*EXTRA* Laystal

Into Their Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Of all the transfer students she's had to help, Yixing was no doubt the most difficult. 

 

Sure, he looked sweet. Hell, he had the most adorable dimple Soojung had ever seen in her life. He had a soft voice and he often wore a blank expression in class. Soojung thought he was just shy and tried to help him adjust to schoolife in Korea like she did with countless others. There was Zitao, who was really whiny, but settled down in time. There was also Amber, who came to school a raging alcoholic. By the time Soojung was done with her, she had Amber squeaky clean and co-captain of the basketball team.

It didn't take long for her to realize that it was all an act. 

Now, Soojung had dealt with her fair share of s. Being class rep, she had to discipline and chastise anyone who was stirring up trouble. Her stoic and cool way of handling things usually worked quite well for her. People were often stepping on eggshells around her, but in her defense, she didn't ask to be class rep. She had lost in a game of rock, paper, scissors. It wasn't her fault that she had probably the crappiest luck in the world. Even so, she did everything 100% and if that meant scaring her classmates, so be it. 

Zhang Yixing was a whole new level of difficult. 

"What do you want?" Yixing asked lazily as he took a drag from whatever he was smoking. 

"What I want is for you to put out your cigarette and go to class." Soojung glared at him. 

"This is a joint. It's , princess." His accent was pissing her off, partly because she found it, God forbid she admit it, adorable. Kind of like how she thought of Sehun's lisp.

She had noticed his absence from math and excused herself to go find him. Her math teacher was pretty okay with it, mostly because she kissed enough to get him to like her. She found him lying on the school roof, smoking with the wind blowing into his hair. She kicked him in the side, towering above him.

"Did you get that from Heechul? Is he dealing weed again?" Soojung recalled the senior who was busted a few weeks ago for drug dealing. 

"Chill, princess. It's just this one time." Yixing waved his hand dismissively.

"So? Who'd you get it from?" Soojung crossed her arms. 

"And why should I tell you?" he got up and blew out a puff of smoke.

"Because as class rep, I'm entitled to know why you're missing trigonometry for dope."

"Fine, class rep. I'll go to class if that'll get you off my case." Yixing stepped on his joint, crushing it with the heel of his shoe. 

"Good." Soojung let go of his tie as he dusted himself off. 

"You know." Yixing murmured as he tilted her chin upwards with his fingers, "For a girl like you, strawberry printed is a little unexpected. I would've thought... something more lacy and black." he smirked before leaving her standing on the roof, speechless and red to the face. 

***

"So? Did the class rep catch you? You should've just did what Luhan did and pretended that you couldn't speak Korean." Baekhyun grinned as she dragged Yixing over to his table in the cafeteria. 

"Too little, too late. I didn't even get to finish the high quality joint that Junmyeon got me." he grumbled as he plopped down in an empty seat. 

"Yeah, you should've savoured that. Last one." Junmyeon replied. 

"You know, I think Jung likes you. She cuts you a lot of slack. She's caught you skipping like ten times already she still didn't suspend you." Chanyeol said through a mouthful of bread. 

"Yeah. She just got me a week of detention. I think that was more of a personal issue though. Probably shouldn't have made out with Jinri in the infirmary." Jongin said thoughtfully.

"Probably shouldn't have dumped her a day later." Minseok pointed out. 

"In my defense, she was okay with it." Jongin declared. 

"Perks of being a transfer. Probably feels sorry for you since you're all alone in a foreign country." Sehun shrugged. 

"Maybe." Yixing said absentmindedly. 

He recalled the first time he met the snippy class rep. He had escaped to the roof to take a nap during a class. He had just fallen asleep when all of a sudden, he felt someone shaking him. He had opened his eyes in annoyance, only to be somewhat surprised and mildly pleased to wake up to the face of possibly the most enticing and beautiful girl he had ever laid eyes on. Her large eyes were looking down at him and her pink lips were pouted in curiousity and annoyance. Her long black hair framed her lovely oval face as she continued to shake him. After he had gotten up, she had immediately introduced herself and scolded him lightly for skipping class. Or at least that's what Yixing thought had happened because he had been too busy checking her out. Not only did she had a pretty face, her body didn't disappoint either. She was thin and slender, with long, slim legs that were, from what he could tell, smooth. He remembered that she wasn't wearing a blazer and was only in her white button up, which was a little tight, showing off her thin waistline. Her hair was shiny and hung just past her chest in a cascade of black. 

Needless to say, she was absolutely stunning. A true beauty. The kind that would turn heads in a crowd. 

Thus began their bickering relationship. He would skip class; she would find him and berate him. It felt weird to say that pissing her off was fun and part of the reason he skipped, but it was true. He could feel himself snickering under his breath whenever she placed her hands on her hips and knit her brows together while reprimanded him for missing class. It was fun. 

"So? Can you buy me lunch or not?" 

Yixing blinked, only to see Zitao staring at him, waiting for a response. 

"No." 

"Wrong answer." Zitao motioned at the other guys. 

Jongdae and Sehun held down his arms while Minseok and Kyungsoo stepped hard on his feet. Jongin's hand reached into his jeans pocket to fish out three crumpled bills. Zitao rolled his eyes, but said that would do before disappearing to go buy lunch. Laughter howled through their table as they let go of the stunned Yixing. 

"You guys all ." Yixing replied, but smiled. 

***

"Wow, you look like you're in a y mood." Amber remarked as a sour faced Soojung sat down in her seat around the table. 

"When am I not?" she hissed back, rattling her lunch tray. 

"Yixing's being an again. Him and his douchebag friends, especially Jongin." Jinri rolled her eyes.

"Nobody told you to get freaky with him in the nurse's office." Song Qian reminded her.

"I know, but he's just... so yummy and hot." Jinri her lips. 

"Yummy?" Sunyoung raised an eyebrow and made a face.

Jinri stuck out her tongue in reponse.

Soojung was in deep thought as she picked up her chopsticks. Yixing would probably skip next class as well; geography. To be honest, Soojung would skip the tedious subject if it weren't for her perfectionism. Then again, she kind of hoped he would skip. That way, she could use him as an excuse to get out of class, saying that she had to go look for him. Maybe grab a juicebox from the vending machine and relax a bit. 

She shook her head. This was really unlike her. The desire to skip class? Who was she?

"Are you having a seizure?" Amber patted her on the back as she noticed Soojung shaking her head. 

"No... I just thought about skipping class." she replied sheepishly. 

The response was extremely and annoyingly dramatic. Amber dropped her fork, the metal clanging loudly. Song Qian gasped and covered . Jinri slapped a hand onto Soojung's forehead, asking if she was sick while Sunyoung shook her head in mock disbelief. 

"You guys are the worst." Soojung said, but she was laughing. 

***

"How did you find me?" Yixing asked with his eyes closed as he lay on the roof; his favourite getaway spot. He had heard the door creak open and within a few moments, Soojung was standing a few meters away from him instead of coming over to kick him like she usually did. He noticed that she was flattening her skirt constantly; she was self-conscious because of the previous incident and it was probably also why she was standing so far from him. He smirked.

Soojung remembered the first time she found him lying on the roof. It was warmer at the time, so she found him with the first couple of buttons on his shirt open, revealing the cleft of his toned chest. He had been smiling in his sleep, his dimple showing. Soojung didn't understand. How could facial muscle deformity be so attactive? Jinri also had a dimple, but it wasn't nearly as prominent as Yixing's. It was embarrassing to admit and she sometimes wondered if something was wrong with her, but she sometimes felt the urge to poke his dimple. Just a bit.

And there he was, lying on the roof, dimpling once again. 

"You think I'm stupid? You always come here." Soojung replied in a smart tone. 

"I guess so." Yixing was too relaxed to make a snarky remark. 

"What? No weed today?" 

"Lucky for you, I'm quitting." Yixing wasn't hooked, so there really wasn't much of a difference in his life. 

"Oh really?" she smirked. 

"Believe what you want, princess." he replied as his tie flapped in the wind. 

"You know what class you're skipping right now?" Soojung tucked her hair behind her ears.

"Science?" Yixing answered without thinking.

"Wrong. History." 

"They're basically the same thing."

"Which proves that you should definetely be coming to class. Get up." Soojung kicked him in the shin lightly. 

Soojung was mildly surprised when she saw him listen to her and sit up for once. However, it really did seem too good to be true as he grabbed her wrist and pulled her her down and pinned her to the ground. She snarled and tried to kick him, but he locked her legs together with his own. He squeezed her wrists painfully and she winced, but didn't break eye contact with the scarily passive and calm boy hovering above her. He was cutting off her circulation, but his face was peaceful and smooth.

"What the hell are you doing?" she hissed.

"You're so ing annoying. Can't you just leave me alone? What makes you think that you can get me to change and start going to class?" Yixing curled his lip into a nasty scowl. 

He hoped that he made it clear that he wasn't planning on changing. He hoped she would just give up on him, like everybody else had.

To his surprise, Soojung simply glared right back at him, eyes hard and lips pursed into a thin line as she struggled against his grip.

"Are you asking me to give up? I don't do that easily. What kind of class rep would I be if I gave up to easily? Forget it, you . Jung Soojung does not give up. I will make you come to class if it's the last thing I do at this blasted school." Soojung snapped at him, words filled with venom. 

They stared at each other for several moments before Yixing climbed off of her, ruffling his hair.

"Sorry. I kind of... got carried away." he muttered.

"It's okay." Soojung replied briskly as she sat on her knees and dusted off her skirt.  "Let's go." 

Soojung grabbed his wrist to pull him up, but instead she was pulled down once more; only this time he placed her head in his lap. 

"Since you're stubborn and I see no way out, I'll stop skipping. Next week. Since you're making me stop, you're going to take responsibility and skip this class with me. Don't try to run." Yixing said calmly.

"You ing-" 

"Loosen up. Take a nap. You're too uptight, Jung. Relax a bit."

Soojung huffed, but directed her gaze towards the blue sky. Puffy white clouds floated across the celestial sphere as the soft breeze blew across her body. Needless to say, Yixing was right. This really did feel good. 

"Whoa! You see that cloud? It looks like a horse!" Yixing suddenly said excitedly. 

Soojung looked up at him. His eyes were animated and he was genuinly smiling, his dimple appearing on his cheek. He looked like a child, innocent and pure; the snarky jerk gone. Without thinking, she reached out and gently pressed her index finger into his dimple. His head jerked down to look at her with curious eyes. It took Soojung a second to snap back into reality and withdraw her hand.

"U-uh... I-I'm so sorry, I d-don't know-"

"It's okay. I'm not going to eat you. Just relax." Yixing smiled as he noticed her red cheeks.

Soojung closed her eyes, embarrassed to the core. She just poked his dimple. What on earth was she thinking? Nobody does that. Completely humiliated, she squeezed her eyelids together as tight as she could and covered her face. Yixing chuckled at her childish actions, finding it utterly amusing. Soojung didn't know when exactly she fell asleep, but she did.

When Soojung stopped squirming, Yixing looked down to see that she had fallen asleep. Her shoulders moved up and down at a constant, steady pace and after a few light pokes, he was sure that she was out cold. Stray strands of hair fell over her pale face and Yixing reached for them, carefully tucking them behind her ear. She stirred and made a small sound, but did not wake. Carefully, Yixing grazed her cheek with the back of his index finger, marveling at how soft she was. He'd never really had direct contact with a girl and he never knew just how fragile and dainty they were. She seemed so small, curled in his lap like a cat. As he leaned back on the palms on his hands, he noticed how her skirt was riding up her leg, revealing her slim thighs. He exhaled sharply as he felt heat creeping onto his cheeks as he noticed just how much skin she was showing. If he leaned over a bit, he was sure that he would be able to see up her skirt. 

God Yixing. When did you become a ert?

He shrugged off his blazer and gently lay it over her slender body, in hopes to calm down his raging teenage horomones. It helped, but not by much. Yixing was still new to the concept of girls, unlike Jongin. You could plunk Jongin into the uterus of any woman and he could find his way out in a blink of an eye. Yixing could not for the life of him understand why his sister ed everytime she was visited by the so called Lucifer's Waterfall and other unpleasant names to describe what was in fact her period. Angry, graphic texts would flood his phone and Yixing would always have to tell his sister that he didn't need to know. Yes, Yixing did go to health class, but they only covered male anatomy and dabbled a bit on females. All he knew for sure were that they had s, went through the bloody crimson war once a month and were far more complicated than males, both physically and emotionally. And there, with her head quite literally on his crotch, was the mystery creature that he seemed to know so little about. Yixing bit his lip so hard that the metallic taste of blood spread over his tongue. He scrunched his nose at the rusty taste. He continued to look at Soojung, perplexed by her beauty even in sleep. If she was still awake, it would've been extremely embarrassing for Yixing because he was almost drooling on her. 

"Mmph." Soojung smacked her lips. 

"Are you awake?" Yixing whispered softly. 

"Stop it." she drawled. 

Yixing attention shot straight to the placement of his hands. Thankfully, he wasn't touching her. 

"No. Thats mine." Soojung continued to warble out nonsense. 

Yixing sat as still as he could. Soojung adjust her head on his leg and that's when he realized his leg went numb, the tingling-of-a-thousand needles feeling shooting down his left leg. 

"Put that down, you son of a . That's mine." 

Yixing was genuinly impressed. Even when she was unconscious, she still cursed like a sailor; experienced and tongue bitingly intimidating. 

"You can't eat it. That's mine." Soojung smacked her lips and sighed. 

Yixing was somewhat baffled in Soojung's change of character. Who knew that the dictator like class rep talked in her sleep and dreamed about food? Regardless, he needed to do something to distract himself. Honestly, he was this close to losing himself to his animalistic instincts and jumping her. He fished his phone out of his pocket and shoved his earbuds into his head, letting the music take over. 

When the bell sounded signaling the start of the final class of the day, Soojung stirred awake, eyelids fluttering open. 

"Hm?" she grunted as she sat up, a heavy piece of clothing falling off her shoulders. It was a blazer. Yixing's blazer, to be exact.

"Congratulations, Jung. You just skipped you're very first class." Yixing said proudly as he massaged his leg with a fisted hand. 

"What?" Soojung was still confused as to what was going on.

"You're drooling." he pointed. 

Soojung's hand immediately flew up to her face, only to feel that it was dry. She glared at a laughing Yixing. 

"Well, hope you enjoyed your nap." he got up and was gone within a split second. 

Soojung got up and stretched. She then noticed that she still had Yixing's blazer clutched in her hands. A warm breeze blew across her face as she looked down at the scenary below. Trees swayed with the wind and she saw school children running up and down the street in laughter. She smiled. 

Soojung never thought that skipping could feel so good. 

***

As the bell finally chimed after a grueling and physically painful class of chemistry, Soojung trudged out of the classroom. Yixing's blazer was folded very neatly in her hands as she darted outside to find him. It was difficult since she didn't know where to find him. He could be with his friends; hopefully not, since they're a rather tedious bunch. Jongin had used the clueless and ditzy Jinri for his own gain and that placed his name in the section of Soojung's brain labeled People Whose Eyeballs To Personally Scoop Out With A Spoon. Sehun was placed under erted and Bratty. Zitao was Whiny and y. Chanyeol was loud. Baekhyun was even louder. Jongdae was too mischievous and too much of a jokester, never taking things seriously. Junmyeon was just... complicated and annoying. To be honest, only Minseok was the only somewhat tolerable one in the group, although he still boiled Soojung's blood as well. He was the kid who didn't do anything too extravagant, but went along and laughed with those who did. 

Finally, Soojung's eyes located Yixing's wind swept black hair. She tried to catch up to him, but was too slow and ended up going after him on the busy streets of Seoul. She called his name repeatedly, but he didn't look back or achknowledge her. She wondered if her was being rude or if he simply didn't hear. She yelled his name once more, so loud that the elderly lady walking in front Yixing turned around and gave her quizzical look. Soojung curled her lip and wondered if he was deliberately ignoring her. Did he have earbuds in? He turned a corner and entered the premises of a small building. Soojugn trailed behind him, watching to see if he was at home. The building didn't look like an apartment; more like a public facility. It had a playground, a sandbox, paper flowers peeping from behind the windows, toddlers laughing and running around. That's when she realized it was a daycare. Why was Zhang Yixing, of all people, at a daycare? 

"Hello! Are you looking for someone?" 

Soojung looked up to see a woman walking towards her with a toddler at her heels. The woman was older was drop dead beautiful. Despite being clothed in simple jeans, a form fitting t shirt and a stained blue apron, she exuded a mature and attractive quality that made you instantly envious, like you wanted to be her friend. Her shiny hair was tied in a loose ponytail and she had large intelligent eyes surrounded by long lashes. Her full lips were coated in a thin layer of gloss and were pulled into a smile to reveal her pearly whites. Soojung immediately felt shy. 

"Oh, um... Hi. I'm looking for a Zhang Yixing? I just need to return something that belongs to him." Soojung was surprised she managed to say that without stuttering. 

"Oh my. Are you his girlfriend maybe?" the woman grinned knowingly at her. 

"No, oh no! Nothing like that." Soojung flushed. 

"Well, he's a keeper, that's for sure. My husband and I run this daycare and he often comes over to help with the children. He's devoted and the kids adore him." the woman bent down to pat the head of the little girl tugging on her apron. Soojung's mouth dropped open. She thought she was a college student. She was already married?

"I see." was all Soojung could say. She never realized that Yixing had such a sensitive caring side. It was... weird. Like that time her sister didn't rat her out for breaking her mother's favourite vase and instead helped cover for her. 

"Oh! Silly me! I didn't even introduce myself. I'm Hyori. Lee Hyori." she grabbed Soojung's hand and gave it a few hearty shakes. 

"I'm Soojung. Jung Soojung." 

"You go to the same school as Yixing, correct? The school uniforms are the same." Hyori remarked. 

"Yes. I'm a second year." Soojung found herself smiling. 

"You must be popular at school! I remember my high school days. I wish I could go back. Growing old ." she made a face. 

"You don't seem old at all! I thought you were in college or something." Soojung shook her head in disbelief. 

"Wow! I got to tell you, that's the best thing you can possibly say to a woman whose nearly 40." Hyori giggled and winked. 

"You're almost 40?!" Soojung asked, her voice rising. No way in hell this goddess was almost 40. 

"Yup. I'm 36." she replied. 

"That's ridiculous!" Soojung's nearly dropped Yixing's blazer. Hyori only laughed in response. 

"Mrs. Lee?" Yixing stepped out, clothed in a similar blue apron slathered with old paint stains. The little girl hobbled over to Yixing and he swept her up, adjusting the pink ribbon in her hair.

"Hey! How many times have I told you to call me Hyori? Mrs makes me sound old, you brat!" Hyori barked at the him. 

"The piano's a bit out of tune when I tried to play it for the kids and-" 

Yixing cut himself off when he saw Soojung standing in front of Hyori. Why was she here? 

"You're so mean, Xingxing! How could you not tell your dear boss that you have a girlfriend?" Hyori hollered and made kissy faces. 

"No, I'm just here to give him his blazer!" Soojung shouted profusely, her cheeks pink.

"I'm just gonna give you kids some privacy. Take all the time you need." Hyori pummeled Yixing in the shoulder before taking the child in his arms and disappearing into the building. 

"So, how'd you find me?" Yixing went over to Soojung, who was still standing outside of the gate leading into the school grounds. He opened the gate and motioned her to come in. She did so, biting her lip. 

"I was planning on giving it to you after school, but you left. I saw you and called you like a million times, but you didn't answer, so I followed you here." Soojung explained defensively. What if he thought she was a stalker?

"Oh. I was listening to music. I thought you were stalking me." he smirked and crossed his arms. Bingo. He saw Soojung's cheeks turn a magnificent shade of red as frustration flashed in her eyes. 

"Don't thinks of highly of yourself. Take your stupid coat!" Soojung snapped and ed the piece of clothing at him, ready to storm off.

"Thanks, I guess." Yixing smiled, amused by her flustered expression. 

"Ah, Soojung! What are you doing here?" Soojung turned her head to see Jinri coming down the street. 

"Crap! I need to go!" Yixing hissed and dashed into the building. 

"Oh, Jinri! What are you doing here?" Soojung asked as she was pulled into a hug. Jinri was the type who liked to hug as a way to say hello and goodbye instead of waving or a simple greeting. 

"I'm picking up San Yi from daycare. I should be asking why you're here." Jinri giggled. 

"Oh, uh... I just happened to pass by and I met the person who ran the daycare." Soojung babbled, hoping her excuse sounded somewhat plausible. 

"You mean Hyori? Or did you meet Sangsoon?" 

"Sangsoon?" 

"Then you must've met Hyori. Sangsoon's her husband. But honestly, couldn't you just die? Hyori seriously gives me self-esteem issues, like she is gorgeous." Jinri gushed. Soojung bobbed her head, nodding. 

"So it's just them two? Nobody else... helps out around here?" Soojung wondered if Jinri knew Yixing worked here. 

"Hm... I did hear San Yi talk about someone before. He called him Xing. I honestly thought it was really weird and asked him why. San Yi said everyone called him that or Xingxing. I asked if he knew his real name, but San Yi didn't know." Jinri shrugged. 

"Weird." was all Soojung managed to say.

"Ah, San Yi!" Jinri waved and squealed as Hyori lead a quiet doll faced boy with Jinri's eyes towards them. Jinri doted on San Yi so much it was ridiculous, although Soojung couldn't blame her. San Yi was the epitome of adorable. To be honest, all the Choi siblings had killer genes and Soojung even remembered crushing on one of Jinri's older brothers in middle school. 

"I'll text you!" Jinri called over her shoulder as she lead a now bouncy San Yi down the road. Soojung waved in response. 

Soojung spun around to see Yixing motioning her to go over to him through one of the windows. 

"Is she gone yet?" Yixing whispered. 

"She can't hear you. She's gone." Soojung rolled her eyes. 

Relief washed over Yixing's face and he smiled. "Thank goodness." 

"To be honest, I didn't know you liked kids." Soojung said thoughtfully as she looked around the room.

It was a small rectangular room playfully decorated. There were shoe cubbies lined up on one side of the room and the walls were neatly decorated with the art work of the children. Paper sunflowers were taped to the sky blue walls, rising up from the ground in stalks. Rows of small tabled lined with small plastic chairs made up half of the room. A large rug with toys scattered all over it made up the other half. An old wooden piano sat in the corner, by one of the windows. Paper balls and airplanes of all colours hung down from the ceiling. Soojung wished she went to daycare here. Born in San Francisco, she only went to daycare and half of elementary school before moving back to Seoul. She didn't remember her childhood days at all, only able to recall certain events vaguely. 

"I do. They're trusting and they're pure. Yet to be introduced to the ugly reality which is life and our society." Yixing said, hints of venom in his voice. He assembled the remaining ten children onto the rug as he himself sat behind the piano. Hyori was outside talking to parents who were coming to pick up they're kids. 

"Alright, everyone! We're going to learn a new song today!" Yixing said, his voice bright and unlike his usual dull tone. The children smiled and cheered in approval as Soojung hung back and watched somewhat awkwardly. 

"One, two, three!" Yixing counted off before launcing into a melodious piece, sounding familiar. 

It didn't take long for Soojung to recognize it as Hey Butterfly. It was one of her favourite children's song when she was a kid. Almost every single Korean child in the country knew it. Some of the kids started singing almost immdiately while other sort of just swayed along. Yixing himself then joined in. Soojung was in awe of his singing voice and how warm it was. She started humming along, smiling. 

Yixing noticed Soojung rocking on the balls of her feet, pretty pink lips pulled upwards into a smile. He made eye contact with her and nodded, trying to get her to sing. She seemed to have gotten the message as she pointed to herself and mouthed me? He nodded vigourisly, almost messing up the piece. She bit her lip in hesitation, but nonetheless, opened and started to sing. Yixing nearly stopped playing as he heard her voice. She usually sounded so firm when speaking to him, voice somewhat intimidating and hard. Her singing voice was an entirely different story. A beautiful story. Her voice was soft and light as she sang. The kids started to crowd around her and some even reached out to touch her and take her hands. She smiled happily and started to sing louder and fuller. He could see that the kids adored her as they pulled her down and she started laughing. The song ended and Soojung was busy laughing and talking with the children, enjoying herself. This was the first time he'd ever seen her laugh genuinely. 

He didn't think he could ever forget. 

"Xing. Whose that?" five year old Eunyoung came over and tugged on his shirt. He patted her on the head. 

"An enigma." Yixing murmured. Eunyoung cocked her head in confusion before sauntering off to join the rest of her classmates. 

***

"Ah . It's raining." Yixing cursed as he stepped outside. All the children left and Hyori had left as well, asking Yixing to close up for him. Soojung ended up spending the afternoon helping out, enjoying the time. 

"I have an umbrella. It pays to be prepared." Soojung said smugly as she dug out a purple umbrella from her book bag. 

Yixing scowled. The stiff and insufferable part of her brain had switched on, replacing her previous happy and enjoyable mode. 

"." Yixing put his backpack over his head and stepped out into the rain, ready to run. Just as he was about to take the first step, a purple screen soared over his head and he looked back to see Soojung on her tippy toes, holding the umbrella over his head the best she could. 

"I know I'm pretty y, but I'm not so cruel that I would let you walk home in the rain. If you got sick, it would only give you another excuse to not come to school." she rolled her eyes and grinned. 

"I see." Yixing said as he grabbed the umbrella and held it up so Soojung could shuffle in next to him. 

"Where do you live?" Soojung asked to fill the awkward silence. 

"Ah, I'm supposed to meet up with a friend at the cafe around the corner." Yixing lied. He heard from Jongin that the dicator princess lived in the luxury apartment complexes in the city, which was only a ten minute walk from the daycare. He himself lived maybe a twenty minute walk away if he dawdled and was in the complete opposite direction of Soojung's place. He knew that she would force him to take her umbrella if she knew he lived further away (he saw her miss the bus once to help an old lady who fell over), and he couldn't bear to imagine her running home in the rain. 

"Oh. I see. Well let's get going then." Soojung said quietly as they walked together in silence. The rain was starting to pour heavier by the minute and by the time they arrived at the cafe, Soojung's shoes were squishy with water. She was surprised that the rest of her remained dry though. She thought her umbrella would be too small for that. 

"Thanks." Yixing said as he handed her the umbrella and stepped into the cafe. 

Soojung's eyes followed him and she noticed how weird his blazer looked. Then it hit her. The right sleeve was a darker shade of blue and wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter