CHAPTER V - SIGNATURE ICE CREAM AND HERON ORIGAMI

IF ONLY THEY KNEW A.K.A MEMOIR OF HER (EXPLICIT: THE EXTENDED VERSION)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER V

SIGNATURE ICE CREAM AND HERON ORIGAMI

 

 

“For those who are poor in happiness, each time is a first time; happiness never becomes a habit.” 

-Marilyn Monroe: My Story-

 

 

I walked out from my maroon Mercedes benz and take a look at my Rolex watch, it is 9 AM. I’m walking through the building like usual. Ready to bear with my daily work that never ends. 

It is kind of work that really make me stress. 

Honestly, I didn’t have any intention with this kind of job. 

It was my father, he excessive pushed me became something that I didn’t want to be.

But at the end, at least, I can get something that I want from this. Didn’t regret it after all. 

 

I stop by at the front desk, ask, “How’s today, Sam?” 

She smiles at me as she says, “There are 4 patients that having appointment with you today. Two of them are Dr. Anna’s patients that you have take over.”

I arched my eyebrows neatly and slightly diagonal comb my black hair, “Oh, those kids, right?”

Sam chuckled and nodded her head since she understands what I mean, “Okay thanks Sam.” I say as I step away to let her do her job.

She has said before, “You’re welcome, Dr Kai.” 

 

 

10.15 AM. The Hospital

Kai turned around as he had finished examining his patient. Walked through the desk and took his patient medical report. He looked through it, shrank his forehead. The patient had got up from the bed, already sat in front of the desk. Waiting the preaching that he would get from Kai. 

Kai said to his patience. “You have to maintain your health. I told you before about that…”

The patience cut off and smiled, “I know, my life isn’t longer anymore, is it? Dr Anna always told me since year ago.” 

Kai rolled his eyes, “I’m serious! I warn you this time. Your condition is getting worse day by day. You have to, kid.””

“I know Kai.” He said, trying to stop the preaching. He added, “I’ll try hard this time. I find a good… uhm… I mean the best reason to survive.”

“Wish you really mean it.” Kai said, bold the sentence.

He only smiled and nodded, then said casually. “Can I leave now?” 

“Yes. Just don’t forget to take your medicine properly.” Kai said, bold the point. 

“Okay Kai.” The patient already stood up but paused as Kai talked, again.

“You can leave after…” He said while walking through the fridge that placed near of his desk.

The patient cut off, “Stop it Kai, I’m not kid anymore.”

Kai brought two vanilla ice cream and handed to the patient as he stuck out his tongue, “You’re not the one. Eat it while you can.”

Kai said as he sat down on his chair. The patient only smiled and grant his wish, he ate it with Kai. The patient just found out about 3 months ago that it was Kai’s signature as his newly doctor. Though they just had known for 3 months but they looked like an old friend that just met again. Probably, it because of Kai’s manner when he worked as doctor. Well, when people was diagnosed with heart disease, mostly would feel really down, upset, sometimes without hesitated, decided to end their life early. Kai had known it well. So, he always supported them, pretended as their friend, not doctor. Thought, they would be feel more comfort to talk with him about it. Afterward, the patient already finished eating ice cream, so did Kai. 

“Okay, Kai this time I really need to go. I have a promise with someone.” He said. 

Kai narrowed his eyes, “Who? I bet, you have a date, right? Such a lucky girl!”

The patience just shook his head and smiled, Kai was chuckled. Then the patient excused himself. Kai was watching at him as he walked out then  disappeared. Kai let out deep sigh and shook his head. He knew that this patience never seriously managed his health. 

Kai mumbled to himself as he read again the medical report, “You really have to maintain your health, kid.”  

 

 

12.10 AM. The Park Near of The Hospital

 

Kai always spent a lot of his time in hospital. Sometimes Victoria would stop by, asked for lunch or just talked between two friends. It was like their habit after Kai married with Krystal. Sometimes Victoria visited Kai in hospital or around when Krystal rarely, or so called never visited. Actually, Victoria had known Kai long time ago before she met with Krystal. They were friend in senior high school but parted when they were in college. Honestly, she never expected that she had met again with Kai as her best friend’s would be husband at that time.

 

Victoria was waiting for Kai. she already sat down on the bench in the park, which was near of the hospital where Kai worked in. He had said by phone before that he would little bit late, did his signature treatment to his patient. She had known that Kai didn't like became a doctor. He had ever told her when they were in senior high school but since he had married with Krystal, he changed a lot mostly about the perception of his job. Sometimes, Victoria couldn’t understand Kai even though she knew the reason behind it. 

 

She looked at the watch on her wrist. It was already 15 minutes, but he didn’t show up. She puckered . Suddenly, there was ice cream in front of her face. Victoria smiled widely. She had known well that it was Kai’s signature ice cream as his apologize. This guy was the other ice cream lover that she had known, like her best friend, Krystal. 

She grumbled, snatched the ice cream, “Do you think I’m a kid?”

He chuckled, “Everybody look like a kid when they eat ice cream, Vic.”

“How do you do?” Victoria said while eating her strawberry ice cream. 

“Like always, a lot of patience. I have faced 4 patients today. Sometimes I feel distress when face them. You know mostly of them in their crucial state, left not much time.” He answered, ate his ice cream.

She remained silent for a while, d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter