'V' is For Very Sorry

Over and Under
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5/27/15 [2958 w]

 

The thing about V was that there was no calculating his dependability. Sometimes he'd say he'd clean the bathroom, only to forget about it seconds later when he saw the TV was free. Other times, he'd clean the entire dorm spotless if it meant staying up until the crack of dawn just because he felt like it. That was just how V was. 

 

Which is exactly why Jimin was both surprised and unsurprised by the fact that he managed to get in touch with a 5-Star member only a few days after promising that he'd "fix things."

 

He wasn't surprised so much by the fact -- V attracted more female idols than any of the others. What he was surprised with, however, was V opening the bathroom door just seconds after Jimin stepped out of the shower, just to shove his phone in his face and leave a second later. "It's Minah, talk to her."

 

"Minah who?" Jimin said as he carefully wiped beads of shower water off of the phone screen with his towel. 

 

"Minah from 5STAR," V shouted back, not even bothering to explain himself. 

 

At this point, Jimin was too tired, too unsurprised to do anything but sigh and nod to himself. V meant well... probably. 

 

He hesitantly pressed the phone to his ear as he towel dried his hair. "Hello? This is Jimin."

 

"You have exactly ten seconds to explain why I should let you talk to Hyejin," a female voice replied, no room for anything but business. Jimin wished he at least had the time to prepare what he was going to say; it had been two seconds and she was already terrifying to talk to. Ironically, Minah was known as the "cutesy, funny" member. Little did they know... 

 

"Look, I know I screwed up," Jimin said, sighing as he tucked the phone between his face and shoulder. "Would you believe me if I said she caught me at a bad time? Because it was... a really bad time."

 

Jimin was never good with words -- it was a reason why Suga never let him chip in any lyrics on the album, even the ones he was sort of proud of. This was one of those times that fact became glaringly obvious. 

 

"You know, with the way Hyejin used to talk about you, even after you said all those things to her," Minah replied, voice winding up tight, "I expected a lot more out of you."

 

Jimin sighed, carding a hand through his damp locks. He didn't even realize you thought of him, let alone still spoke of him. He felt like crap. Even more than he already did. "You're right. I want to apologize to her... in person. She deserves it."

 

There was a beat of silence, the longest second or two of his life, probably. "Fine. We're going to be at MBC today for a performance. You're gonna be there, right?"

 

Jimin nodded, forgetting she couldn't see him. He coughed. "Yeah. We are."

 

"I'll call V when we get there," she replied. "Make sure this isn't a waste of all of our time, Jimin. I don't know if you realize this, but Hyejin's not as strong as she looks. You hurt her a lot when you saw her."

 

"She hurt me too," Jimin said, smiling bitterly. He didn't mean to sound so childish, but it came out before he could really think.

 

"Jimin," Minah replied, her voice finally softening up, as if a part of her was begging for him to understand. "I don't know much about your past, but I know for a fact Hyejin didn't ever want to hurt you. It was just how things worked out."

 

Jimin paused. His mind was struggling to understand what Minah was telling him, also struggling for a reply decent and honest enough to keep Minah's voice this calm. He decided to avoid it altogether. "How is she? Is she okay?"

 

"All I can say is she's been dancing nonstop since then," Minah said, sighing. "As her group member, I couldn't be happier. As her friend, it's... Well, you know how it goes."

 

Jimin laughed airily. If he weren't on the phone with Minah, he'd probably be doing the same: dancing until he was too tired to or until Rap Monster dragged him out of the room for a wink of rest (most likely the latter). While he could survive it most nights and carry on like usual the next day, he hated thinking of you in his place. Back in the day, it was you worrying about how much sleep he got. It was funny how much the roles reversed. 

 

"Well, I have practice in a few minutes," Jimin said, clearing his throat. "I'm sure you're busy too, so I'll let you go now. But thanks. I appreciate it."

 

"You can thank me when everything's fixed and Hyejin's finally getting sleep," Minah said, sighing. "I'll take care of her, just make sure you take care of yourself."

 

Jimin heard a loud pounding on the bathroom door, jolting him back to focus. He heard J-Hope and V's chatter from the other side of the door. 

 

"Hurry up!"

 

"Yeah, I'll try my best," Jimin rushed out, speaking into the phone. He threw his towel over his shoulder and smiled slightly. "See you later."

 

As he ended the call, and opened the door, it wasn't just V and J-Hope he saw waiting on the other side, but the rest of the group with expectant looks -- except for Suga, who couldn't look more disinterested than he did, but was still physically present, which meant something. 

 

"So..." V said, expression seeming to expect so much from him. "How'd it go? What'd she say?"

 

Jimin rolled his eyes, tossing V back his phone. 

 

"None of your business."

 

 

 

 

Your stylist frowned, brushing a large glob of some light skin colored cream under your eyes. "You know part of being the visual means actually taking care of your skin. A few hours of sleep every night never hurt anyone."

 

You hadn't even realized how sleep deprived you looked until she'd pointed it out. Yeah, with the amount of makeup you were wearing, you'd definitely come a long way from when you came in, but it was definitely not your best. Your stylist was a miracle worker. 

 

"Sorry," you mumbled, barely possessing the energy to look remotely sincere. "I'll definitely take your advice into consideration on the way back to the dorm."

 

Just as she finished the last pat of powder on your nose, Minah stormed into the room, running exceptionally well considering the fact that she was wearing eight-inch heels. You were still amazed you could dance in yours given the choreography. 

 

"Hyejin!" she screamed, wide smile plastered on her face. "Hurry and get up! Come on! Follow me!"

 

You raised an eyebrow. She was probably star struck f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter