I Love You

Coffee Shop

I carefully lifted her up and took Irene to the bedroom, I carried her bridal style and laid her down on the bed with extreme carefulness, the last thing I wanted was for her to wake up suddenly. I swear, I totally swear that I didn't want to do it. I really tried hard but seeing her so defenseless just laying there with the light seeping through the window pane, her plump red lips, her beautiful lips were so exposed, she had the calmest expression and I swear I didn't want to do it but before I noticed my body started to lean down by itself and I couldn't stop myself, to be honest, halfway, I didn't want to stop myself, and I felt the most powerful of jolts as my lips suddenly touched hers. I kissed her, her face still calm but somehow a small grin showed. I hoped she was doing that in her sleep. I also smiled. As I turned around to leave, Irene would come to prove me wrong, she grabbed my arm and opened her eyes just a bit, kinda like she was between sleep and awake, she looked at me.

"Stay here" She suddenly said. Her voice sweet and her eyes pleading.

Truthfully I didn't even have to ponder long enough to give her an answer. I simply laid down beside her. She grabbed my arm and put it around her waist. Looking deep into my eyes and I looking into hers. 

"Seul Gi" She called sweetly.

"Hum?"

"I love you" She suddenly said. My eyes widened and my heart beat as fast as it would ever beat during my lifetime.

I was surprised, it was not that her feelings were somehow unknown to me but I was surprised. To hear those words exiting those beautiful lips was perhaps one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen in my life and I knew that what I said was not the answer she was looking for, but I said it.

"You're beautiful"


She suddenly said to me. I chuckled, I seriously wasn't expecting her to answer that.

"When someone tells you they love you you are supposed to say you love them back" I said.

She looked deep into my eyes and smiled.
Suddenly pulling me closer by the waist, our faces inches apart. Seul Gi planted a kiss on my lips.
A long and sweet kiss. She was smiling under that kiss and so was I.
That long kiss sent the tightness in my heart miles away to the back of my mind. I was so happy right now.

"I love you too, I love you too much" She said as she looked at me.

"That's why you're real, I would never love an imaginary you..."

"I couldn't love an imaginary you" She suddenly said.

I smiled, I leaned my head against Seul Gi's chest as she embraced me.

I didn't see it but I knew that she was smiling.

I was smiling, my usual fool's smile, I couldn't help it. I was so happy right now.
And even though earlier I was worried that Irene hadn't told me everything about her, right now I couldn't care less about that.
I embraced her as if I was holding onto dear life.

"You're kind of squishing me" She whispered.

"Sorry" I let out.

"Can we stay like this?" She suddenly asked.

"As long as you like" I answered as I kissed the crown of her head.