he spent a lot of time with Krystal. His own feeling drowned himself, knowing how she had been hurt all this time was enough for him. He couldn't take it any longer.

 

He knew, better than anyone else, what he did right now was kind of selfish way of thinking. He counted himself as the big hypocrite. Delaying the fact, covered with everything’s-okay thought. Selfless the time, enjoying his delusional togetherness that faced the edge. 

 

Amber was sober enough, what he did just hiding behind the painful truth that drifting Krystal to be more dreadful than now. Day by day, he just dug the wound deeply on the heart. Not only his heart but hers too.

 

The truth didn't seem a thing that he wanted right now. If he could, he chose to bury the fact with him till the end of edge. 

 

Just —if I could. 

 

===

 

 

August 25th 2017

The Castled House

 

-Where are you Kai?- From Vic

 

Kai stared at his phone, then he smiled faintly as he put it down on the bed. Keeping on with his stuff that already cramped in the brown leather traveling bag. Sometimes there was a deep breath that sounded really hefty, heaved jar. His heart had never been so hurt. The never ending truth that hunted Kai this entire day, succeeded to knock him down. His heart was agony, high and dry!

 

The dream and hope that keeping on his mind and heart suddenly crumbled. With his leftover strength, he tried to stood firmly. He closed his eyes for a moment, remaining Amber’s face. He inhaled a lot of oxygen that helped him to keep alive. As exhaling the particular iota of life, he smirked in vague. Like the movie’s director that feeling satisfy with the ending of the movie, he clapped his hands as his mind became clearly. 

 

At the end of his broken dream, he let the vow broken. Though it was hard but he did what he had to. The funny thing maybe for himself, there was a radiant feeling that flooded into his blood. 

 

Afterward Kai grasped his traveling bag and walked out from the castled house. Wore the long black coat and pair of black jeans, and as the ending completion he put his sunglasses, seemed, declaring himself to attend someone’s sepulture. 

 

Does it not enough?

It is enough… 

Enough to watch you from distance, 

Enough to accept the fact that you aren't with me,

Enough to wear this mask that I put everyday…

What I hope for, just to see your face in every single day….

It’s more than enough for me… But why it isn't enough for you?

 

Kai had left the castled house. Afterward, someone stepped down from the yellow taxi that stopped in front of the castled house’s gate. The golden brown hazelnut hair girl was running to the facade of castled house. She knocked roughly the front door while her left hand was rumbling the knob door. Fortunately, it wasn't unlocked, the door drifted to open. 

 

Without thought too much she dashed into the house, searching for Kai. Every corners of the house was already cruised over seas, but what she got was nothing. She ended up at the first room that she had stepped before, the living room. Her legs seemed to lose all the strength, making herself collapsed on the robust floor. 

 

She dimmed her tears as she realised that Kai had gone. She didn't have any clue where he was. At the end, she was cramping herself with the jar. Without any companion, she swallowed all the maudlin feeling by herself, alone. And it was enough for Victoria, really enough.

 

====

 

 

About month later, October 3th 2017

 

“Where have you been?” The patient asked as he got up from the bed in examining room. 

 

Kai only stared at the patient, dimmed kind of uneasy feeling. He diagonal combed his black greasy hair that looked fresh from the shower. With the rhyme of his heart beat that was back normally, he smiled and did his signature treatment for the patient. 

 

He walked to the fridge and brought the ice cream while the patient was sitting down on the chair in front of his desk. Kai said as he gave the ice cream, “You have to maintain your heart Kid.”

 

“Of course Kai! After you have gone a month because your abrupt breaks or whatever it was, Dr. Anna took care of me.” The patient said in joke, “She did better than you.”

 

The patient smiled. Kai only remained silent. For a while, the patient didn't really sure that the joke probably wasn't funny at all, but it was wrong. Kai laughed, sound hyperbole. 

 

Kai said as he the ice cream, “Probably she has to take care of you seriously next time!”

 

The patient arched the eyebrow, didn't really sure what its meant. As watching the patient gesture, Kai said in joy, trying hard to be heard amiable, “You have to go now. I have another appointment Kid. Don't waste my time!”

 

“Yeah, yeah! I know the mighty heart doctor is always busy! I’m out now.” The patient said as he stood up, stepping through the door. But before opening the door, Kai did speak, “Kid!”

 

The patient did a sigh, guessing Kai would do his boring preach again and again. The patient turned around as faced Kai and answered, “Yes Kai.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter