His Heart

Every Day with You
Please log in to read the full chapter

 


“That's enough Jiyong." Youngbae strained his voice, the loud music was making it hard for him to stop his friend from taking another shot.   "I'm not drunk yet," he replied lifting another shot glass, signalling the bartender for a refill.

Youngbae shook his head as the bartender poured the clear liquid. Left with no choice, he gripped Jiyong’s wrist, preventing the guy from putting the drink near his lips. He knew very well that his friend has a high alcohol tolerance but it was the reason why he was in such state that worries him. Youngbae had never seen him drown himself in liquor since last year. And he wasn’t saying anything. Nothing that comes out from his mouth made sense.

"No, you're done. We are leaving now and we are going home." He stood up and lifted Jiyong from his seat but the latter wouldn't budge.

"I have no home,” he drawled, turning to face his worried friend. Placing the shot glass on the bar top, he muttered, “she doesn't want me anymore," as he stared blankly ahead.

Youngbae’s slits widened in surprise for only a brief second, before his face mellowed in understanding.

"No, she didn't say that,” he coaxed, hand rubbing his friend’s back.

"She... She is not happy with me. I can feel it. She… She never misses me…She... She rejects all my invitations to go out saying that she is not interested,” he shook his head, eyes narrowing as if trying to clear his thoughts. Youngbae remained silent and listened.

“But I saw tickets to Jeju in her room." Jiyong rambled on. "She prefers being with her friends than me,” a pained smile graced his lips before lifting the glass once again. “Why? What have I done to deserve this?” he asked in frustration, head dropping on the wooden surface. “I love her and I gave everything to her. I love her," he mumbled.

"She is not that kind of girl. You know that. You should talk," Youngbae urged, seeing that his friend loved her still.

"Talk," he chuckled bitterly, tears stinging his eyes. "She is scared of me after what I did. She would never face me."

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A deafening silence rang in his ears as he stood lifelessly in the vacant hallway. It was barely 24 hours since he stormed out of this place and here he was in front of her unit. Youngbae had dragged him out of the club and forced him inside his car. His friend kindly dropped him in her place knowing full well that it is where he wanted to be.

Pressing his forehead against the wood, he felt so miserable. “This is so unfair. You are so unfair.”

Clutching the part where his heart is placed, he gripped it tight before slamming his fist into it. If only he could stop his heart from beating for her. “Stop… Please stop hurting me. I can’t take this any longer.”

Please log in to read the full chapter