001.

⚜ CSU Girl

“Let’s walk this way.” He stated as he walked ahead of his friend.  He took long strides, skipping steps as he went up the stairs.  "Ugh—but our class is in the other direction.” His friend whined behind him as he followed closely behind.  “Minseok-ah~! Seriously, we’re going to be late…this better not be because of your CSU [Centennial Student Union, it’s a building] girl.” He continued to complain before Minseok turned round and faced his friend. “Lu Han, we do this every day; we’re not going to be late.” He stated before turning around again.

Lu Han puffed loudly and muttered words about Minseok to annoy him.  “Just one glance, then we can head to class.” Minseok stated as he slowed his strides.  Even though he hasn’t seen her yet, his heart was already accelerating just thinking about her.

“—You know, this counts as a stalker.” Lu Han muttered under his breath.  “If you like her so much, why don’t you just go say hi to her, then maybe you guys can become friends and I wouldn’t have to come bail you out from jail when she files a report on you.” Lu Han stated before Minseok waved his suggestion away and grumbled, “You’re being too loud—plus, she’s not single, and it’ll only shatter my heart when I see her with whoever her ‘man’ is.” He stated before he walked into the open area.

Minseok straightened his back and adjusted his backpack straps, “let’s talk—act normal.” He slapped Lu Han across his chest before Lu Han winced, “We are talking, you .” He stated loud enough as they started walking down the hall of the student union.

“Ahhahaa, you’re so funny…” Minseok laughed nervously, “don’t call me that.” he hissed before swiftly turning his head to see if the girl had turned to look at them, but no.  She sat in a single couch by herself with her head phones in like every other day.  Her long fingers typing away about something unknown and her head bobbed lightly to the music she was listening to. 

Once in a while a small smile would appear on her face and Minseok's heart would weaken.  Today her hair was straighten; she was wearing a dressy shirt which was tucked into her blue jeans accompanied by black converses.  Minseok suddenly stopped in the hall, “She’s beautiful.” He whispered as he gaped at her.  “Look, her eyebrows are furrowing, I wonder what she’s thinking about.” He sighed, “when she runs her fingers through her hair then taps them on her keyboard…she’s frustrated.”

“—you’re being a creep right now.” Lu Han stated before pushing him towards her, “Go talk to her, dammit.” He exclaimed before Minseok caught himself from what would have been an embarrassing trip.  “You idiot! Are you crazy!?” Minseok swallowed hard before answering with a sigh, “…I can’t.”

“—okay. Now let’s go to class.” He grabbed the older one by his arms and jerked him forward, “Come on—stop staring at her, you look weird.” Lu Han stated before they made it to the other side of the room.  “Seriously!” Lu Han groaned, “Dude! We’re late!” He dashed down the stairs before Minseok sighed disappointed and followed after him.


“I’m hungry…” her friend grumbled before Soeun sighed, “Go eat then, Hye Su.  Stop starving yourself…you’re not going to get freshmen 15.”  Soeun stated as she set her laptop down on the table and pulled out one side of her earphones.  She stared at her friend who was lying on the couch mumbling inaudible words.  “Go eat, Hye Su, or do I have to go buy you something and forcefully feed you.” She stated before Hye Su sat up.  She frowned, “No…I’ll go get something to eat.” She puffed, “But I’m supposed to be losing this weight!” She shouted as she looked poked her small stomach fat.

Soeun sighed not wanting to argue back, “And that’s why we’re going to the gym today…it’s Thursday, pabo, did you forget?”  She stated, “Open gym night’s today.”  Hye Su huffed, “I hate sports…I hate running, I hate gym—”

“Then stop complaining about your tummy, idiot.” Soeun stopped her, “Go get something to eat…I’ll stay here and watch your things.” She stated before Hye Su grabbed her school card, “Kay…” she muttered quietly, “Did you want anything?” She stated before Soeun leaned forward and took out a small pack of fruit snack, “no…I’ll just eat this.” She smiled brightly before her friend scoffed, “yeah right! I’ll just bring some chopsticks for you so you can share with me.” Hye Su stated before leaving.

