CHAPTER II - C’EST LA VIE !

IF ONLY THEY KNEW A.K.A MEMOIR OF HER (EXPLICIT: THE EXTENDED VERSION)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER II

C’EST LA VIE !

 

“I was thinking bout her, thinking bout me. Thinking bout us, what we gon’ be

Open my eyes, it was only just a dream. So I traveled back down that road

Will she come back? No one knows. I realize, It was only just a dream…”

-Nelly: Just A Dream-

 

08.00 a.m. The Altar

The white church was stood alone in the middle of the green grass yard. The sun rose already hit the ground with those white yellow shinning light. The blue sky was as brighter as the sun, perfectly spread across behind, promised to strike the storm away. Such a flawless compliments for the wedding that was held today. The hoi polloi inside the church sent the fulfilled blessing as the strong statement of sacred moment to whom was standing on the altar. Thought, as the beautiful wedding that was happened today.

The groom was standing firmly on the altar smiled in amaze. Greeted the dead drop gorgeous bride who was walking toward the altar. Even though, it seemed like one of the perfect wedding on the fairytales that everybody had seen. But, someone who was standing alone outside the church, had known, the bride did already, take the cake. There was incredulity that painted on her face behind the bizarre smile.

Seem, the hoi polloi were blind; he was the only one who could see the explicit-invisible vision from her face.

 

I’m standing in the corner of the openly door of the church.

I prefer say that I hide, peeking at her most important moment in her life. She comes out from that door. She looks stunning with that long white bridal dress. Walking through to altar. She smiles but I know that it isn’t her sincerely smile that she’s used to. There’s still sorrow trace from our last moment together, that she’s trying hard to hide. Grants her happiness for them. Sell her soul to them.

I know she wants to pleasant everybody, her mother, father, and sister. But I know that wasn’t for me either she.

Still for me, it was a beautiful smile probably it is her last smile that I can see.

There’s she is, the most gorgeous princess in my life, standing in the altar.

Maybe this is the most selfish thought, but I want to stand there, I don’t want that man touch her, kiss her or just stand near.

I don’t want to see his cruel face.

I feel that I can’t keep on my life if I knew him.

The important thing is I know where it is ended. Whether she opens my letter or not before, she is already standing there, already choose her decision.

Here it goes, that priest already announces them as husband and wife. She already makes a move from her past. So I will.

I can’t stand to watch the whole of her wedding. I prefer to leave before this tears runs down through my cheek.

 

Amber hardly made a move, walked away from the church.

Nobody was aware his presence. So did Krystal.   

 

08.28 a.m. Amber’s Apartment

He came back to his apartment. The tears were still flowing down. Probably, it was the worst broken heart that he did felt. He managed to brush it away with his palm. Sometimes his body was shivered and trembled, hardly held the tears.

Amber opened the front door and mesmerized the whole inside of the apartment. He recalled all the moment they were spent last night. He saw wall near the kitchen, which hand over fist, he had hit insanely last night. Slightly touched the bandage. He saw the broken chair, which kicked to let out his anger. There was some of crashed stuff that he threw it everywhere in the living room.

Screening every part of the apartment. He stared the corner where Krystal had cried last night, which he had saw through the space between his fingers. He looked the sofa, which remembered him about the whole conversation that he had had with her. Probably, now he counted it as the most sacred talk between them.

He was walking through the bedroom. He stopped suddenly, put bittersweet smile when he saw the bed. All the bed, blanket, pillow was the witness of their love. He slightly touched the bed and sat down. Adoring that room, memorizing all the detail of the room, reminded all the memories that they had.

He grabbed his phone on the table that he had left before. He was texting someone. He smiled in force.

He let out the deep breath as the tears had dried. He grabbed the travelling bag that he had prepared. He walked out the bedroom and stopped in the living room.

He grabbed a book on the cupboard near the TV. He already wanted to leave since there was a lot of memories between Krystal and he that he couldn’t face it everyday. Suddenly His phone was vibrated. Put a book that he held before and he took the phone out from his pocket. There was one message on his phone.

-Amb, Where are You?- My Princess.

He smiled pathetic, and said, “Princess I hope you’ll happy.”

He shut down his phone. Grabbed his bag then he walked through the open door, once again turned around. He closed the door afterward and left. Blaze the trail, his lonely life.  

