Seeing Red

Over and Under
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Excerpt from a Bangtan Interview by the Star: 

[We asked each of the boys who each of their ideal types were embodied in a female celebrity. Suga named 2NE1 rapper and leader CL, Rap Monster said that he's a fan of Younha, V likes Girl's Day Hyeri, Jungkook named IU as the closest match to his ideal type, J-Hope and Jin both agreed that f(x)'s Krystal was theirs, and Jimin's ideal type is revealed to be YG's rookie group 5-Star's dancer/visual Hyejin.]

 

 

 

Mad wouldn't even begin to explain the feeling Jimin felt as he scrolled through the article. 

 

He was furious.

 

"Why would you even think it was okay to put her down as my ideal type?!" he said, not expecting his voice would come out so loud through the waiting room. Even the stylists were giving him looks now. He was too angry to think about that, right now. 

 

"That's what happen when you leave early for another photoshoot," V said casually, laughing about all of this as if Jimin wasn't searching for one reason not to kill him right then and then there. "But it's not like I was wrong. Hyejin is your ideal type. Don't worry. A lot of guys choose her as their ideal type."

 

Jimin was ready to explode before V could even finish his sentence. His feelings toward you were completely irrelevant in the situation. The fact of the matter was: you were his ex-girlfriend and you were in his past. He'd worked so hard at getting over you, and now he would always have this link to you, which was completely beyond his control. 

 

Why did V think it was okay to name the one person he shouldn't have?

 

 

"Relax, Jimin" Jin said, sighing. "You're making this out to be something bigger than it is. She probably won't even see it."

 

Jimin could feel himself shaking with anger. He ran a hand through his hair, angrily tugging a few locks as he marched out the door in heavy strides. He wasn't too sure where he was going, but all he knew was if he stayed in there any longer, with V laughing it off, with everyone downplaying the situation, he'd lose his sanity by the time he even made it to the stage. 

 

 

 

 

 

The news of Jimin naming you as his ideal type wouldn't have even reached you if it hadn't been for Minah's constant patrolling your group's fancafe on every minute of off time your group was given. Only hours after the interview was posted, there were already comments about it flooding your site. Male idols confessed to you all the time, but because Jimin and you were from the same area and went to the same high school, speculations were already being drawn that you two knew each other before debut. Naturally, dating rumors would be the first conclusion netizens would rush to draw. 

 

Even when you had the article right in front of your face, you could hardly comprehend any of what you were reading. It had been more than a year since you talked to Jimin, and with the way you'd left things off, it certainly didn't leave you any reason to think Jimin would talk to you again, let alone name you as his ideal type. You knew him well enough to know that he wouldn't do that.

 

"I have to talk to him," you said, getting up to your feet. You were in the waiting room of the MBC building, just having gotten done with a performance, when Minah stuck her iPad in your face, abruptly waking you from your nap. Now, the only thing left for you to do was find the answers you needed to make sense of the situation.  

 

"You sure that's a good idea?" Sujin asked, looking up from her book. She gave you a look, the kind of look that only a leader could give. "We're leaving as soon as Haeri finishes her solo stage with Taehyun. We're on a strict schedule."

 

Even though it had been more than a year since you'd talked to Jimin, and you weren't even sure if he wanted to talk to you or that you were ready to talk to him, you felt like you should at least try get some answers. If he was insensitive enough to name you as his ideal type without telling you, after all that you'd gone through together, the least he deserved was to give you answers. 

 

"I'll make it quick," you said, getting to your feet. Sujin gave you a look like she didn't quite believe you, but you didn't give her much time to disagree. You were already walking toward the door before she could fit in a warning.

 

The hallway was packed with managers, stylists, idols, and employees alike, so your quest to find Jimin with the time constraint seemed to be a lot harder than you expected. 

 

"Looking for Jimin?" a male voice said, breaking your concentration as you reached the end of the hall. You looked around and saw a familiar face hanging by one of the waiting room doors. You almost didn't recognize Jungkook with how much he'd matured in the past year. He looked so much older now. It was no wonder why he was the hearthrob of so many fans.

 

"Nice to see you too," you said, stopping beside him. "I'll catch up with you right after I pin down Jimin and knock some answers out of him."

 

"Nice to see you again, too," Jungkook replied, laughing a little. "I can point you in the right direction, but I should probably tell you he's in a really bad mood. Maybe you should try to talk to him another time."

 

You gave him a look. You dated Jimin for a year. Even if you hadn't seen him in the same amount of time, you knew him well enough to know how to handle him at his worst. "Thanks for the warning, but I think I'll take my chances."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter