Kailli

Into Their Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kailli was literally requested by a million ppl (a bunch of my friends who don't have AFF also requested it and I'm probably going to get my kicked if it ), so I'm gonna try not to disappoint... Surprisingly, there were several people who requested I put in this fic. I was not born to write and I literally cannot, but I'll try... 

***

Jongin could see the way Jinri looked at Sehun. The way she would blush whenever he came into the room. The way her face would fall whenever he would join hands with Soojung on the way home. 

The four of them grew up with each other, sticking together through thick and thin. Jinri was the sweet one. Soojung was the ice princess. Sehun was flower boy. Jongin was the uncaring bad boy. Throughout elementary, middle and now, highschool, the four were always seen together. Jongin had grown accustomed to the numerous rumors that flew around about them. Being popular wasn't easy. Jongin's shoe locker would always be stuffed with love letters. Valentines Day was the worst. Sehun, being the cheeky brat he was, would compete to see who got more letters and notes on a daily basis. Sometimes Jongin won. Sometimes he lost. There was even that time when they tied.

Elementary school wasn't too difficult. Nobody knew what love was. Middle school was the awkward phase when people started to figure it out. High school was downright annoying. The girls were like moths, clinging to him desperately. Even the flamboyant Sehun soon grew weary of his popularity. 

One of the perks of being popular was their obvious social superiority above the other boys. That came into play when Jinri and Soojung blossomed into pretty young women. Boys at school admired them and pursued them relentlessly. Sehun and Jongin were their obstacles. The two were fiercely protective of the girls. Jongin had once received a letter of challenge from a boy who was after Soojung. He had been skeptical of the letter, wondering if it was a joke. It turned out it wasn't. Jongin had found the boy hassling Soojung on the way home. He was a weak coward and it only took one swift punch to the stomach for him to run off and leave her alone. Thus the rumor spread that the two were dating. Jongin really didn't care to set the record straight. As long as Jinri knew the truth, that was all that mattered.

It never occured to Jongin that Sehun and Soojung would fall in love. They bickered and argued constantly while Jinri and Jongin watched their humorous interactions. So when they announced that they were dating, Jongin was shocked to some extent, but he wasn't affected as much as Jinri. Sehun was her first love and still is. Soojung was her best friend. Jongin tried to put himself in her shoes, imagining that Sehun had liked Jinri instead. 

It hurt. 

The news spread like wildfire through their high school. Both boys and girls were devastated at the news, with Jinri being the saddest of them all.  Jongin wasn't stupid. He knew of Jinri's unrequited love for Sehun. She never said anything about it to anyone, not even Soojung.

But Jongin could tell. 

He and Jinri were close. They grew up together, so it was a given. Then, when Soojung and Sehun started dating, they grew a lot closer. Jinri no longer felt the need to hide her feelings and Jongin became her shoulder to lean on. She confided in him about all her pain and feelings and Jongin tried his best to lift her spirits, even though listening to her unrequited love for another dragged his own spirit down into the dumps. 

"You must be bored, having to listen to me all day." Jinri said one day as they were sitting in the cafeteria. Soojung and Sehun were off on a lunch date. 

"No, I like spending time with you. If I didn't, why would I have stuck around all these years?" Jongin replied, taking a bite out of his sandwich as Jinri opened her lunch box to reveal japchae. 

"Want some?" Jinri asked as she took a bite. She held up her chopsticks for him to take. Jongin opened his mouth. 

"Feed me." 

"People are watching." Jinri flushed  and bit her lip. 

"So?" Jongin his lips.

"Fine." 

Jinri could feel the eyes of all the people in the cafeteria on her as she fed Jongin, but he didn't seem fazed at all, so she attempted to appear the same. 

"Auntie's food is always so spicy." Jongin noted as he continued to eat his sandwich. 

"You like spicy food, so that shouldn't be a problem." Jinri replied briskly. 

"Guess not." Jongin chuckled. 

Jinri's face suddenly fell, her eyes downcast. Jongin looked up to see Sehun and Soojung sautering towards them, hands interlocked. Soojung plopped down next to Jinri and Sehun put an arm around Soojung. Jinri deflated. 

"You guys want to go to karaoke after school?" Soojung chirped. 

"Sure." Jinri said and smiled weakly. 

Jongin simply nodded. Truthfully, he wanted to go home and take a long nap, but he couldn't bear to leave Jinri on her own with the two love birds. He knew that Jinri was trying hard not to let the relationship get to her. He knew that she was trying to appear as cheerful as always so Soojung and Sehun wouldn't notice, but she could never fool Jongin. 

Jinri sighed. She absolutely adored Soojung. After all, she was her best friend and was always there for her. When Choi Minho cheated on her, it was Soojung who cussed him off and told Kwon Yuri, the sweet oblivious girl who had no idea that he was two timing her, that he was gay. She dumped him and started dating some baseball player who was in university. It was also Soojung who consoled her when she cried. Whenever Jinri was in trouble, Soojung would be right by her side. 

So she should be happy that Soojung was happily in love. Even if her boyfriend was the one whom Jinri loved as well. After all Soojung had done for her, giving up her love for Sehun was the least she could do. 

"I thought we were going on a date after school." Sehun's voice broke through Jinri's thoughts. 

"You're such an idiot. We just went on a lunch date for a reason." Soojung snapped. 

"That's what it was?" Sehun's lisp was hopelessly endearing to Jinri.

"Yeah! I want to hang out with Jinri and Jongin." Soojung pouted as she hugged Jinri and smiled. Jinri squeezed her back. 

"Girls." Sehun rolled his eyes as he loosened his tie. Jongin chuckled in response, running a hand through his dark hair. 

The rest of the day flew by with nothing too eventful to mention. As the final bell of the day rang, Jongin made his way to his locker to grab his bags. As he opened it, a piece of paper fluttered out. He picked it up and read it without interest. It was a love letter detailing this particular girl's undying love for Jongin and asked to meet him by the school gate to hear his answer to her confession. Jongin sighed and scrunched up the letter, tossing it carelessly into the trash can as he left the school building. Soojung and Sehun were waiting for him by the school entrance. He didn't see Jinri, but he did see a girl standing by the gate; his admirer. 

"Jongin! Wait!" 

He turned around to see Jinri running towards him. 

"Where were you?" 

"Some guy from class D confessed to me. I rejected him and he got kind of clingy." Jinri said, blowing a piece of stray hair out of the way. 

"Who was it?" Jongin asked. 

"Hm? I'm not too sure. I think his name was Cheol-yong." Jinri replied, her thinking face on. 

"Gym bag?" Jongin asked, motioning at the purple sports bag on her shoulder.

"I gotta take it home and wash it." Jinri explained

"Alright, let's go." 

The girl waiting for him walked towards him, face bright red. Jinri noticed. 

"Hey, Jongin. I think that girl wants to confess to you." she whispered. 

"Ugh, what a pain in the ." Jongin muttered. He didn't want to make another girl cry. It made him uncomfortable and sometimes, they would throw themselves at him. It was very unpleasant. 

"Well, go on." Jinri nudged him foward. 

Instead of going towards the girl, Jongin put his arm around Jinri's shoulder. She tried to shake him off, but his grip was iron on her arm. The girl stopped in her tracks, looking very embarrassed. 

"What are you doing?" Jinri hissed in his ear. 

"Just go with it." Jongin whispered and then out of nowhere, kissed her on the cheek.

With that, the girl ran away, presumably in tears. 

"You're such a jerk!" Jinri pried his hand off her shoulder and whacked him with her book bag. 

"Ow!" Jongin exclaimed. 

"So what were you guys doing?" Soojung asked, a devious smile creeping onto lips.

"Yeah, what were you guys doing?" Sehun wiggled his eyebrows, a cheeky grin plastered all over his face.

"Jongin's a complete ! He used me as a tool to reject that poor girl!" Jinri pummeled him in the shoulder. 

"Dude, that's genius! You're finally following my wise teachings." Sehun smacked him playfully on the back, "I'm so proud." 

"Oh Sehun..." Soojung cautioned. 

"Er- I mean, Jongin, man that is not cool." Sehun sputtered. 

"Man, I guess we all know who really has the balls in this relationship." Jongin laughed as Sehun blushed. 

"Oh, don't listen to him, Sehun. You've got balls." Soojung winked at her boyfried. 

Jongin gagged and laughed at the obvious innuendo, but Jinri remained silent. He looked at her to see that her ears were bright red. Sehun and Soojung spotted the karaoke bar and ran ahead, leaving the two on their own. 

"Hey. You going to be okay?" Jongin placed a hand tentatively on her shoulder. 

"Yeah. Just... stay with me." Jinri said as she feebly took his hand. 

Holding hands between the four of them was normal, although Sehun and Jongin never did. It didn't mean they were dating. It was just a natural occurence. Sometimes they would link arms while walking down the street. Sometimes it was Jinri and Jongin. Other times Soojung and Jongin. Jinri and Sehun sometimes linked arms and skipped down the street, while Jongin watched in jealousy. Now that Sehun and Soojung were an item, they were strictly devoted to each other, although she would still be quite close and chummy with Jinri. 

The karaoke bar was noisy, filled with high school students, as well as university and college students. Sehun booked a room and soon, the four were settled. Soojung flipped through the book, trying to coax Sehun into singing a duet with her. However, every single person in that room knew that Sehun couldn't sing to save a life, although his rapping was quite good. Jongin was told that he could sing rather well, but his true passion lay in dancing. He was part of a dance studio downtown and was currently leading a class of amateur dancers with Taemin. 

"Fine. if you won't sing, then I'll sing with Jinri!" Soojung stuck her nose in the air as she grabbed a mic and handed another to Jinri. 

"Are you serious? This song is so... old." Sehun remarked as the intro of S.E.S's Friend came blasting through the speakers. Soojung ignored him and began to sing, dancing along to the song. 

Jongin watched Jinri, swaying to the music and smiling, although the smile is somewhat bittersweet. He couldn't blame her, since Sehun's gaze was focused intently on his girlfriend. Soojung was a good vocalist, possessing a light and vivid voice. Her singing also had a very slight nasally quality that only made her singing all the more interesting and unique. Jinri's singing was what Jongin sat up for. Although not powerful, her voice was sweet and endearing. It reminded him of a soft cool breeze on a hot day. He absolutely relished in hearing her sing. The song soon ended and Soojung urged the boys to sing. The two finally settled on a song that was mostly rap, courtesy of Sehun's inability to sing. 

With Jongin's goofy dance moves, coupled along with Sehun's, the tension in the room soon lifted and Jinri found herself smiling genuinly for the first time that day. She could tell that Jongin was doing his utmost best to cheer her up and she was grateful for it. Without telling anyone, Sehun secretly texted his and Jongin's other friends to come meet up with them while Soojung texted her and Jinri's. 

"You ers have some nerve to be partying here and not invite us." 

The door slammed open as Jongdae, Chanyeol, Minseok, and Yixing filed in. 

"You rang?" Sunyoung beamed as she, Song Qian and Amber came in. 

The room was soon a hectic mess. Sunyoung and Jongdae were pulling high notes in a powerful duet while Yixing and Song Qian were babbling in half Korean and half Chinese. Minseok was ordering food and drinks with Jongin, while Chanyeol was chatting with Jinri. Amber and Soojung were pelting Sehun with jelly beans that Sunyoung had brought. 

"Where's Baek?" Jongin asked, eyes searching the menu for chicken. 

"Out with his girlfriend." Minseok replied. 

"I thought he and Taeyeon broke up." 

"They did. They're back together again." 

"That's like the third time in two months." Jongin couldn't blame the girlfriend. Baekhyun was a bit of an immature .

"They've been going through a rough patch, I guess." Minseok shrugged.

"Any news from Zitao?" 

"Nah, not since he Skyped us from California. I think his leg is getting better, but I'm not entirely sure his dad  will let him come back to Korea. Zitao said it was a miracle that his dad even let him transfer to a school in another country. I really don't know if he'll come back. The car accident was no joke." 

"Maybe. He took it really hard when Yi Fan and Luhan transferred back to China." 

"Sehun took it the hardest." Minseok pointed out. 

"Don't remind me. He was a blubbering mess for weeks." 

"And Junmeyon? I thought he would turn up today." Jongin noticed his absence. 

"Part time job." was Minseok's simple reply.

"Why the hell is he working? His monthly allowance could pay my rent and he has a ing black card." 

"He said something about wanting to 'try to make it on his own with out using his parents's money ' or something." 

"I'm actually not going to call bull on that one." Jongin nodded. Junmyeon was one of the most responsible people he knew. 

"So do you think I should get two servings of meat buns or three?" Minseok changed the subject over to food. 

"I honestly don't care, as long as I get my two servings of fried chicken." Jongin shrugged. 

"I'll get three." Minseok decided, then passed the menu over to the others so they could decide what they wanted. 

The food arrived quickly and was devoured even quicker. The time seemed to fly by and soon, it was already past nine. Chanyeol had already taken off, followed by Amber. Out of nowhere, Sehun approached Jongin.

"Look, man, I gotta run." he whispered hastily. 

"Why?" Jongin asked, puzzled. Sehun was never one to leave a party first. 

"Soojung and I... have plans." Sehun said sheepishly. 

"You horndog." Jongin raised his eyebrows and smirked.

"Yeah, yeah. I know. Here's mine and Soojung's share for tonight. See you." Sehun shoved a wad of bills at Jongin and disappeared out the door within seconds. 

"Jongin! Did you see Soojung?" Jinri tapped him on the shoulder from behind. Jongin grimaced, not wanting to tell her the truth. 

"She and Sehun left." he replied shortly. She seemed to have gotten the point because she bit the inside of her cheek and furrowed her eyebrows. 

"Oh." 

Jongdae got up and clapped his hands together. 

"Well, it's been a great night, but I've gotta take off." he announced ae he tossed some money onto the table to pay for his share of the food. The rest collectively did the same and before they knew it, only Jongin and Jinri were left in a messy room filled with plates and cups, as well as a pile of cash and coins of the table. 

"Well, we should count the money." Jinri sat down and began to leaf through the bills and pushing the pile of coins at Jongin. Math wasn't his strong suit, but he might as well try. 

"Wow. There's ₩23 440.34 left. Did they leave this much money on purpose?" Jinri handed the left over money over to Jongin as she grabbed a handful of coins and cash to go pay out front. Minutes later, she came back. 

"Jongin. Let's drink." she said suddenly. 

"What? We're underage. It wouldn't be right." Jongin had absolutely no right to penalize her, to be honest. Him and Sehun had done their fair share of underage drinking. He wasn't hooked on alcohol or anything like that. Just an occaisonal beer or bottle of soju, but needless to say he would get his kicked if his parents found out he had tried drinking after moving into the city. 

"Please? Oh please! I want to get over Sehun and I don't know how and I'm so pissed and just, I can't! Please, just a little bit!" Jinri whined, pouting her lips.

Jongin was a complete er when she did that. 

"Is soju okay?" 

***

Jongin was careful not to drink too much. Jinri, on the other hand, had already gone through one bottle like it was child's play and was halfway through  a second bottle. Jongin snatched the third unopened bottle from her and put it beside him, out of her reach. She ranted on and on about how happy she was for Soojung and all, but she still hurt everytime she saw her being close with Sehun. Jongin listened to her, nodding and mhming every now and then. 

"I don't even know why I love him. He's rude and childish, but I just get so nervous around him. I'm so lonely." Jinri sighed. 

"Look, you're drunk and all, but I assure you, I will never leave you." Jongin smiled as she hiccuped in response. 

"Really?" Jinri downed the last bit of soju straight from the bottle. 

"I promise." 

Jinri suddenly grabbed his entire face between her hands, cupping his cheeks as she stared into his eyes. Then, she mashed right on Jongin's. His brain couldn't even register what was going on as Jinri kissed him messily. He tumbled backwards and she climbed on top of him, her lips never leaving his. 

"What are you doing?" he panted as she began to kiss his neck. 

Jinri stopped and hovered above him. Jongin felt a wet sensation on his cheek and looked up to see Jinri crying, her tears falling like raindrops. 

"Please, Jongin. I'm so lonely! You said you wouldn't leave me no matter what. I need you. I want you." she sobbed. 

Jongin knew that she didn't mean it. She only said those words out of pain and desperation for love. The alcohol played a part as well; she reeked of soju. He knew that he shouldn't believe her and her drunken misconceptions and desires. But he did. The minute she said that she wanted him, he melted, craving for more. 

"Just give me one second."

Jongin sat up and popped open the last bottle of soju, downing half the bottle in one swig. He knew that his conscious would eventually kick in if he continued on without alcohol and from past experience, he was dreadful at holding his liquor, one bottle enough to get him drunk.

So naturally, he drank the entire damn thing, mind spinning afterwards.

After miraculously remembering to pay, Jongin and Jinri stumbled out onto the streets, the night sky hanging over their heads. Somehow, they managed to find a hotel and book a room. Jongin was losing his mind minute by minute and as soon as their hotel room door slammed shut, he and Jinri collided, lips devouring each other, swallowing up every low moan and whimper. Fumbling through the dark, Jongin's fingers stuggled to her shirt. Jinri giggled and decided to do it herself while Jongin tore off his blazer. She grabbed his tie and pulled him into another rough kiss, coaxing him out of his shirt. Her elegant fingers traveled over his torso, tracing the planes of his body. Jongin's hands couldn't resist exploring the beautiful curves

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter