Lonely on the Road -- written by shhhinhwaCJ

Shinhwa 17th Anniversary One-Shots

 

TITLE: Lonely On the Road

AUTHOR: shhhinhwaCJ

PAIRING: Ricsyung, Woodong, Jindy, OT6

GENRE: Fantasy, slight angst, slight romance, friendship

AUTHOR NOTE: I had a lot of fun writing this. ^^ Happy Birthday, Shinhwa! You’re 17 years old already, keep getting older, okay? I wish you would be happy and may your dreams come true this year. Please take care of each other, my wonderful idols.

SUMMARY: He keeps searching for them. He can’t be stopped. The road he chose to walk on; was not helping him at all. He regrets it. He needs them, his only cure to loneliness. Sometimes, even the calm ocean waves can’t help him forget the painful memories of the past.

 

 

 

 

‘I always feel lonely without the sound of ocean waves. When I hear no peaceful sound in my ears, I feel trapped and alone. Lonely is such a painful word. Listening to ocean waves is the way I avoid pain. You would never know if you live happily with your family. But I have no family or a life. I am a lonely human in this world.’

                 ‘I once had best friends. But where are they now? What are they doing now? I have asked those questions to myself for almost a thousand years. And I have been searching them. But I have not got any answers yet. Where are they? Where have they gone?’

                ‘Junghyuk, Minwoo, Dongwan, Choongjae and Sunho. What had happened between us? That is also a question that could not be answered. No, not by myself. I have to ask them if I want to know everything. I could not probably answer those questions by myself. Why did such things happen to us? Why? ‘

                ‘I guess I can only ask myself, and the questions will echo in my mind. Because they are not here to answer me... I remember all of our laughter, smiles, jokes, and tears that bundled up to be memories. Where did our golden days go missing? I think I have misplaced it, somewhere back inside my mind.’

            ‘I really can’t recall how I ended up alone. I remember being really happy with them. I know that I hated being alone, so I can’t possibly choose the lonely road by myself, right?’ Pilgyo tried to remember, but his memories stopped at the moment his father died. That was the last memory of his life before he lived alone for 1000 years.

            He did try to blend in the world. He went to school, university and even got himself jobs. But Pilgyo felt he did not belong with the people here. Then, he started travelling around to find for his friends. He knew, normal humans can’t live more than 100 years. But why is he still alive?

            So, even though the chances are thin, he hoped that his friends are still alive. Every 10 years, Pilgyo will move to another country. He will find a job and start searching for his friends there. He was determined to find them; they are the only ones that can cure his loneliness. ‘This is the last country, Korea. If they are not here, I will give up.’

           Pilgyo reached the mountain summit. It was such a beautiful view and yet Pilgyo felt unsatisfied. It was so familiar and close to home, yet he still felt lonely. Pilgyo was listening to the recording of ocean waves using his earphone. But it was not able to cover his loneliness. He yearned to belong with his dear friends. Pilgyo chuckled as he remembered his funny friends.

           Pilgyo had five friends, Junghyuk, Minwoo, Dongwan, Choongjae and Sunho. Ilgook, Pilgyo’s father made them Pilgyo’s trainers. Ilgook wanted Pilgyo to learn their skills of living. Ilgook was the village’s chief; he wanted his son to take over one day. So, being the son of the chief, Pilgyo knew them all; but the five warriors were strangers at first. They hated each other because they were jealous of each other’s ability.

            The five young warriors loved to bicker and argue. They once fought with their fists, it was terrible and they were bathed with blood. But they are all strong, so no one won or lost. Pilgyo only watched them fighting, not even trying to stop them. He found them amusing, because he could not even raise his voice to fight.

            Pilgyo laughed when they are all on the ground, panting. But they did not even giving up. Pilgyo stood beside them and said, “I am the only one standing. So, I win, right?” They couldn’t even argue because they were too tired. They hated each other at first, but they loved the easy-going Pilgyo. He brought them together. During the 3 years they trained together, they became best friends.

            Minwoo was a little bit older than Pilgyo. Yet he was more immature and childish. But he had the most charismatic personality among the young warriors. Minwoo was a quick-footed and energetic young man. He was the one that taught Pilgyo how to climb mountain swiftly and safely.

                “Pilgyo-ah! Like this! You have to find place to step quickly with your eyes and you will reach the top at the blink of an eye! See?” Minwoo jumped and hopped on the slightly higher ground, suddenly he was already about 10 centimeters taller than Pilgyo.

                Pilgyo covered his mouth and held back his laughter. Even though they were friends since children, this is the first time he saw Minwoo jumped so quickly. Minwoo was obviously showing off. What tickled Pilgyo was that he finally can observe how ‘long’ that short man’s legs are. Usually, Pilgyo tried not to look because that will embarrass Minwoo.

                But Minwoo was showing off his legs in front of Pilgyo. How could he not laugh? Pilgyo finally rolled on the ground while holding his aching stomach. “AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!” Minwoo pouted and crossed his arms. He tried to kick Pilgyo, but his legs were too short to reach for the laughing man.

                They were on a not so high cliff, ready to jump off and dive into the ocean. “What are you doing here? Don’t play around. I will tell your father, Jung Pilgyo ah.”

                Choongjae. He was Minwoo’s rival for speed and stamina, but he had another criteria which made Pilgyo respected him. It was his defence. Choongjae had fire, water and lightning resistance. But mostly Pilgyo respected him because those criteria always made Pilgyo laugh. Can you imagine, a person being struck by lightning a few times, but was still alive the next morning?

                And what if he was caught on fire but only his was red and burned? And if he was almost drowned because he thought he could swim, but he was already running around the next hour? It is really hard to imagine, that is why Pilgyo loved his funny friends.

                “Come here, Pilgyo! I will teach you how to swim!”Choongjae gestured Pilgyo to come near him. Minwoo was already in the ocean, splashing water to Choongjae. He was teasing and provoking Choongjae. He knew Choongjae could not swim.

                “Choongjae!!! I’m your hyung! Besides, you’re the one who need the swimming lesson! And don’t pretend you’re so obedient!” Pilgyo jumped in the water without undressing. Pilgyo was the shyest one in the group. The members knew about it. And they love to tease.

                “Yah! Don’t jump so suddenly, you almost stepped on me, you brat!” A voice shocked Pilgyo from under his legs.

                Dongwan appeared from nowhere. He was a strong young man, with sturdy and muscular physique. He was the healthiest among them, and was known for his vitality. He could stay underwater for two whole hours. He was responsible to search for the villagers some seafood. Dongwan was a bit rough towards Pilgyo and the others. It was his personality.

                “You have to do this every day to breathe under water!” Dongwan shoved Pilgyo’s face to the water. Luckily, Pilgyo was ready for it; he took a couple of breath before he was shoved. Dongwan was Pilgyo’s trainer for the swimming lesson. Well, Pilgyo’s friends had to teach him their skills. They had to; Pilgyo did not have any specialty. Pilgyo was like a bird without wings.

                “Hyung! That is dangerous!”

                 Sunho was the youngest member. He always had good luck; he never encountered any deadly danger in his life. Well, not yet. He was really alert of their surroundings. He could tell if danger is coming by sensing the wind’s direction and the bird’s chirpings. He was the most caring person, to Pilgyo. The other members always tick Pilgyo off.

                 Sunho leaped onto Dongwan, but Dongwan managed to avoid it. Pilgyo was released from Dongwan’s hands. Pilgyo quickly took a deep breath and stayed away from Dongwan. He swam towards the shore, where Choongjae was. He already went down from the cliff, he was still not brave enough to face the water. However, Choongjae could be a good fort, providing Pilgyo with strong defense.

                Sunho stepped onto something sharp under the water. It was not a rock. Sunho pulled the thing up and looked at it closely. “Wahhh!!!! Hyung! I found your tiger tooth amulet!” Sunho waved excitedly towards the jungle. There was no one to be seen. If there was, they could not see clearly. It was too far.

                “Can you see Junghyuk, Sunho?” Minwoo asked. That amulet was Junghyuk’s, so Sunho must be referring to him.

                “Yeah, of course! Can’t you see him, hyung?” Sunho was still waving his hand. The others chuckled. Sunho was the only one with that ability. He was really aware of his surroundings. Pilgyo envied him, he envied them. He had no special abilities to show off to his best friends.

                ‘I am really useless. I can’t even learn their skills. I can’t climb the mountains quickly, can’t defend myself, can’t hold my breath for even one minute, can’t sense danger and can’t be wise enough to save myself.’

                It was about a thousand year ago, when surviving was a must. Everyone had to at least have one skill. Pilgyo’s father was kind, but deep inside he must be embarrassed by his only son. He was the warrior and chief who was respected by all of the villagers. He saved them from wild beast and unsteady weather.

                Pilgyo sighed. “Don’t think about anything, Pilgyo-ah. You’re making yourself sad and hurt.” A voice calmed Pilgyo down. It was Junghyuk, Pilgyo’s most beloved friend and tutor. Junghyuk was the gang’s leader, he was a wise and cool man. He taught Pilgyo how to hunt animals. His specialty was his accuracy.

                He never missed a tiger or a lion. Pilgyo knows that man will take over his father’s responsibility one day. Pilgyo was the one who should protect the villagers, but he can’t. Pilgyo was only a normal young man without any abilities to surpass his father. Pilgyo did not mind, he was glad that it was Junghyuk. He was even thankful. He knows Junghyuk will do a good job.

                “Hyung! Welcome back!” Pilgyo grinned at his best friend. Junghyuk was away for three days to hunt. Pilgyo saw a dead tiger behind Junghyuk’s back. “Wow! A tiger again? Congrats hyung! Appa will be very happy!” Pilgyo felt a little bit hurt when he mentioned his father.

                His friends went quiet. They know Pilgyo was really sensitive. Junghyuk smiled warmly and patted Pilgyo’s head. Junghyuk put down the tiger and pulled out six teeth from the tiger’s mouth. The blood streamed out of its gums. Pilgyo, Sunho, Dongwan, Minwoo and Choongjae winced in disgust.

                Junghyuk grinned at them. He cleaned the teeth with the sea water and handed it to his friends. “These are lucky charms for us. I want us to always be strong and healthy. I want us to be a legend. Shinhwa.” The others were moved. Junghyuk took his amulet from Sunho and threw it in the sea. “I don’t need this. Mun Junghyuk,” Junghyuk put his hand in front.

                “Lee Minwoo,” Minwoo put his right hand on Jungyuk’s. Minwoo felt really happy and excited.

                “Kim Dongwan,” Dongwan did the same, but was a bit rough. He hit Minwoo’s hand hard. Minwoo gritted his teeth and glared at Dongwan.

                 “Park Choongjae,” Choongjae managed to say it without laughing. He was looking at Dongwan and Minwoo who were having a staring contest. Kekekeke, it was really funny seeing the two shorties.

                “Lee Sunho,” Sunho placed his hand on Choongjae’s with a smile on his face.

                 Everybody looked at Pilgyo. Without any hesitation, Pilgyo slammed his hand in front. “Jung Pilgyo,”

                “Together, WE ARE SHINHWA! SHINHWA FOREVER” Junghyuk yelled enthusiastically. The others found their spirit and shouted, “YEAH!!! SHINHWA FIGHTING!” They cheered loudly and the moments after that were filled with sweet memories.

               Tears streamed down on Pilgyo’s face.  ‘Why? Where are you guys? I’m very lonely.’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Let me do what I want! I am happy I found my ability! Why can’t you be happy?!” Pilgyo pushed Junghyuk and went outside of his small hut. He was really angry. Pilgyo passed by Minwoo who was worried about him.

                "Pilgyo! Where are you going?" Pilgyo did not answer Minwoo and walked towards the thick jungle. Minwoo looked at him and quickly entered the hut. “What did he say?” Minwoo took a seat in front of Junghyuk.

                “You guys can stop hiding now. Come here.” Junghyuk sighed. When he was arguing with Pilgyo, the others were ears-dropping. Sunho, Choongjae and Dongwan came out of their hiding. They could not even laugh or joke around. They had some serious business to talk about.

                Junghyuk massaged his head. “I can’t persuade him to stop.” The others were shocked and flabbergasted. They did not know what to do next. Pilgyo had finally found his skill. It was magic. At first it was okay, but the magic left some troubles to the villagers.

                Pilgyo summoned a fire creature and successfully repelled wolves and lions from their village. But the village caught on fire and destroyed almost all of their shelters and food. The villagers forgave Pilgyo, but he did the same mistake again. His magic was out of control.

                He then summoned a water creature and the village was flooded. Pilgyo said that the creatures were randomly summoned out. He could not summon specific creatures. The young warriors tried to persuade Pilgyo but it was useless. They thought Pilgyo would listen to Junghyuk’s advice, but Pilgyo was stubborn.

                Junghyuk understood Pilgyo’s situation. He wanted to make his late-father proud. Pilgyo’s father passed away and the village was in a mess without a leader. Junghyuk rejected the offer to be the head chief, and so are the rest. They wanted Pilgyo to be the leader.

                Pilgyo was accepted half-heartedly by the villagers. But he made up by having wonderful warriors by his side. The village was safe and harmonious. But Pilgyo felt unsatisfied. He wanted some power by himself. One day, he accidentally summoned the fire creature and caused disaster.

                “Let’s find him. It’s getting dark.” Sunho showed a worried expression. Junghyuk widened his eyes. He thought his sense was wrong.

                “You feel something, too?” Junghyuk asked Sunho. Sunho nodded. He could sense something dangerous was coming. The others were anxious as well and kept looking outside of the window.

                Junghyuk took his best spear and went outside. “Quick! Get ready!” Junghyuk ran outside and warned the villagers to lock their huts. Sunho took some healing potions and put them in his sack. Minwoo took out his D-I-Y shoes. Choongjae armed himself with his armour. Dongwan drank his herb medicine. They were ready to fight against anything.

                “JUNG PILGYO!” Dongwan lead in front of the line. They searched Pilgyo in the thick jungle and increased their risk to be attack by wild beasts. Junghyuk and the gang were familiar with the jungle, it was their daily routine. However, it was dangerous for Pilgyo as he never follow them; he always sat at the shore watching the beautiful vast ocean.

                It was music towards Pilgyo ears; the ocean waves. It was the most beautiful music he ever heard. Pilgyo never felt lonely even though he was born without a mother. His mother died as soon as she gave birth. However, Pilgyo was happy with his life. He had his father, friends and the ocean waves.

                ‘What went wrong, Pilgyo?’ Junghyuk thought. He did felt guilty. He and Pilgyo’s father knew Pilgyo had magic, but it was a dangerous one. Pilgyo was born with dark magic as his ability. It caused his mother died when she gave birth. So, Pilgyo father asked Junghyuk to seal Pilgyo’s power before he had any chance to use it.

                Junghyuk sealed it safely and kept it as a secret from the others. But lately, Pilgyo’s magic was getting stronger by each day. Junghyuk knew, Pilgyo was becoming stronger than the rest of them. Junghyuk felt weak, he could not stop Pilgyo’s magic anymore. But he was sure he could lock the magic until the day he dies.

                The magic was at its peak when Pilgyo’s father died. Pilgyo was really emotional and sad. He did not even talk to Junghyuk that day. Junghyuk realized that the magic became stronger if Pilgyo’s emotion went haywire. That day, Junghyuk was not aware the seal was broken.

                Pilgyo has a cursed but gifted body. He has magic, powerful magic that can bring benefits to the world. However, he can’t control it. It will ruin his body, and once Pilgyo drop his blood on the ground, the ground will be cursed. It will worsen when Pilgyo stop breathing, the air will be poisoned. Hence, the organisms living in the Earth will die.            

               Pilgyo thought his father wanted him to be strong, just like his friends. But Ilgook only wanted Pilgyo to learn self defence, so that his blood won’t spill on the ground. He only wanted his son to be healthy, and live harmoniously with the world even though Pilgyo is a curse to the world. Ilgook loved his son as he is. He never thought his son was a curse, even though it was the truth.

              “ARGHHH!!!” The members were shocked by the shout. Sunho pointed his fingers to the left and Minwoo quickly cut the vines to clear their way. Dongwan and Choongjae were ready with their weapons. Junghyuk lead their way and arrived at a beach.

                There were blood stains everywhere. Junghyuk saw Pilgyo lying on the white sand, holding on his open wound. The blood that touched the sand slowly turned the sand black. The trees nearby were wilt. “Ugh, guys...” They rushed to him, Sunho gave Pilgyo the health potion and Dongwan looked out for any enemies.

                Junghyuk sniffed. He smelt blood. “What did you summoned?! Answer me, Pilgyo!” Junghyuk knelt beside Pilgyo.

                “Sorry... I should have listened to you... I accidentally summoned a blood creature… It drained my blood… Cough… cough… be careful… go away from this place, quick! ” Pilgyo coughed out blood.

            “We’re not going anywhere,” stated Junghyuk.

            “He can’t be saved! The wound is already infected and he lost too much blood! What should I do?!” Sunho cried, it was the first time the maknae felt useless. He thought he could heal every injury. He was so scared to lose a friend, yet Pilgyo was like his brother. The thought of losing him made Sunho hurt inside.

            “You guys don’t have to save me... Just let me die, it will make things easier.”

            “You can’t!” Junghyuk said angrily. The other looked at him. “I, I sealed your power not to see you die, pabo!”

            A drop of tear went down on Pilgyo’s cheek. “I know, it’s because I will die with the world.” Junghyuk seemed shocked, but the others were surprised the most. Pilgyo chuckled, and he coughed. “It’s a little bit sad, you know? You’re trying to save me because I will destroy the world.”

            Junghyuk shook his head. He wanted to argue but Pilgyo interrupted him. “I’m sorry about that, but I’m even sorry that I was so selfish. I really should not be born. I am a curse, a terrible curse... cough...” Junghyuk wanted to touch Pilgyo but he avoided it. “Don’t touch me! You will accidentally touch my blood. You can’t! You’ll die in minutes.”

            “How did you know, Pilgyo? I made sure I did not talk about this to anyone but your father.” Junghyuk showed a worried face. Sunho tried to heal Pilgyo but it was hard. He couldn’t even touch Pilgyo. His body was drenched with blood.

            “The creatures told me. They said that I was born to be the apocalypse. I don’t want that... They suddenly went out of control then. I... I’m sorry...” Pilgyo passed out. Sunho panicked.

            Minwoo calmed Sunho down. They were both scared of losing him. Pilgyo was the one that brought them together. “There is a way.” Choongjae suddenly said. The rest looked at him. “We have to sacrifice our bodies and souls.”               

                “I knew all along that you sealed his power. I know you used your body to seal it. But your body has damaged, you can’t help him anymore. We have to revive him, not because of the world, but because we love him. Don’t we?” Dongwan and Choongjae knew about it. Yet they still stood by Pilgyo in his darkest times.

                Sunho and Choongjae nodded. Minwoo kept quiet. They all were quiet. They knew the consequence. They have to sacrifice their body to save Pilgyo, or else the world will end. Junghyuk agreed. They love Pilgyo. And Junghyuk was willing to sacrifice himself. He loves Pilgyo and will always be. “I’m in.”

                They looked at Minwoo. He nodded. “I’ll always follow you, Junghyuk. You're our leader.” They all sat around Pilgyo, holding hands. They looked at Pilgyo, bidding goodbye. Junghyuk casted a spell he learned from Ilgook, Pilgyo’s father. Junghyk had magic too, but it was not black magic. And it was not too powerful, it was just enough to cast this one spell. They wanted Pilgyo live happily, as much as Ilgook wanted to.

                Sunho winced, trying to hold back the pain. Choongjae hugged the man, not wanting to let go until his last breath. Minwoo held Dongwan’s hand tighter. Dongwan looked at Minwoo and kissed him. Junghyuk felt tears down on his cheeks. ‘They will die with the person they love. That is happiness, but knowing my love will stay alive makes me happy. I promise we’ll meet again, Pilgyo.’ They disappeared.

                Pilgyo woke up. He breathed in. He felt pain on his body, and inside. His heart ached. Tears streamed down his face. He sat up and touched the sand. It was red, mixed with his blood. However, he did not know it had his friends’ blood as well.

                “What happened?” Pilgyo went back to the village in confusion. The village was bathed with blood, it smelt disgusting. Pilgyo had to hold his breath. The village was empty. Pilgyo did not know the monster he summoned caused it.

                Luckily, Junghyuk sealed Pilgyo’s magic forever. The monster vanished, but Junghyuk didn’t get to save the villagers. They were sacrificed as well. Pilgyo’s mind suddenly went blank. His mind had already blocked the memories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was not a wonder why Pilgyo had lived for a thousand year. The lives of his friends worth too much, their sacrifices made Pilgyo immortal. And he was like his teenage self, still so young and beautiful. Pilgyo wondered in the Seoul’s street. He wore the most fashionable coat. He learned how to blend in; it was not difficult at all. It is 2012; Pilgyo still had not found his friends.

            Pilgyo was really hurt deep inside. Waiting plus the loneliness, it hurt him the most. He did not want any other friend; he only wanted Junghyuk, Minwoo, Dongwan, Choongjae and Sunho. He missed them too much. He missed the funny moments with them. They are the only one who could make him laugh and forget the pain. He needs them. They are his cure.

                  “There were times when a day felt so long” Pilgyo stopped walking. He recognized the voice. ’Minwoo?’ Pilgyo was truly shocked. He looked around for the singing voice. “There were times when a day felt so long. There were times when time passed so quickly. . All you need to do is keep your footsteps. So you won’t shake.”

                The singing voice was near, Pilgyo ran straight at the end of the road. “The sound we didn’t understand back then. The images we didn’t know back then. The love we didn’t know back then, is coming from over there.” That is Choongjae’s voice. The voice that always makes Pilgyo laughs.

                 Pilgyo looked around as quick as he could. He missed those voices. He missed the laughter. “This longing fills up in me. I rise up in this waiting. Shout out to me so I can hear it once more. Hello hello, hello hello!”  Dongwan, Pilgyo thought, I missed your roughness. Pilgyo ran down the street, still trying to search for the voices.

                 “Yeah, every day I need you. Whenever I’m a bit tired, you became my strength and comforted me. So even if I fall down, I try again.” Junghyuk; Pilgyo missed this voice the most. “And I thank you for that cause I feel the same. Step by step we can walk on this road together. Swear to me that we will never be apart again.” Sunho, the sweet maknae who always care for Pilgyo the most.

                 The music and the voices are even more beautiful than the sound of ocean waves. Pilgyo needed that voices, it is the cure to his loneliness. The voices will always be the most beautiful sound to his ears.  Pilgyo reached the end of the street. There was a crowd surrounding a big stage.

                  Pilgyo cried. He saw them all on a stage, wearing glamorous clothes. There were a writing on the background of the stage; SHINHWA. The crowds were shouting and cheering for them. “ERIC! MINWOO! DONGWAN! ANDY! JUNJIN!” They had a lot of fans. ‘It was true after all.’ Pilgyo learned about reincarnation before. And he hoped that it was not true, because they will forget about him.

                  Junghyuk was really handsome on the stage. The crowds were shouting for him. Minwoo was really charismatic and cheeky on the stage. The crowds had to be charmed by him. Dongwan was cute, it was surprising. He was smiling really broad. Choongjae, he was naughty as ever. He splashed water to the crowds, but they just laughed. Sunho was the most charming. He waved at the crowds, where Pilgyo was.

                  Pilgyo felt like Sunho was waving at him. Pilgyo waved back, smiling at his once friends. His tears were falling down. His friends looked really happy and delighted. ‘It’s enough. It is enough, I’m satisfied. They are all happy and healthy. I hope we can meet again one day, when our path is crossed again. But I’m sure you guys won’t remember me.’

                 Pilgyo turned around. He was walking away. His cheeks and eyes were wet. “JUNG PILGYO! STOP RIGHT THERE!” Pilgyo turned with a shock look on his face. Choongjae was using the microphone to shout his name. “Do you know how hard we have to live and go through all this modern life to find you?”

                 “Yes, hyung. Stay, please don't go." Andy looked at him, his face showing that he was worried about Pilgyo after all this time. "We missed you, why do you want to run away?”

                  Pilgyo shook his head, denying it. He couldn’t answer because he was too shocked. His words were stuck on his tongue. “Yah, pabo! You are not thankful at all, are you? We saved your life and now you are turning your back! You ungrateful brat!” Minwoo clenched his fist; he swore to hit Pilgyo after this.

                 “Don't be like that Minwoo-ah. Come here, Pilgyo! How are you? Have you learned how to breathe under water?” Dongwan smiled warmly. Pilgyo guessed that the reincarnation thing makes him loose his screw. Dongwan was the least to love smiling.

                  Pilgyo shook his head, laughing, his cheeks were already wet with tears. “I still can’t! Dongwan, normal human can’t breathe underwater! They will drown!” Pilgyo smiled at his friends. He could not believe this. It was really hard to find them; it took him almost a thousand year.

                  “Pilgyo-ah. Do you not miss us? We missed you. I missed you. ” Junghyuk was already with the crowds, making way to Pilgyo. He reached his hands to hug Pilgyo, when he did, he hugged Pilgyo tight. He whispered, “I love you.” Pilgyo felt his cheeks hot with the embarrassment.

                   “I love you too, Junghyuk.” Pilgyo whispered back. Junghyuk pulled Pilgyo’s face for a kiss. Minwoo, Dongwan, Choongjae and Sunho cheered on the stage. The crowds gasped and giggled. No one there was disgusted.

            “I’m Eric now, by the way. I don't want to be haunted by the past. So, let’s throw them away and create new memories, shall we?” Eric wiped away Pilgyo’s tears. Pilgyo nodded.

             Eric, being the wise one, knew Pilgyo was traumatized. Back then, Pilgyo actually remembered every moment, but because he hated that memory, Pilgyo built a border in his mind. He blocked his memories himself. Eric had already expected this, when he decided to sacrifice himself. And he did not want Pilgyo to be hurt.

           The guys were reborn into rich families and were together since then. Eric was the only one who had the memories of the past at first. So, he had to hit their heads to make them remember. But Dongwan's head was too hard; Eric had to hit him six times. That's the reason he was so different. Minwoo, Dongwan, Junjin and Andy never blame Pilgyo for what he did.

            Pilgyo was blinded with greed for power. But he still cared for his friends when he refused to do what the monsters told him. In fact, Andy sensed that Pilgyo was searching them for so long. But they were not fated to meet yet. Andy felt pained when Pilgyo was lonely. They were connected, but they were far from each other.

          Eric still got his magic, and the magic was even more powerful. But he was strong, so he could control it easily. He casted spells to make five of them live forever. Not because of greed, but to find Pilgyo, their lost friend. Junghyuk wanted to create more memories with six of them. Eric tried to use his magic to find Pilgyo, but Pilgyo’s body repelled any magic.

                   “Then, what is your name?” Eric asked. The members changed their name. But Minwoo and Dongwan said their names are too pretty. Dongwan had really changed a lot.

                    Pilgyo kept quiet to think. He wanted to be a star, shining through the midnight sky. But a star is too hard to reach. A comet would do. A comet that is fast to aim for a success. A comet that will disappear quickly, but is forever remembered. “Shin Hyesung. I am Hyesung.”

                    “Let’s join us. I remember, you had the most beautiful voice among us.” Yeah, Pilgyo should not worried about his ability, he was special enough. His voice was even sweeter than any other voices that existed. Eric pulled Hyesung’s hand and they climbed on the stage. Junjin gave Hyesung a microphone and gestured him to sing.

                   Hyesung looked at his friends. They were happily smiling. The crowds were happy too. Eric held Hyesung hand as Hyesung opened his mouth. A sweet and angelic voice came out. “Where are you? Do you remember me? Are you listening? Are you well on your way? Like that promise, I’ll meet you at the end of this road.”

                   Pilgyo, or now Hyesung, he did not need any music after that. He had his friends. Hyesung threw away his earphone. He finally could forget the painful past, as he had redeemed the forgiveness from his friends. He was only lying when he said that ocean waves could cover his loneliness. Hyesung realized that. He was lying to himself, he felt sorry because of what he did. He made himself and his friends suffered too much.

                 I will not be lonely on the road anymore. I will try and protect my friends even though I am weak myself. I promise to be honest, brave and grateful. It is enough with all the pretending and lies. I will live happily with them. With my love, Eric, who vowed to walk on the same road with me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On The Road-Shinhwa

Where are you? Do you remember me? Are you listening? Are you well on your way? Like that promise, I’ll meet you at the end of this road.

There were times when a day felt so long. There were times when time passed so quickly. All you need to do is to keep your footsteps. So you won’t shake.

The sounds we didn’t know back then. The images we didn’t know back then. The love we didn’t know back then is coming from over there.

You fill up the sky; you rise up in the sky. As if you’ve already come, called me. The sound I hear is hello, hello.

This longing fills up in me; I rise up in this waiting. Shout out to me so I can hear it once more. Hello, hello, hello, hello.

Yeah, every day I need you. Whenever I’m a bit tired, you became my strength and comforted me. So even if I fall down, I try again.

And I thank you for that. Cause I feel the same. Step by step so we can walk on this road together. Swear to me that we will never be apart again

There were times when I just wanted to sit down. There were times when I wanted to go back. But I know that there is a reason, to this road

You fill up the sky; you rise up in that song. As if you’ve already come, called me. The sound I hear is hello hello

This longing fills up in me,. I rise up in this waiting. Shout out

to me so. I can hear it once more. Hello hello, hello hello

We are walking together, standing on the same road

My heart is filled with you, so I can see you even with my eyes closed

You give me the light to see, I can hear you calling back for me. This promise I’ll always keep. Just Remember that I’ll never leave

You’re doing well, Stay with me. I can hear it too, .I hear you say. Hello hello hello

My heart you got the key, with a new start you set me free. You make me breathe, make me believe. That I’ll do this again and you’re all that I need. I was gone now you found me. I feel the. Love all around me. One thing I know baby I won’t be alone. And never will be again cause I’m on the road

I can see you with my two eyes,. I can hold you with my two arms. Your voice rises up again. Closer, hello hello,. Hello hello

 

In conclusion, this is the reason why Shinhwa are too youthful. They used magic, and that magic made Shin Hyesung as beautiful as ever. ^^ 

Let's create our own legends, too!

 

The End

--------

 

(Leave comments for the Author; Artist)