Weekly Idol

Over and Under
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the days rolled by, so did the rumors of you and Jimin dating. He hadn't contacted you since you met him at MBC, but you didn't mind. Knowing how popular Bangtan was getting these days, Jimin probably had a packed schedule with no down time. And even if he did, it's not like he had to text you. He'd moved on with his life and so had you.

 

Today, you were at Weekly Idol, filming your group's very first episode there.

 

"Welcome to Weekly Idol!" MC Hyungdon announced, smiling wide. "Today we have with us YG's newest girl group, 5-Star!"

 

You all clapped, bowing for the camera. "Hello, we are 5-Star!"

 

The MC then asked for each of you to do your individual introductions.

 

"Hello, I'm Sujin, 5-Star's leader and main rapper," Sujin said, smiling to the camera. "5-Star is a hip-hop group full of many talents we're excited for the fans to see."

 

Haeri, Kira and Minah introduced themselves next and then it was you. You bowed, smiling sweetly to the camera. "Hello, I'm Hyejin, main dancer and visual. It's nice to get such warm welcome and praise so early in our debut."

 

Hyungdon smiled, clapping along with the members. "Hyejin, you are already known as one of the best idol dancers right now, if not the best. In order to validate this, we're going to test your dance skills."

 

You raised your eyebrows, eyeing them in surprise. "Really?"

 

"We're going to play random songs and you'll have to freestyle to them," Hyungdon continued. "Our team comprised a playlist of many different songs, so we'll truly be able to judge if you're the top idol dancer."

 

You grinned wide, lacing your hands under your chin. "Really? This sounds like a lot of fun!"

 

"Hyejin really has no shame when it comes to dancing," Minah explained, laughing as the MC's exchanged partially shocked looks. "I'm surprised, too. I've only really seen her do street type dance."

 

Street dance was your main specialty, but what kind of dancer would you be if that was all you knew? Even if you didn't professionally dance in other styles, that didn't mean you didn't dance them at all.

 

The first song played, which was a typical hip-hop song with a solid beat. You started out with popping, feet gliding across the floor. Of course, this was the one you were most confident in. The members and MC's were all in awe at your fluid dance moves.

 

And then suddenly the song halted and switched to a jazz song. You laughed, burying your face in your hands. You knew enough jazz dance to get by. When you were younger that was all your grandparents allowed you to listen to. You quickly switched to jazz dance, effortlessly moving to the music. Everyone was even more impressed.

 

Next up was a slow R&B song, which you danced to with body rolls, and smooth but precise movements. finally the mu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter