The list of events

[Discontinued; Story outline and ending posted] Unlocking Hidden Affection

 

7.11.10-

 

How the story would have gone had I finished it:

 

*Important events, in order-

 

-The five members go through a month interacting with the children of the Elementary. Junsu meets up with Reina several times and they begin to talk. Jin Ri enjoys spending time with Junsu. Reina, after meeting up with Junsu a few times, realizes that he's a member of Dong Bang Shin Ki. She knows the danger in interacting with him but when Jin Ri talks about how fun playing with “Junsu oppa” is, she gives in.

 

-The inevitable happens and Jaejoong and Reina meet (Setting unknown). Reina is unable to control herself and takes Jin Ri and leaves. Jaejoong reveals to the other members that Reina was the girl that left him six years ago.

 

-Reina is unable to pay for her rent. Her landlord gives her a week's time to find another place to stay. Reina mentions this to Junsu and he immediately offers Dong Bang Shin Ki's apartment. He takes her to meet the manager and she finds out that DBSK is in the middle of a photobook project that requires interaction with children.

 

-Reina and Jin Ri eventually move in with the five. Jaejoong isn't happy but Jaejoong and Reina call truce. Reina tries to ask if Jaejoong's over her but they're both distracted by a loud noise (neighbor's dog?) and he doesn't hear her. He asks if she's going back inside and she replies that she wants to stay outside for a while. Jaejoong gives her his own key hurriedly before leaving. She looks down at the key in her hand and notices the keychain. It has a picture for six years ago. She smiles and wonders why he still has it.

 

-The manager, the five, and Reina and Jin Ri go to a press conference about the project. Sample questions: Who are the two? Why are they with TVXQ? How long will this take? Do all the members agree to this? Do those two agree to this? Where is Jin Ri's father? Are they trustworthy?

 

-They come back from the press conference and small cameras are set up in the kitchen, dining room, living room, hallway, and out on the patio.

 

-Reina is out on the patio when Jaejoong enters. He offers to leave but Reina reassures him, saying she needs the company. They talk about life. Jaejoong accidentally mentions their first date and Reina joins in, carefree. They stop talking after describing the date (amusement park, everything goes wrong) and an awkward silence starts. Reina gets up and begins to leave. Jaejoong asks her a question. “Can I ask you a question?” She nods. “Who is Jin Ri's father?”

 

-Reina shakes her head and leaves without answering. That night, the press conference is broadcasted. They watch and go to sleep with high tension. Jin Ri, is of course, oblivious.

 

-Morning, Changmin is checking fan reactions. There are neutral and hateful reactions alike. Yunho warns Reina to be careful.

 

-Sung Hee shows up. (Sung Hee, Jaejoong's post debut ex girlfriend that's still a good friend of his/the members'). She hugs everyone in greeting and starts to talk to Jaejoong animatedly.

 

-Reina asks Junsu who the girl is. He explains.

 

-Reina is slightly hurt but doesn't say anything.

 

-Changmin finds an article: Cassiopeia's official response to the project. The fanclub states that they'll support Dong Bang Shin Ki no matter what, even if they don't like the arrangement. Jaejoong voices his doubts that all of Cassiopeia will abide by the statement but they still all feel relief wash through them.

 

-Sung Hee is suspicious of Reina after noticing her change in attitude towards her. (She heard Junsu explaining to Reina). She decides to confide in Yoochun about it (whose #2 on her list next to Jaejoong). Yoochun explains that Reina is Jaejoong's ex from six years ago.

 

-The next day, Changmin is surfing the web and finds an article about Su Dae, Junsu's ex girlfriend. It mentions how the slightly insane female was nowhere to be found, escaping the hospital she had been in. He talks to Yunho about it, who was the closest person at the time. Neither of them knew that Su Dae had mental problems. Junsu walks in on them talking and becomes confused but shakes it off, not hearing the name that they were talking of.

 

-Reina gets drunk. Jaejoong is annoyed because he knows Reina can't drink. Junsu hears Reina talk in her sleep and finds out about her secret-- the reason she left, who Jin Ri's father is, etc. Reina admits to it when she's confronted. Reina begs Junsu to keep it a secret and he reluctantly agrees.

 

-Sung Hee figures the secret out when she asks Jin Ri how old she is. She confronts Reina and while Reina doesn't want to admit it to her, the other woman has the facts. Sung Hee agrees to keep silent about it after finding out Junsu knows too.

 

-The others (Including Jaejoong) find out while overhearing Junsu and Sung Hee talking about it. Jaejoong is highly pissed and feels betrayed by Reina. He decides to pay attention to Jin Ri more. Jin Ri, on the other hand, forgives her mother for keeping it a secret from her. She's too young to get mad/to truly understand.

 

-Yoochun decides to play matchmaker.

 

-Changmin bonds with Jin Ri; Jaejoong is jealous.

 

-Sung Hee pushes aside her jealousy to help Yoochun.

 

-Junsu notices the lack of trust between Reina and Jaejoong and has an idea. He asks Reina out, trying to buy time for Jaejoong and Reina to make up. He knows that if they keep going on like they are, they'll end up rushing the relationship because of Jin Ri and it'll end up with misunderstandings because of the betrayal.

 

-Yoochun tries to convince Reina that Jaejoong needs her.

 

-Sung Hee explains to Jaejoong Reina's reason in leaving him.

 

-Yunho (Jaejoong's confident) tells him to ask Reina for the truth himself.

 

-The manager finds out. Because he can't ignore Jin Ri's existence (he has a soft side for children), he tells the two to be careful in what they do.

 

-Su Dae finally appears. She tries to kidnap Jin Ri from the elementary school. Jaejoong and Reina are picking her up when this happens and they see. They chase after Su Dae in a taxi. Then, Su Dae, whose bent on losing them, gets into a crash, her and Jin Ri in the car.

 

-Jin Ri and Su Dae are sent to the hospital. Jaejoong watches Reina distressing and eventually hugs her to calm her down.

 

-When Jin Ri is pronounced fine, Jaejoong and Reina finally realize the intimate position they're in and quickly break apart. However, the ice has finally broken and they're slowly on the way to recovery.

 

-Reina notices how Junsu reacts to Su Dae's hospitalization and tells him to go ask Su Dae for the truth. The past with Su Dae:

Su Dae is bipolar. Split personality. The works. Junsu didn't know that until one day, she lashes out on him for no good reason. (In UHA, he doesn't have a leg injury). She becomes emotionally dangerous and there are times where Junsu notices scars marking her body. She claims their accidents when they're really the result of emotional outbursts. One day, Junsu comes back from recording and she becomes obsessive, accusing Junsu of things he hasn't done. Then, she runs out of the house, screaming that she hates him and she never wants to see him again. That she thought he was stupid for trying to become Asia's top group, that the title Rising Gods of the East didn't fit them and would never fit them. He never knew that she was bipolar. That she was sick.

 

-Junsu decides its time to let Reina go. They break up on good terms and Junsu tells her to go to Jaejoong. She doesn't need much convincing.

 

-Cassiopeia fanmeet takes place (It's been in plan for quite a while)- Jaejoong decides to make their relationship public. He talks about a nameless ex-girlfriend and how she left him. Then he talks about why she left. (Poor Jaejoong oppa~, the fans murmured) Then he admits (by taking Reina's hand) that Reina was the girl. He motions towards Jin Ri and explains that she's his daughter. They wait for the reaction.

 

-One fan begins to clap. Then two. Then a few more, then more, and eventually, there is about 75% of the audience clapping. Not all, but enough for the family.

 

-The fanmeet continues as planned. Reina and Jin Ri watch them perform from backstage.

 

-They reach home. Jaejoong asks Reina for a date and Reina accepts.

 

-The next morning, they are told that the photobook at-home hidden camera shoots will last one more week. TVXQ takes a day off.

 

-Jaejoong takes Reina to a cafe to begin the day. The rest of TVXQ follows and Sung Hee joins in. Junsu's at home, babysitting.

 

-The couple goes to the amusement park from their first date. Yunho recalls Jaejoong describing the date to him and they're determined to make sure it doesn't turn into a disaster. Jaejoong and Reina are oblivious to how the members and Sung Hee help them through the day and the date ends up perfectly.

 

-Jaejoong suddenly proposes to Reina, not wanting anything else to happen before they're legally bound together. They're on the ferris wheel.

 

-Reina accepts.

 

-When they go back, Jaejoong announces that they're engaged. The members wonder how they missed it.

 

-Wrap up all the loose ends: Junsu and Su Dae, Reina and Junsu, Reina informing Hyun Soo of what's happened, Jaejoong, Reina, and Jin Ri going to meet his family, etc. Ends with Jaejoong's POV, feeling fortunate and falls asleep next to Reina and Jin Ri.

 

-Epilogue: Jin Ri's POV; age 13. It begins with Reina telling Jin Ri to take Jaejoong's lunch to him because she's busy dealing with Jin Ri's younger brother. Jin Ri heads to the company building, narrating about the past eight years.

*Junsu is slowly opening up to relationships again but his highest priority is still singing and soccer.

*Hyun Soo married someone from the village about six years ago. They visit occasionally.

*Jin Ri barely remembers Sung Hee who moved away to a smaller city in South Korea.

*Yunho married a girl he met in Korea on a tour.

*Yoochun is married to a Japanese fan.

*Changmin went through a peaceful divorce and has joint custody of his five year old son. He's currently dating someone and Jin Ri thinks it'll work out.

*Dong Bang Shin Ki has become recognized internationally.

 

-Jin Ri gets to the company and finds the five members. They've just finished their Korean activities for the year and are about to go on downtime before they go to Japan for the next year.

 

-She gives Jaejoong the lunch and tells him playfully that if he doesn't go home for dinner, Reina'll force him to sleep on the couch-- “Mom says that if you go anywhere else but home tonight for dinner, you'll be sleeping on the sofa for the first week of your break.”

 

-Ends with Jin Ri seeing a fan-made poster:

Jin Ri smiled as she exited the room, hearing the helpless sputtering of her father's voice and the laughter of the other four band members from behind her. Her eyes caught sight of a fan-made poster that had been there for several years now. It had a picture of all five members of Dong Bang Shin Ki together, their arms rested on each other's shoulders, laughing. They were in normal Dong Bang Shin Ki formation with her father in the middle, the two tallest to the right of them and the other two on the left. She remembered the time this picture was taken even though she had barely been six years of age: it was a picture of her parents' wedding. It was a memory that had stayed with her through the years due to her parents' endless repetition of the day during the nighttime storytelling.

On the bottom of the poster, just above where it was slightly fading, the following words were printed: Always Keep the Faith... Music, Friendship, Family, and Love.