Speech Development -- written by Chaphy

Shinhwa 17th Anniversary One-Shots

 

TITLE: Speech Development

AUTHOR: chaphy

PAIRING: Ricsyung

GENRE: romance, fluff

DISCLAIMERS: It’s pure fanfiction and wild imagination kekeke

SUMMARY: A story about (married) Ricsyung couple and their (adopted) twins baby boy.

 

 

 

Part 1

Eric and Hyesung were sitting in the living room. Hyesung played on the floor with Hyun Sik - the oldest of their twins adopted boy.

"Now Hyun Sik, how old are you?"                                                  

Hyun Sik giggled and said "Two!"

Hyesung gave him a bite of applesauce.

"And what will you be in a few months?"

Hyun Sik seemed to pause and furrow his eyebrows, sticking his bottom lip out.

'I've gotta get that applesauce...' He thought himself.

"Free!" He said, holding out four fingers.

Hyesung chuckled lightly. "Wow! Hyun Sik's so smart! Isn't he, daddy?" The dark haired man turned around to face his lover of 5 years, who was currently holding a mini-Hyun Sik-kie and making little animal sounds, the other twin, Hyun Ki, giggled and bit the bear on the nose. Even though Hyun Ki was a bit smaller than he should be, he was a violent mother er. Or at least that's what Eric said.

"Yes he is!" Eric smiled and turned to Hyun Sik, and poked him in the tummy.

"Hey... Eric-ah."

"Hm?"

"Hyun Ki hasn't learned any words yet.. has he?"

"No, not that I know of."

"Well I was looking at a little development chart in the doctor's office yesterday when I took Hyun Ki for his check up."

"And?"

"And I noticed that he was supposed to at least be able to say mommy or daddy at around a year and a half- but he's almost 3." Hyesung took Hyun Sik in his arms and sat him in lap.

"He'll catch up, it's nothing you should worry about." Eric continued to play with Hyun Ki.

***

As soon as Hyesung put Hyun Sik down for a nap, he took Hyun Ki out of the little baby swing with ducklings on it, making Hyun Ki whine in protest. Hyesung turned the light out and closed the door carefully.

"C'mon, babe, it won't be that bad!" Hyesung smiled and patted a scowling Hyun Ki on the back.

"Eric-ah!" Hyesung called while walking down the hall. "Come down here for a sec!"

Eric came down the stairs shortly after - finding his lover and their child sitting on the couch playing peek-a-boo. Well, not actually playing... more like Hyesung would cover his eyes and uncover them- saying "Peek-a-boo!" and Hyun Ki would just swat at his hand and stick his bottom lip out. Hyun Ki seemed to prefer Eric over Hyesung.

"What's the matter?" The Leader said, taking a seat by the two. Hyun Ki reached his hands out for his dad- grinning madly.

"Hey, little man!" Eric took his small son in his strong arms, Hyun Ki put his hands on the man's shoulder's and jumped up and down, laughing.

"Okay, Hyun Ki, say... dada?" Hyesung asked the toddler.

Hyun Ki looked at Hyesung and back at Eric, very confused.

Eric decided to join in and asked, "Can you say dada?"

Hyun Ki shook his head and made a whining sound.

"Sure you can, I'm dada," Eric put a finger to his chest. "Say dada."

Hyun Ki stared into his father's eyes, blinking twice before saying-

"Bowl."

"What?" The two adults said in unison.

"BOWL!" Hyun Ki giggled loudly and hugged his 'bowl'.

"My bowl!"

Hyesung burst out in laughter- making Hyun Ki laugh too.

"N-no! I'm 'dada' or 'dad' or something, I'm not a bowl!"

"A-lub... bowl!" Hyun Ki snuggled into Eric's chest.

"Awww!" Hyesung cooed, "He loves bowl." he poked the taller man on the shoulder.

"At least he can identify me!"

"At least doesn't identify me by bowl."

Eric frowned and scrunched up his nose.

"Now, Hyun Ki, say Papa!"

Hyun Ki puckered his lips a few times, as if he wasn't sure if he'd make the right sound, before-

"Pap Pap."

"AW!"

"C'mon!" Eric slapped his forhead.

"Bowl!" Hyun Ki did the same and put a chubby hand on his forehead.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Part 2

 

Hyun Ki giggled and pushed Hyun Sik down on the floor, climbing on top of the slightly older and bigger toddler.

"Muffy DOWN!"

"How many times do I have to tell you... His name is Hyun Sik not Muffy."

"Meany Pap Pap!" Hyun Ki stuck out his tongue and got off of Hyun Sik was oblivious as to what was going on and lied there watching his twin brother.

"Hey, Hyun Ki! You don't talk to Papa like that, understand?" Eric scolded. He put down his news paper and picked Hyun Sik up. Hyun Sik grabbed Eric by the cheeks and kissed him on the nose with a "Daddy!" Eric and Hyesung smiled at their son's actions.

"Yew Shuddup... BOWL!" Said Hyun Ki, pointing warningly at his Father with a chubby finger. Eric's eye twitched. Their son had recently become quite talkitive- meaning the parents had to watch their mouths more carefully than before.

Hyesung gently swatted Hyun Ki's hand down, scolding him for saying such things.

"Hyun Ki, shutup is a bad word- don't say that!" Eric bent down to Hyun Ki and explained.

Hyun Ki plopped down, his pull-up cushioning his fall. He sniffled and teared up.

"Why Bowl be meany?" Eric sat Hyun Sik down, who looked bored and trotted away to do his baby business.

"I'm not being mean, that's a bad word." Eric was this close to breaking. He couldn't stand to see Hyun Ki sad!

Hyun Ki's tears ran down his rosy cheeks and he brought soft, chubby little fists to his eyes, rubbing them. "BOWL IS MEANY! MEANY BOWL! WAAHH!" Hyun Ki threw his fit, effectively disturbing the whole block- who knew by now it was just 'Eric's kid'.

"W- Hyun Ki, please don't cry! Daddy's sorry!" Eric hugged Hyun Ki and apologized over and over. What he didn't see was toddler's smirk.

"Damn, Eric-ah. Hyun Ki OWNS you." Hyesung smirked and leaned back on his hands with a lop-sided grin.

"He does not; I just don't like seeing him cry. He's fragile." He held little Hyun Ki in his arms.

"He's got you on a leash."

"He does not!"

"Bowl! Horsey!" Hyun Ki threw his hands up in the air and shouted.

"Eh- Come on, how about we go... play in your room instead?"

Hyun Ki teared up and gave his daddy his best puppy dog eyes.

"... fine."

"YAY!" Hyun Ki threw his hands around Eric's neck, kissing his cheek.

Just then Hyun Sik walked back into the room- he sat in his Papa’s lap and saw Hyun Ki try to hoist himself up on his daddy's back.

"Damn, daddy. Hyun Ki have yew on a leash." Hyun Sik said in pout.

 

THE END

 

 

(Leave comments for the Author; Artist)