Kaistal Tribute

Into Their Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Man, am I late. I only found out about Kaistal today

KAISTAL SET SAIL SOMEONE PUNCH ME IN THE ING FACE BECAUSE I'M SO ING HAPPY AND I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE ITS REAL ASDFGHJKL

So here's a one shot dedicated to the best couple of the year. And all the years after that.

Enjoy,

Sora

BREAKING: EXO's Kai and f(x)'s Krystal confirmed to be dating by DISPATCH

SM Entertainment confirms EXO's Kai and f(x)'s Krystal are in a relationship

Kaistal not an April Fool's Day spoof: SM Entertainment confirms relationship

DISPATCH drops photo evidence of EXO's Kai and f(x)'s Krystal's relationship

***

Soojung flopped onto her purple bed with a fwomp, tossing her phone carelessly onto the carpet floor. She couldn't even think straight anymore.

Its been two days since her and Jongin's relationship news was exploited to the rest of the world. It was all the media outlets talk about and her Instagram's been bombarded with comments. Even her fellow members' social medias have been subjected to the Kaistal craze. She did think the name was pretty cute.

When she was first alerted of the news, she immediately went online and punched her name into the search engine. Sure enough, Dispatch had done it again. Pictures of her and Jongin leaving the seafood restaurant they ate at were everywhere. Although it was true they didn't really try to disguise themselves (after all, a pair of glasses and a cap can't really be called a disguise), Soojung felt exposed. Maybe they should've worn masks.

Seeing her and Jongin from the eyes of Dispatch really did make her realize that one, Jongin was her boyfriend, and two, the whole entire world knew about them.

The date was mellow, personally speaking. He picked her up from her home and asked her where she wanted to eat. They settled for the crab place she and her sister liked and he drove them there with one hand in hers the whole ride.

The owner didn't recognize them and even if he did, he was smart and nice enough to not say so. The place was full. The environement wasn't great but the food was amazing. Jongin ate like a child, inexperienced with how to crack open the crab. Soojung had to help him and was vaguely reminded of her having to help him open Twinkies and chocolate bars. They couldn't really do much in the restaurant. Nothing like holding hands or kissing. It was far too risky.

One of her favourite parts of the night was when he gave her his jacket. It was too big and baggy on her, but it was warm and made her smile. 

Another favourite was the drive back. His hand never left hers and at the end of the night, he leaned in and kissed her softly, lips lingering as he pulled away. Like his crab eating skills, the kiss was inexperienced and stiff, but Soojung loved every second of it.

In that aspect, Soojung was the happiest girl on the planet, but the fans were what worried her.

She was surprised that she wasn`t being harassed to death. Sure, people called her a , stuck up, cold and even more insults, its nothing she isn't used to. And all those antis who told her she should leave Jongin, they could all it for all she cared. She didn't really take them seriously since they were probably all just pre pubescent teenage girls who were pissy and jealous.

What was amazing was all the support she got. For every negative comment, there were millions more positive ones. It warmed her heart.

Amber was psyched out for her and so was Sunyoung. Vic had to call Jongin and pretty much interview him. Next in line was Sooyeon, who threatened to make him eat his own balls if he ever did anything stupid.

As for Soojung herself, she mostly had her head in the clouds.

10 years ago, Jongin was the small boy with the sun kissed skin who knew nothing but dance. He was quiet and shy, and Soojung thought little of him.

Who knew that years later, when he grew into the chisled man he is today, he would be basically all that she thought about.

Soojung didn't really know how it happened. They've always been friends. During their trainee days, both stood out among the others and acknowledged each other. Sometimes, they took breaks together and went for juices or snacks.

They became friends.

Skipping practices to go play, helping each other with dancing and singing, insulting and teasing each other: all things that were part of their childhood memories.

For the longest time, Soojung was taller than him. She always felt like the older one, the older sister that took care of her junior. She never saw Jongin as a man.

Although thinking back, she remembered Jongin saying something to her. 

"Just you watch, Jung Soojung. One day, I'll grow taller and stronger. I'll debut and show you that I'm a man."

Yes, she did remember that occasion. It was the week before her debut stage and she had been practicing alone in the SM building. Jongin had come in to watch. After she was done, he had come up to her.

"Congratulations."

"Thank you."

"To be honest, I thought that I'd debut first."

Soojung had laughed when he said that, bring her hand to the top of her head and running it over the top of Jongin's head, to illustrate that she was still taller than him.

"Whatever you say, kiddo."

Jongin had brushed her hand off with a determined, almost angry expression, followed by those words. 

"Just you watch, Jung Soojung. One day, I'll grow taller and stronger. I'll debut and show you that I'm a man."

And thats what he did.

Her cellphone rung and snapped her out of her haze of deep thought.

"Hello? Sunyoung?"

"Hey, girl. How you doing?" Sunyoung's musical voice came from the other end.

"I'm okay." Soojung replied with a smile.

"You sure you don't wanna come stay at the dorm? Vic made hot pot." Amber's husky voice suddenly jumped it. The phone was on speaker. Soojung could hear the banging of pots and pans in the kitchen.

"You guys enjoy. I'm a bit tired." Soojung's mouth watered at the thought of Vic's cooking.

"Alright, but if ever need anything. We're here, okay? Anything. Love you, maknae." Vic's voice sounded through the phone.

"Love you, girl." Sunyoung said in a soft voice.

"Love you, Jung." Amber echoed.

Soojung could imagine her group members huddled around the phone and tears pricked at the back of her lashes. She loved them so much. 

"I love you guys too. I'll call."

After more murmurs of goodbye, Soojung hung up.

Honestly, the person she wanted to see the most was Jongin.

She wanted to see him, hear his voice. She wanted to bury her head in his sweater and breathe in the scent that is uniquely his.

How long had it been since they'd seen each other? She had the Huading Awards in Macau and Jongin had his own schedules. Seeing each other was next to impossible and with their dating news spreading like the plague, being seen in public is like a death wish.

On the subject of that,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter