Sesul

Into Their Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sesul fic, as requested by @LuRongLu 

***

"Jinri, are you sure you can handle the rest?" 

"Yes, I'm already 21. I'm pretty sure I can move some boxes without supervision. Plus, you and dad already set up the couch and the bed. I can clean out some boxes on my own. You underestimate me." 

"Yeah, can't believe you're already 21 and in university."

"Aw, Please don't get all sappy and cry." 

"Oh shut up. We're leaving now. Dad's already waiting in the car."

"Say hi to mom and San Yi for me."

The two siblings hugged and soon, Jinri was left alone. She was both nervous and thrilled at finally entering the Adult World on her own. She was attending Seoul University of Performing Arts. Instead of staying at the dorm, her brother arranged for Jinri to live at a nearby apartment building because according the him, "I can't have my baby sister living in a place where refrigerators are glued shut and ketchup is put into the washing machines."

Alright. Time to get to work.

Jinri rolled up her sleeves and got to work. She unboxed all her clothes, cooking utensils, school supplies and bathroom supplies. She set up her desk and plugged in her trusty laptop. After roughly three hours, she was settled. The only thing left was a bag she didn't remember bringing. She opened it to discover her mother's homemade rice cakes with a note taped on the container.  

Jinri,
These are for the neighbours. Make sure to greet them properly!
We will miss you. Come back and visit often!

Love, Mom 

Jinri smiled, missing her mother already. Might as well go meet the neighbours right now. She looked at herself in the mirror. She wasn't wearing any makeup and she was wearing her worn out gray track suit. Not such a great impression. She changed into a crisp white form fitting t-shirt, skinny jeans that showed off her long legs and her black converse. To finish off, she put on a light touch of make up and tied her hair up in a youthful messy bun. She smiled as she glanced in the mirror one last time before going out, rice cakes in hand. 

Where should I go first?

She lived at the very edge of the building, so she started going to each room one by one. She knocked on the first door politely. No answer. She knocked a second time. Still no answer. She moved on to the second door. A pretty girl with a stylish bob cut and front bangs answers.

"Oh! Hello! Are you the new neighbour replacing Mr. Hwang?" the girl smiled.

"Yes. My name is Choi Jinri. Nice to meet you." Jinri bowed and offered the girl some rice cakes. The girl gratefully accepted.

"I'm Park Sunyoung. Did you just move in today?"

"Yep. I will be attending the nearby university." 

"Seoul University of Performing Arts? I go there!" Sunyoung beamed.

"Wow! We'll be seeing each other a lot then!" Jinri liked this girl. She seemed nice. 

"Seems like it. I hope we can be good friends." Sunyoung winked at Jinri. 

"Same here! See you around." Jinri smiled. 

"See you!"

The other neighbours were also quite nice. There were a few newlyweds and old ladies who insisted on giving Jinri some food. Soon, Jinri had run out of rice cakes and instead had an armful of different foods like kimchi and moon cakes. 

Oh well. Time to go home. It's almost dinner.

***

Sehun woke up with a major hangover. He sat up, groggy and vaguely aware that he wasn't in his own apartment. He looked down to see a girl sleeping soundly next to him. 

. Who is this girl?

He remembered going clubbing with Jongin and Chanyeol. And that there was alcohol. Lots of it. The girl he had hooked up with was pretty hot. He couldn't remember her name though. He just remembered her leading him to the back alley, where they made out for about ten minutes before she took him back to her apartment. She was older than he was. She had told him to call her noona, so that tipped him off. 

Sehun threw on his clothes and scribbled a note using a pencil stub and an old receipt he found in the girl's room. 

Thanks. I had fun.

He placed the note carefully on the nightstand, threw his jacket over his shoulder and quietly left her place. Where the was he? He his phone, which was at 48%. Pretty good. It was already noon. He his GPS. He was pretty close to his apartment; fifteen minute walk. Except he didn't want to walk. He punched Jongin's number into his keypad. 

"Hello?" Jongin's sleepy came from the other end of the phone.

"Where are you?"

"At home. What do you want?"

"Come pick me up."

"What the ? No. I'm seriously hung over."

"Going clubbing was your ing idea, wad. I was going take my bike down, but it was also you who suggested you pick me up."

"Fine, fine. Where are you?" 

Sehun told him where he was and within ten minutes, Jongin's black Kia came into sight. Sehun climbed into the car.

"You got lucky?" Jongin smirked. 

"Shut up."

"You don't sleep around that much. What happened?"

"I like to respect your title as Certified Professional ."

"That's sweet. you." Jongin scowled. 

The two were silent for a bit. Sehun didn't sleep around that much. An occaisonal drunken mistake every now and then was it. Jongin was more experienced in that sense. He didn't always sleep with the girl. It depended on his mood, but needless to say that he knew his way with women. 

"So? What happened afterwards?" Sehun asked.

"Chanyeol had to leave because he heard Dara was back in town. I swore I saw Soojung there, but I couldn't make sure. I ended up just getting really drunk and passing out in the dumpster out back. Woke up early in the morning and drove home without a problem. I only ran one red light." Jongin looked proud of himself. 

"Jung Soojung? The Jung Soojung? I doubt it."

"Hey, man. Everyone's got secrets. Just because she's the perfect student on campus doesn't mean she is off. She literally has no friends, being the Ice Princess she is. She's hot though." 

Jung Soojung was the campus princess. Attractive and accomplished, she was loved by the teachers and admired by many. But she was often a subject to frequent bullying, since other girls were insanely jealous of her. No use sticking up for her either. She was strong in that sense. 

"Didn't she reject you?"

"It can still happen, Sehun."

"Don't tell me you actually like her."

Jongin said nothing, eyes focused on the road.

", man! You actually do?" Sehun gaped at Jongin as they pulled up in front of Sehun's place. 

"Get the hell out of my car." Jongin rolled his eyes. Sehun punched him on the shoulder and made his way back to the apartment. He unlocked the door and slammed it behind him. The apartment wasn't too filthy yet. Kyungsoo had just cleaned it for him two days ago. He headed straight for his bedroom and threw himself onto his bed. His room was pretty much a dump. Clothes littered the floor and the stupid hole in the wall still wasn't fixed. It was big enough for Sehun to crawl through, though he never bothered. Mr. Hwang next door was a crabby, fat, old man who smelled like garlic and ginger. Sehun stayed away from him as much he could. He had placed a wooden door over the hole. It didn't block out Mr. Hwang's annoying old crappy music, but it did block out spiders.

Sehun closed his eyes, but his eyes popped open when he suddenly heard humming and singing coming from somewhere. The voice belonged to a girl and was soft and sweet. Sehun sat up and followed the voice. He was positive that he wasn't playing music and he sure as hell never heard Mr. Hwang play this sort of music, if he ever played music at all. Did Mr. Hwang have a granddaughter? Sehun located the hole in the wall behind a chair piled high with clothes. He pushed it out of the way and removed the wooden board. The singing was more audible. Sehun got on all fours and crawled through the tiny space.

"Ow! !" He had hit his head on the other end. The barrier swayed and wobbled a bit. Sehun reached out and gently pushed the barrier to the side. What he saw was a room filled with boxes. The singing stopped and he he heard footsteps. 

Jinri thought she had heard a noise in her room when she was in the kitchen, organizing all the food she had received. She picks up one of the frying pans her mother gave her and tip toes into her bed room. The boxes are still intact. The only thing that was new was the giant hole in the wall. How did she not notice it before? She saw that the full length mirror had moved. Maybe the hole was behind it, but that was beyond the point. Who moved it? And that's when she saw it. A tuft of black hair sticking out from the gaping space. Jinri approached the opening, frying pan raised over her hair. She bent down and came face to face with with possibly the most beautiful boy she had ever seen in her life. 

"Don't hit me!" The boy raised his hands to cover his face.

"Who... are you?" Jinri asked tentatively. The boy crawled out of the space and dusted himself off.

"I'm Sehun. Oh Sehun."

"And may I ask why you're in my apartment?" 

"Uh... Oh, um... I heard something. I thought maybe there was something wrong with Mr. Hwang." Sehun managed to make up a somewhat decent excuse.

"Well, Mr. Hwang no longer lives here. I'm the new tenant, Choi Jinri." 

Sehun looked at her. She was very attractive. Just as beautiful as Jung Soojung, but in a different way. While Soojung was a more fierce and mature sort of beautiful, Jinri was a more delicate and soft type of beautiful. Pale skin, pouty lips and almond shaped eyes, she was Sehun's type. 

"Well, nice to meet you, Choi Jinri." 

Jinri didn't like how he was looking at her, like he was a hungry wolf and she was a large chunk of meat. She saw his eyes travel down her body.

"Hey! My face is up here!" she snapped. 

No girl has ever snapped like that to Sehun when he checked them out, even though most of the time he was very subtle when he did. Even if they did notice him doing so, they would be very flattered, not snippy and rude.

"Aren't you younger than me?" Sehun asked suspiciously.

"And why would I tell you that?" Jinri scoffed. 

"No reason. You must be positive that you're older than me if you're speaking to me in that tone." Sehun returned her glare.

"For your information, it doesn't matter whether I'm older than you or not. If I see you looking at me in a way that I don't appreciate, I will call you out on it." Jinri crossed her arms. 

"If you say so." Sehun rolled his eyes as he went back on all fours and crawled back to his room. This girl was different. She was brave. She was snippy. 

She was interesting.

***

Jinri was tired, so she made kimchi fried rice using the kimchi she received from the neighbours. She had taken enough food from home to last her a week before she would have to go shopping. 

Sehun, on the other side of the wall, had settled for instant ramen, despite all of Kyungsoo's lecturing on how harmful it was. After it finished cooking, he brought it to his room, where he ate it while browsing on his labtop. While eating, he heard the ringtone of a cellphone. It wasn't his. Ah, it was probably the neighbour girl's. 

"Oh, hi oppa." 

Sehun set down his noodles to move closer to the wall so he could here the conversation clearly.

"I'm doing okay. I'm really tired... Mhm, yeah I already ate... No, I'm not eating junk food. Tell mom not to worry.... Yeah.... Okay... Yeah, the neighbours are all nice people... No, there aren't any erts around... Oppa, I told you! I'm already 21! My birthday was last week! Stop treating me like a child!"

Sehun could hear their conversation loud and clear. She was taking to her brother and she was indeed older than him. He was still twenty and his birthday was in about two weeks. She was less than one month older than him. 

"Yeah, yeah, okay... Can you put San Yi on the phone? Okay, I won't go out after dark! Just put San Yi on the phone!"

Who was San Yi?

"San Yi! Do you miss me? Do you miss your sister?... Aw, you're so sweet! When I come back to visit, I'll make sure to buy you lots of toys!... Do you want anything?... A race car? If you're good, I'll buy it for you, okay? Mhm... Yes... You're close! I'm going to Seoul University of Performing Arts, not Seoul Universe of Art... Really? That sounds nice! Okay, can you go give to phone to mom?..."

Sehun stopped eavesdropping. The two would be going to the same university, same campus. He's going to be seeing her a lot.

He couldn't decide whether or not it was a bad thing.

***

Jinri woke up bright and early. It was her first day of her new life. She quickly washed up and began to choose her outfit of the day. Did she want to go elegant? Hipster? Cool? After cooking up several ideas in her head, she went with her usual; fresh and natural. She had washed her hair last night, so it was fluffy and soft, thus she left it the way it was, other than brushing it several times. She throws on a white sundress with black and pink floral designs, that cuts a bit above her knees. It hugs her curves enough to make her curvy, but it's loose enough so it looks casual. She puts on a light blue cardigan because the news said that there would be a mild chill in the air. She has two options for baggage: her giant beige bucket purse or her giant white satchel bag. After looking at both of them for quite some time, she gave up, closed her eyes and spun around in a circle, and ended up choosing the beige bucket purse. She shoved all her belongings into the bag, had a slice of bread and was out the door. She saved herself enough time to stop at the nearby coffee shop. 

"Oh hey! Choi Jinri, am I right?" 

Sunyoung was in line at the same coffee shop when she spotted Jinri coming in. 

"Oh, good morning! Sunyoung, right?" Jinri went to line up with her. Although she was happy that she came across someone she knew, she dreaded the awkwardness that would follow since they didn't know each other. Except it didn't. Sunyoung was incredibly sweet, positive and bubbly. Jinri found herself laughing and talking along with her. Sunyoung informed her of all the nearby shops and restaurants and both of them also had similar tastes in music. Jinri was quite content. The two were soon out the door, coffees in hand, on their way to campus. They soon arrived. The campus was enormous, with people entering and exiting the building all over the place. One person, however, captured Jinri's attention.  

"Whose that?" Jinri asked Sunyoung curiously. She had never seen someone who had such a... confident aura.

"Oh, that's Jung Soojung. She's really famous here. She's really pretty, has really good grades and can sing and dance. The teachers really like her and lots of guys go after her. Girls bully her though. I tried sticking up for her once, but she just yelled at me to leave her alone. She seems lonely, but I don't know how to befriend her." Sunyoung sipped her coffee. 

"I don't know. You're pretty persuasive." Jinri smiled at her.

Jinri's day was pretty mellow in general. Nothing too eventful. Before she knew it, lunch rolled around and she texted Sunyoung to meet her for lunch. They had exchanged phone numbers back at the coffee shop. Sunyoung met her at one of the outdoor benches, linking arms with what looked like her boyfriend.

"Jinri! Hi! This is Amber!" Sunyoung gestured at the guy beside her. 

"Hey, nice to meet you." the guy's voice was higher than what Jinri expected and his Korean had a small faint accent. A foreigner?

"Boyfriend?" Jinri whispered into Sunyoung's ear when Amber had left for a brief moment to go to the nearby water fountain. Sunyoung stared at Jinri for a moment before bursting out in howls of laughter. 

"What?" Jinri asked nervously. 

"Amber is a girl, silly!" Sunyoung wiped her eyes. 

"That's right. 100% female." Amber said as she came back. Jinri flushed.

"I-I'm really sorry!" Jinri apologized repeatedly. Amber laughed.

"No worries. It's cool. I get that a lot. Go figure." Amber smiled crookedly, flipping her hair. Now that Jinri got a closer look, she could see that Amber did indeed possess feminine qualities: large eyes surrounded by long eyelashes and full lips. The only makeup she wore was a faint bit of eyeliner. She was rather pretty in a an unconventional sort of way. So to sum it up, Amber was aesthetically pleasing to look at.

Sunyoung seemed to know a great deal about everyone who attended the university. During lunch, she would chirp about the people who passed by, not in a negative way. Just stating somethings she knew about them. Jinri's head was swimming with people profiles.

Lee Seunghyun: Was once caught watching in class and is basically just an attractive, smooth talking idiot

Kim Kibum: A very independant and sassy individual; heavily into fashion and has a more unique and singular sense of style

Bae Suji: Popular and girlfriend of one of the accomplished drama students, Lee Minho

Kim Myungsoo: Rumored to be dating star student Lee Ji Eun and very good looking

Henry Lau: Crazy talented in singing, dancing and could play a million instruments, such as the violin and the piano. Object of Amber's affection

Kim Hyuna: Wild, y and intimidating. Throws the craziest blowout parties

Park Chorong: Vocalist and a black belt in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter