First Name Basis

Coffee Shop

I'm glad she would never know, I'm glad she would never find out just how terribly fragile my heart really is...
I looked down to the wooden floor of my bedroom as a I sat on my bed.
Thinking about her was something my brain still hadn't impressively stopped doing, ever since I came back from the shop.
Even with the incident earlier, all I could think about was still her. I put a hand to my chest.
I could only hope that my fragile heart would hold on another day, to see her...
To see her playing that guitar, to see that look of focus and concentration as her beautiful slim fingers and fairy like hands work that guitar.
I hadn't even been paying attention to the novels I was reading, can you believe that? Me, who spends more time daydreaming about the world of fiction than the real world.
Because books were for me the way out that could never exist, books could always take me somewhere else, make me feel something else.
To be honest even I was surprised at the effect that this girl had on me, when I had that "conversation" with her...
I swear I feared for my small heart but to be honest I was calm and composed. I hope to see her again tomorrow. I'll open the door to the coffee shop even earlier!

Tomorrow would be another day. I thought as I poured some coffee into a mug, I went to my small office in my house, I sat behind the desk.
The desk was a mess, I had yet to finish writing all these songs and finish any lyrics at all. I took a sip of the coffee and looked at all the papers in front of me.
I suddenly remembered the taste of that coffee, of her coffee, I swear the taste is not the same, and it's not the type of coffee...
It's something else but I just can't explain it. I need to have more of that coffee, I need to see her again...
I looked at the mess in front of me...
Tomorrow I would wake up earlier!

I up the hill to the coffee shop, I opened the door and got inside, I the lights, I put the chairs down, I cleaned the tables the floor, the counter, the machines and even got some breakfast preparations going.
Even if I never had many clients some faithful customers still did show around. Like Taeyeon Unnie.
Speaking of the devil...

"Yah! You brat" She said as she came in through the door.

"Why are you calling me a brat first thing in the morning? Where are your manners?!" I said pretending to be surprised.

She looked down as if she was sorry.

"You know I was only kidding" She said as she pouted.

I pretended to be mad but I opened one eye to look at her before I burst into a laugh.
Taeyeon Unnie also started laughing.

"How are you today?" She asked as she put her hand on my shoulder.

I smiled brightly.

"Good" I said.

Suddenly looking over Taeyeon's shoulder I noticed someone coming in...

"And about to get better, you can get your things yourself Unnie you know your way around" I said as I walked past Taeyeon.

"Yah" Taeyeon let out but I wasn't paying attention to her anymore.

I walked over to the door and I stopped right in front of her.
It was her, she came...

"Is it closed still?" She let out with her perfect lips.

"No...not at all" I said as I looked into her eyes, as if I was gazing at a galaxy.

"Oh...can I...?" She asked shyly.

"Oh, yes, sure" I let out embarassed.

I got out of her way so she could sit in one of the tables. I couldn't stop looking at her.
Sooner rather than later other customers also came in. I managed to take care of everyone's orders with a bit of help from Taeyeon Unnie who soon left for her work.
She was still there, and today she brought the guitar again...I could see it.
I was happy, a smile was somehow showing across my face, most of the customers had left since the breakfast rush hour was over. It was pratically me and her. She got up and was walking towards the counter, I opened the book in front of me and pretending to be reading as I saw her coming.
She bent a bit over the counter and peered at me. I put down my book and looked at her, I showed her a bright smile.
She gave me a small bow and she looked a bit goofy to be honest. She looked somehow cute.

"Do you mind if I play? I know you said that...but...I don't wanna disturb the customers" 

"Oh, no, don't worry at all" I said.

She smiled.

"I'm sorry to be...but...what's your name?" She said.

"Ah, you can call me Irene, it's what everyone calls me" I said.

"Irene, that's quite a pretty name" She said.

"Ah, thank you. What about your name?" I asked boldly.

She looked at me. 

"Seul Gi" She let out.

"You have a pretty name yourself" I said as I fixed my glasses.

She gave me a slight bow before turning around and walking back to the corner of the shop.
She slowly took out her guitar and prepared to start playing.
I was getting to some customers when I finally started hearing, her beautiful fingers moving through those chords making the air, and my day, so much better.
I glanced over at the corner, she looked at me as she played and gave me a small smile.
I somehow smiled back. I got back behind the counter, finishing some chores. She was still playing.
She played for a while. I grabbed my book and I sat on the table directly in front of her.
She suddenly stopped.

"Why did you stop?" I asked.

"Why are you here?" She asked.

I was confused and looked at her.
I looked at the counter.

"Ah, don't worry, I just want to listen well" I said.

She looked at me and back at the guitar, she started playing again.
I swear I didn't even notice the time pass, with her playing and me reading.
Soon she was packing, she came up to me and smiled. Guitar on her back.

"Can you give me one of those coffees to go please" She said.

I got up. Looking at her.

"Sure" I answered.

I made it pretty fast.

"Bye...Irene" She said my name.

I swear I blushed a little when she did it, I noticed she was blushing herself.

"Goodbye, Seul Gi" I said sweetly as she left.

I could see the smile on her face. It was worth it...
Totally worth it.