 

09.28. Amber’s Apartment

Krystal was running through the hall corridor. She forced to open the door, which was unlocked. She still wore the bridal dress. She was messed. Make up ruined, dirt and dust on her dress, heels on her hand. But she didn’t care as long as she found Amber.  

“Amb?” she squealed probably repeat it all the time while she was trying to find Amber in all part of the apartment.

She searched all of the space at apartment. She ran from kitchen, living room, bathroom, and bedroom. Didn’t miss any single part of the apartment. But she stopped it when opened the cloth drawer. All of his cloth was none. She let out the deep breath, tried to hold the tears. But it was failed. Instead held it, she bursts the tears. Crying loudly. The crying was sounded really pathetic. She sobbed.

She said scarcely, “Amber, Stupid. Where’d you go?”

Unexpected, the door was opened. She turned around, put her hope high that she would find him like before. She smiled but it was gone easily when she found that wasn’t Amber.

Victoria stood at the openly door. Looked at her, sympathized. She approached her best friend who was sitting down on the floor. It was looked like de ja vu for her.

“He has gone Krys.” Victoria whispered, brushed Krystal’s eyes, which was ruined by her tears. Hugged her.

“Where’d he go? You know where he is, right? Vic? You know where’d he go right?” she rattled off whatever was on her mind, still looked around. Didn’t know that she was looked really pathetic, asking like the lost daughter who couldn’t find her mother.

Victoria sighed and shook her head slowly. Hopelessly. “He didn’t tell me Krys. I’m sorry.”

Krystal broke the hug, stared blankly at Victoria. She didn’t know what to do anymore, unrealized, the tears was already flowing, again. She placed her hand , tried to endure the crying. Her shoulder trembled.

“Don’t hold the tears Krys. You can cry. I’m here.” Victoria said. Trying to comfort her.

Hearing that words. Instead felt comfort, she burst the tears. The cry was cracked louder. She remembered Amber. He said it when she had tried hard to hold the tears last night. Looked Krystal like that made Victoria slightly let her own tears, also, flowing.

 

An hour later after crying insanely, Krystal was little bit calm. She could manage her breath now. Victoria felt a little bit relieve. She walked to the kitchen. Left Krsytal. Krystal, who sat down on the couch, touched the surface. She recalled the moment when Amber started to talk about. She smiled bitter when she reminded all his answer, which she found the truth after. She memorized it as the sacred conversation between them and the sweetest truth behind it.      

“Much better?” Victoria asked after walked to kitchen. Handed her a cup of water, which was half broken. “I’m sorry. I can’t find the proper one.”

Krystal only nodded. She had known really well that there wasn’t another intact cup. Amber had told her before. She only brushed the cup and looked at it. Didn’t drink it. Then her eyes caught something on the table. The book. She was sure that the book wasn’t there before. She took it and opened it.

“Vic, I’m sorry. Could you leave me alone?” She said.

Victoria nodded, Understood, “Okay. I will pick you up after send my parents to airport.”

But before Victoria walked out, she said, “Your parents and he have called me since you disappeared.”

Krystal only nodded slowly. She left Krystal alone in that apartment.

 

Krystal started to look through the book.

She opened the first page, smiled.

It was Amber’s scrapbook. He managed their memories on it.

There was a picture when Krystal had been college. She knew that it had taken before she met amber.

There was s picture when they had first date.

There was a picture of them on bed. Amber kissed her on the forehead when she still slept.

There was a lot of photo from their past memories. Krystal remembered that Amber loved photograph.

 

She arched her eyebrows, found Amber’s hand writing. She had known, Amber didn’t like to write. There was written on March 20th 2015. It was the first time that Amber had found out the truth about her marriage.

 

March 20th 2015

I don’t know how to write. Honestly I never like writing. But, I don’t know anymore. I don’t have anyone to talk to even though with you, my dearest princess, Krystal Jung.

When I see the paper, my hands start to let out all the pain.

It can’t be vanished but I feel like I can talk to someone.

I really want to talk with you Krys.

What did I do wrong?

Why couldn’t they let us be together? Why?

Why did your mother say that?

When your mother said that I have to cut myself out from your life.

Feel such a pebble in your life.

It hurt me so much.

Why did they arrange this marriage?

You didn’t know, did you?

 

“I have known, Stupid.” Krystal said scarcely.

Imagined, Amber asked her directly through that scrapbook. Gave an answer. Thought, she had known about it since one month ago. But she couldn’t let him go. Faced the fact that she was fond of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter