Picnic

Roommate Maknaes

At the next filming schedule, Youngji didn’t see Jackson at the share house. She wasn’t particularly looking for him but anyone can feel his presence when he’s around. She helped Gook Joo & Sunny in the kitchen to prepare a late night snack. It’s still kinda awkward with all of them but she enjoys how Gook Joo is making everyone’s having a great laugh, she’s a true comedian. She had lots of laughing dose that night before sleeping.

 

 

 

She was awakened by a sound. Gook Joo went out from the bathroom and stopped when she saw Youngji sit up straight trying to understand what’s going on.

 

“Eonni, where are you going?” she asked her with a crack voice.

 

“Ah youngji-ah I’m sorry I woke you up.. I’m going to buy some food with Joon oppa & Jackson. Wanna go with us?” Gook Joo whispered.

 

Jackson? Oh he’s here. Youngji looked at her phone, 2 am. “Buy some food? At this hour?”, she asked with wide eyes.

 

Gook Joo chuckled silently, “Yeah, those two didn’t get to eat the pork skin so they’re starving now”

 

“Ooohh, okay.. Have a safe trip eonnie”, Youngji said to her and went back to sleep.

 

Gook Joo went downstairs asap, the men were already in the car waiting for her.

 

“Noona, what took you so long?”, Jackson asked as soon as she got inside.

 

Gook Joo adjusted her seatbelt and replied,”I was just doing a light makeup and accidentally woke Youngji up so I had to explain to her. She was so confused hahaha...”

 

“She woke up? Why didn’t you asked her to join us?”, Joon Hyung said.

 

“Nah, she was still in lala land.. she went back straight to sleep afer I told her that we’re going to buy some food.”

 

Youngji didn’t go back straight to sleep actually. She was thinking about those three, Going out to buy food at this hour? She can’t really understand it because for her sleeping is much more important than eating. Did Jackson just got back at this hour? She stopped herself. Why am I curious about him? She rolled to her side and cover her head with blanket, I need to sleep again.

 

 

 

5 hours later Youngji woke up to the sound of Gook Joo’s snores. Ah she’s in deep sleeping, no wonder...remembering the adventure she had earlier. Youngji prepared herself before going downstairs. She loved the house, like seriously loved it... She likes to go outside to feel the fresh air and exercise, she decided to play basketball alone, yes alone.

 

At 10.15 pm, almost everyone has woken up and gathered in the living room. Following Jong Ok’s idea to go outside and enjoy the nice weather, the members decided to have a picnic at the nearest park.

 

She was packing the picnic mat when Jackson came.

 

“Do you need help with that?” he asked.

 

Youngji turned around and see his eyes staring at hers.

 

“Ohh.. no, it’s okay. I got this” she turned back to the mat again.

 

“Really? I can help you”, he insisted.

 

I’m almost done and he ask to help now?, Youngji silently sighed.

 

“Are you mad because I want to help you?”

 

Youngji let out a tired smile and said,”I think you can see that I’m almost done here.”

 

“Ah, you’re mad”, he replied.

 

“No, I’m not”, she smiled again. “I think you could help Min Woo oppa to pack the drinks, he hasn’t even started”

 

Jackson was still staring at her but didn’t say anything, he then turned around and shout Min Woo’s name.

 

 

 

---------------------------

 

 

She's definitely mad at me. Jackson thought about his previous chat with Youngji while taking the stairs to see Min Woo. I don’t even know we would be bringing mats or anything. Jackson was in the bathroom when everyone were talking about what to bring to the picnic.

 

“Min Woo Hyung, do you need help to pack the drinks?”, Jackson asked him (more like shouted) even before he reached Min Woo’s room.

 

There was no answer and when Jackson got there he saw no one. He knocked the bathroom and asked again. Min Woo replied to him, “Yes, the drinks.. I need your help, just put all the drinks from the fridge into the cool box. I’ve separated the drinks that we need to bring, I put them at the bottom.”

 

"Okay hyung".

 

Jackson went down to the kitchen again to do what Min Woo has instructed. He was careful when he went there, Is she still there? What should I say to her? Argh. Youngji was no longer in the kitchen, and so he quickly took out the drinks. He looked around to find the cool box, where is it? He looked around the kitchen again but it’s nowhere to found.

 

“What are you doing?”. He heard a voice, he looked up and saw Youngji by the dining table.

 

Just when did she came here.“Uummh, trying to find the coolbox”.

 

Youngji laughed widely and Jackson raised his eyebrows.

 

“Yaa, it’s there on the chair”, Youngji pointed to a chair at the end of the dining table.

 

Jackson tilted his head slightly and walked to the dining table, “Aahh, it was there all along? I couldn’t see it from the kitchen”.

 

Youngji was still laughing,” I can’t believe you didn’t see it.” 

 

She helped him take the coolbox to the counter and let him put all the drinks inside. “I’m sorry earlier, I didn’t mean to be rude but after seeing you left like that I realised that I said something rude”

 

“Oh, did you mean when you were sarcastic?”, he said.

 

Youngji looked at him, “Umm, yes.. I didn’t know that you were in the bathroom when everyone talked about what to bring... Gook Joo eonnie told me just now that you didn’t know about it.”

 

He stared at Youngji for 3 seconds long. She looks sincere with her apology.

 

”It’s okay"

 

Youngji smiled at him, “Thanks, and again I’m sorry”.

 

Min Woo came down and helped Jackson to finish packing and bring it to the car.

 

 

---------------------------

 

 

The weather was really nice indeed, perfect time to have a picnic. They played all sorts of games to get closer with each other and it's so funny to see Ryohei being confused with numbers. Jackson is even worse... he suggested to play the numbers game in English but eventually got himself a punishment, twice. When Seho told Jackson that he wanted to learned Martial Arts, Jackson (of course) flipped again but not like the usual flip he does for introduction, he showed a backflip. Youngji was impressed with all his flips, the introduction flip, backflip, and 5 other flips she can't remember… and she wanted to try it because she want to. 

 

She was positioning her body to follow Jackson’s fancy flip when he told her, “Just do the cartwheels, it’s easier”

 

Youngji insisted, “No, I can do this” and when she actually did it she fell on her . I should’ve listened to Jackson hahaha, she laughed at her stuborness. 

 

At around 2pm, the other Roommates went separate ways for their own schedules but DongWook, Ryohei, Jackson & Youngji decided to go to the supermarket.