Soeun picked her laptop up from the table, putting her earphones back in and leaned back against the couch to continue writing her essay.  She finished a paragraph before sighing heavily.  What she hated most were transitions, especially into another paragraph.  Her fingers lightly tapped on the keyboard as she thought of what to write.

A loud voice distracted her and she looked up to see a guy hitting one of the exchange students across his chest.  They’re probably friends, she thought before sighing heavily and turning her attention back to her work.  Soeun groaned inwardly before furrowing her eyebrows.  It frustrated her that she can write such amazing essays with minor errors, but those errors always consisted of transitions.  Everyone in her class would have easily done well in that category, everyone but her.

She nibbled her lips softly and looked up, looking around the room for anything that could help her.  Soeun found herself looking at the two guys as they quickly walked to the side and down the stairs.  She muttered a few word before sighing as she leaned back against the couch and closed her eyes.

She let the calming of the guitar music take her away.  She needed a break from this essay, and she was so excited to go play volleyball at the open gym that night. 

“Soeun ~”

Tiredly, she opened her eyes and saw Hye Su skipping back to her.  Soeun’s eyebrows furrowed as she sat up straight, something happened.  “What’s wrong with you?” She asked as Hye Su sat down and smiled.  “What?” Soeun started, “Did you talk to your Yixing today?”

Her friend’s face brightened ten times, “How’d you know!?” She exclaimed before giggling childishly.  Soeun only shook her head before answering, “…lucky guess.”

“Ahh, yeah?” Hye Su smiled, “He invited me to go watch the guys play soccer today….at 7.” She stated as she opened up the take out box.  She handed Soeun a pair of wooden chopsticks before she started to stuff .

Dude! 7’s the open gym!” Soeun shouted before her friend continued to eat until was full then started pointing to telling her how she wasn’t able to speak.  Soeun cursed, “Yah! You said gym! Work out? Your tummy!?” She started listing off a bunch of her complaints before Hye Su pursed her lips after finishing her food.  “You said gym; you said work out; I said tummy.” Hye Su pouted before Soeun sighed, “I hate you.”

“—And I love you too!” she chuckled before Soeun took a bit of her food, “I hate you, Hye Su.” She grumbled before sighing in defeat, “—I’ll just go to open-”

“—I have to get to class; finish my food! Don’t waste my money!!” Hye Su quickly exclaimed before getting up, “Thank you for going to watch soccer with me!” She shouted and waved before running towards the stairs.  Soeun furrowed her brows, when did I agree… She thought before she remembered that she never did.  “YAH! HYE SU!” She shouted as she heard her friend’s laughter down the hall.  Soeun ran her fingers through her hair in frustration before taking in a long deep breath to calm herself down.  “This idiot…” she muttered before leaning back in the chair.

“Is anyone sitting here?”

Soeun looked up to see a couple pointing to the two person couch next to me.  She quickly shook her head and moved Hye Su’s left over’s to the side, “no, no one.” She stated before they sat down.  They were eating and talking, feeding each other and being incredibly lovey dovey.

Soeun rolled her eyes, seriously?  Not in public please. 

Quit being such an anti against couples, Soeun. You’re only jealous you don’t have anyone…even Hye Su managed to get someone though he is one of the exchange students from China.

Her conscious retorted to her before she put her head phones back in to drown everyone out. 

She started blankly at the screen in front of me.

Sometimes I wonder how long it'll be until I find that special someone.  Does a guy ever just walk down the CSU so he could catch a glimpse of me?  Do I look too uninviting for him to approach me?  Does he not say anything because of the ring on my finger?

She her lips and sighed. Sometimes I just wonder—

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? 

I just hate getting my hopes up.


“Minseok! Pass it!” Lu Han shouted before Minseok kicked the ball over to him.  Lu Han caught it with the side of his feet before setting it on the ground and doing a soccer trick.  Minseok shook his head and look around as some girls gathered to watch, “Stop showing off, Lu Han—anyone can do around the world, do something harder.” Minseok shouted before Lu Han shot him a quick glare.

Lu Han bounced the ball on his thigh twice before kicking it high and suddenly doing a backwards kick, sending the ball behind him.

You ! You could’ve done a sideways one and kicked it towards me—Watch out!!” he shouted as he watched the ball aiming right towards a girl making her way across the grass.

“!” He and Lu Han both cursed before running over, “Watch out!”

Soeun turned even though she knew they weren’t calling for her.  Her eyes widened when she saw a ball coming straight towards her and immediately she turned her head, lifting her arms over her head just as the ball hit her.

“Oh my gosh! I-we are so sorry!” The two guys ran over and bowed in front of her as she slowly put her arms down.  Her heart was beating quickly from the sudden rush of adrenaline.  She lifted her head to see them both coming up from the bow.

Soeun ran her fingers through her bangs and huffed.  “I’m so sorry.” The taller one stated, “I should’ve been looking.” He stated before she cocked my head.  Foreign Exchange?

“You’re a Chinese student, right?” She asked before he hesitantly nodded, “Yeah…I’m Lu Han.” He stated before she nodded, “Ohh… Soeun.” She smiled faintly before looking at his friend who went suddenly silent.  He was staring at her like there was something on her.  “Yah—” The Chinese student nudged his friend before his friend bowed down.  “I’m sorry.”

There was a look in his eyes when Soeun locked gazes with him.  She melted under his eyes.  His stare was soft; it made her feel safe and comfortable.  Her heart fluttered but she quickly regained herself.  Stop making fun of me.  She told herself, no one likes me.

“This is Kim Minseok.” Lu Han stated before he grabbed the soccer ball from the ground.  Minseok looked at Soeun and swallowed hard, “Hey—do you want to come watch us-”

“I have to meet someone in a bit…” Soeun muttered, “Be careful next time.” She stated before jogging off.

Lu Han looked at Minseok who went quiet.  “Dude, what’s your-”

“Soeun …that’s her…that’s the CSU girl.” Minseok muttered quietly before sighed, “She’s probably meeting her boyfriend…or something, I don’t know.” He said sadly.  Lu Han punched his arm, “how would you even know!?” He stated as they walked back to their bags.  Minseok sighed heavily, “She wears a ring on her left ring finger.”


“I hate you so much right now.” Soeun muttered as Hye Su continued to drag her down the hall, “oh shut up! Maybe he’ll have some cute friends for you to meet.” She stated.  “Oh my goodness, his Korean is so cute.  Sometimes he pronounces a word wrong and I can’t help but laugh because it’s just so adorable! And he has these cute deep dimples—gahh! He’ll make any girl swoon.” She sighed.

Soeun rolled her eyes, “Yay!” She dryly commented, “I’m so excited to meet him…”

Hye Su tsked as she opened the door to the gym and pinched Soeun’s arm, “Behave…don’t make me look dumb.” She stated before Soeun chuckled, “Cause that’s what I do best, you know.”

Yah-!”

“Hye Su…”

Both of the girls turned their heads.

“Wow…” Soeun muttered as Hye Su nodded, “I know…he’s better looking than me.” She muttered before smiling widely and leaving her behind to go talk to him.  She her lips, “Why did I even come if you’re just going to leave me?” She turned around and walked back to the door, ready to leave.

Soeun was about to open the door when the door suddenly swung open, causing her to stumbled back before her hit the ground.

“Soeun!”

Oh!

“Oww…” She muttered before suddenly lying down on the floor.  “Are you okay!?” Hye Su shouted as she ran back.  Soeun shook her head and groaned, “I might as well die.”

“Soeun —I’m sorry again! Oh my goodness!”

Her eyes shot open and saw Lu Han and Minseok staring down on her before Yixing came into her view.  She blinked a couple times before slowly getting up again.  “Are you alright?” She remembered the Chinese guy’s name before nodding, “Yeah, Lu Han, I’m okay.” She grunted before sitting straight.

“Gosh! You had me scared!” Hye Su shouted before she puffed.  Soeun pushed her away jokingly, “Go have fun, I’m okay…I guess I’m just stuck here until you leave then.” She stated before leaning against the wall.  Hye Su beamed quickly before looking at Yixing, “You should teach me some soccer stuff before you guys start playing.” She stated before those two left.

Minseok and Lu Han looked down at her, “Are you sure you’re okay?” Lu Han asked again before Soeun nodded, “I’m good.” She stated firmly before Lu Han sighed, “Alright then…sorry again.” He apologized before he pulled Minseok's arm away. 


Dude! Snap out of it.” Lu Han hissed before Minseok sighed heavily in frustration.  Lu Han muttered some curse words before pushing Minseok towards Soeun, “Go talk to her—I can’t deal with you right now.” He stated before walking away to get ready to play.

Minseok stumbled forward towards her.  Soeun immediately looked up, “wha—you okay?” She stuttered before Minseok’s heart throbbed to her soft voice.  He nodded quickly, “Yeah…I’m fine.”  He pointed to the empty area next to her, “Mid-mind if I sit?” he asked before she shook her head, “No…”

Minseok sighed relaxing himself just a bit before he sat next to her, “Umm, I’m sorry…about the soccer ball…and this door incident.” He stated quietly before Soeun just shook her head, “It’s fine, really…stop apologizing.” She turned and smiled at him before adding, “I’m sorry I had to cut you off and leave quickly.” She stated, referring to the soccer ball incident.

Minseok his lips, “No…it’s fine, you probably had to go meet someone important…like your boyfriend or something.” He replied back sadly before Soeun burst into a laughter, “Boyfriend!? Are you kidding me? I don’t have one…I had to meet that girl over there because she was so anxious to get here.”

Minseok’s heart fluttered as her sweet laugh filled his ears, no boyfriend?  “How is that possible…?” he thought out loud.

“How is what possible?” Soeun chuckled before Minseok answered absentmindedly, “You don’t have a boyfriend….”  Soeun smiled faintly and lifted her left hand up before wiggling her ring finger, “I think it’s because I have a ring…and guys think I’m taken.” She stated before sighing, “But I’ll just wait until someone has the courage to come ask me rather than assume something that’s false.”

There was a sudden pain ricochet through his heart.  She was using the ring as a test for the right man.  Minseok mentally cursed, I should’ve listened to him, dammit!

“Are you okay?” Soeun asked as he got really quiet.  She observed the sudden facial changes as he thought.  Minseok nodded quickly, “Heh…ye-yeah, perfect.” He muttered before leaning back against the gym wall.  “HEY MINSEOK! Get ready, you idiot!” Lu Han shouted from the middle of the gym, “We’re going to start soon!”

Soeun turned to him and lightly nudged his shoulders, causing him to flush red.  “Go play.” She stated with a smile before he could do nothing but nod and stumbled up.  Minseok turned back and look at her.  “Go.” She chuckled, “Stop worrying about me.” She stated.  Minseok sighed, “It’s not—I was just-”

“What?” Soeun cocked her head before lightly smirking playfully, “Don’t worry, Kim Minseok.  I’ll still be here when you guys are done playing soccer.” She chuckled as she noticed his cheeks turning a bright shade of red.  “Promise.” She smiled before Minseok only nodded and jogged off.

Soeun let out a long sigh before leaning back against the wall. 

When Minseok was sitting next to her, when she nudged his arm, when he spoke to her, her heart would thump a beat faster than before.  She kept her eyes on him as she watched him put his indoor shoes on and stretch.  He had an adorable smile that would show every time Lu Han or someone else would come up and talk to him. 

Soeun straightened when he turned and suddenly smiled at her before waving.  She gasped quietly as her heart fluttered against her chest.  There’s something about him—

No.

And just like that she pushed any feelings of him away from her.  Why? The thought of someone possibly liking her scared her a bit.  Even though she was waiting for the perfect man to show up, she was afraid to possibly fall for someone.  She liked keeping things close to her, keeping things private and secure, away from people who could possibly hurt her.

“Hey, Soeun?”

She looked up to see Hye Su smiling at her, “I’m going out with Yixing…he’ll probably drop me off at the dorms so you can leave if you want.” She blushed as she talked.  Soeun nodded, “Alright—I-I think I’ll leave after they play though.” She remembered her promise to Minseok before her friend nodded and walked towards Yixing.

Soeun was very into the game and 2 hours later, the guys had to stop to catch the bus back to their off campus house.  “You played well!” She sung happily as Minseok walked over, sweat dripping down his face.  Minseok quickly glanced at her and smiled before wiping the sweat off.  “I played better though, right?” Lu Han jumped and hung an arm around Minseok’s shoulders.  Soeun chuckled, “You both played well.” She decided to answer before Lu Han adorably pouted, “you’re a horrible liar.”

“Lu Han! Let’s go!” One of the other exchange students shouted before Lu Han nodded and waved his hands, “Okay, okay, I’m coming!” he replied before looking back at Minseok, “Daeryong’s calling me.” He gave a flirty smile and a girly wave before running off.  Soeun furrowed her brows and suddenly cringed, “Wh-what was that…?” She muttered before Minseok shook his head, “He’s just weird.”

She chuckled softly and nodded, “weird but cute.”

Minseok straightened and bit his lips.  He wanted her to call him that, cute.  He’d just fall over and die if she did.

“Are you going with them?” Soeun asked as they exited the building.  The other boys were heading towards the bus stop ahead of them.  Minseok shook his head, “No, some guys are sleeping over in the apartments, but I have early class tomorrow, so I’m staying on campus.” He replied back.

“You live on campus!?” Soeun exclaimed before covering , “…Umm..sorry.” She muttered as Minseok laughed at her reaction. “Yeah, I live on campus.  I live in Building M, Hall E, 4th floor.” Minseok stated before Soeun’s eyes widened, “What!? I never see you!” She stated as they walked towards that dorm building. “I live on the second floor.” She told him before Minseok couldn’t hide a smile, “Really!? That’s awesome! I can walk you back every day.” His comment slipped from his mouth.

“—I—wait, like you know…” . He mentally cursed before he heard Soeun’s soft voice.  “Oh no! It’s fine! I’d rather have someone to walk with especially if it’s at night…like today because Hye Su, my roommate, is always hanging out with Yixing.” She stated before his heart beat accelerated.  “Really?” Minseok stated surprised before Soeun nodded, “yeah, totally fine.” She chuckled before swiping her card to unlock the building doors.

Minseok and Soeun walked down the quiet halls together.  “Mmm…so, what’s you’re major?” Soeun asked quietly, trying to strike another conversation with him.  “I’m majoring in architecture, you?” He asked before she nodded, “I’m majoring in elementary education.” She stated with a warm smile.  Minseok chuckled, “I can imagine that.” He stated quietly before Soeun furrowed her brows, “Really?”

Minseok nodded, “Yeah, I mean, you’re pretty lively once I got you talking…and you’re childish and you’ll fit right in with the kids.  AND I don’t mean that in a bad way, it’s just—you’re cute.” He shrugged before Soeun’s heart fluttered lightly to his words.

Soeun hummed a reply as Minseok held the door open for her before following her up the stairs. 

“Hey—”

“Hey—”

They looked at each other before smiling off to the side in embarrassment, “you first.” Minseok replied, like a gentlemen.  Soeun blushed lightly, “Umm, just—thank you for walking me I guess.” She stated softly before Minseok nodded, “Any time…maybe we can do this more often now that we know we live in the same building.” He chuckled softly before turning and taking a step on the stairs.

“Hey—what were you going to say?” Soeun quickly stopped him before he turned around and smiled faintly, “…nothing, just…good night.” He muttered before she smiled back at him, “alright. Good night, Minseok.” She replied back before opening the door into her floor hallway.

Minseok sighed as he walked up the steps to the top floor of the building.  Goodnight was just half of what he actually wanted to say.

IDIOT! Why couldn’t you tell her!? He cursed at himself, beating himself for being so shy. 

He opened the door into his dorm room, dropping his bag on the ground before collapsing into the chair.  “You’re stupid, Minseok…very, very stupid.”


So like, I know you all hate me for ending it here, but I'll probably make this a super short story, a couple chapters long just so that they end up happily ever after, lol. I don't know when I'll be able to update this story again after this, so I'm letting you guys know now.

Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed it! Lol, I think I enjoyed XiuHan more in his oneshot than the really awkward XiuminxOC couple, pmsl. But anyways, yeeeah.

 

--miyoung