02 Tao

EXODUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

| Tao |

 

 

He doesn't know what that makes him awake but when Tao slowly opened his eyes, he can see the high ceiling and some lamps were lightening a wall that standing beside him.

Where is he? It's the first question that entered his mind. He's in a room that looks half modern half old-fashioned and a brick wall was stood up beside him. The wall just a little more higher than him and on the wall that maybe stood as the podium, stood three stone columns that almost reached the ceiling.

"Looking at the temple, son?"

A voice beside him makes Tao quickly turned his head. There, an old man standing beside him. He looks like a rich old man with his grey suit and a gold cane.

"S-sir?" Tao tried to ask the old man something, like how he can suddenly appeared beside him and then why he called him 'son', surely he doesn't remember that he knew the old man back.

"It's sad to know that just only this that remained from the temple."

"Temple, Sir?"

The old man looked at him and stared, "Yes, son. This once was a temple. Temple of Augustus."

Tao blinked and still stared at the old man while the man looked back at the three columns.

"S-sir, I still don't understand."

"With the time, you'll get it, son. With the time, all the memories will be back to you too. But then within the time, it's come really fast to you all."

"W-what?"

The old man gazed back at him again, "For now, you have time to relax, son. A little time. But take the time. Until you're ready, the time will be come to you. And just remember this words from me. Le bon Dieu est dans le detail (God is in the detail)."

Tao tried to speak again, asking what the man means but then suddenly he felt sleepy and the next second, he already fall into the darkness.

 

*

 

The next time he woke up, it's because the traffic sounds and murmurs of conversation that surrounds him. Tao found himself woke up in a chair in front of a building that looks like a restaurant. He looked around and saw all the round tables that have four chairs in each, some people already sit on the chairs near him, talking and chatting happily with their friends while eating.

It's morning and Tao felt his stomach grumbled softly, reminded him that he needed to find something to eat. But then he remembered that he didn't have money. And something struck him again. Where is he? It scenery doesn't look familiar and also the language. Even though he can understand it but he did remember that this isn't the country where he should be.

Tao nervously looked around but then when he tried to stand up, a weight on his pocket makes him sit back and fished something out from his pocket.

It's a really thick bundle of banknotes. His eyes widened when he realized that it's maybe from the old man that he met strangely last night. But the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter