Pink -- written by Psychedlove

Shinhwa 17th Anniversary One-Shots

TITLE: PINK

AUTHOR: Psychedlove

PAIRING: he/she

(he)- could be any one from shinhwa, preferably your bias

(she)- could be original character, preferably you

GENRE: one-shot; slight romance; crackfic

DISCLAIMERS: I have posted this on Tumblr before so this may be familiar to some, or not. ^^ Sorry not betaed. May come off as OCC. This is a part of a series but can be treated as stand alone.

SUMMARY: He can't get her out of his mind. She's got a bad idea herself.

 

 

 

 

 

Dinner with candle light in a fancy restaurant. A beautiful girl in front of you. Sipping wine while doing small talks. Great ambiance. This is perfect. Or at least that’s what he’s been trying to convince himself with. But it’s not helping if somebody else’s face keeps swimming in and out of his mind. 

“Oppa, are you ok?” 

“Oh, yeah. Just remembered something. Sorry.”

“Okay.” Smiling at him. He gave a strained one back.

Dinner’s done. But he has no plan to drive her date home instead he fetches a taxi and tries to send her off that way.

“Thank you for dinner.”

“You’re welcome. And apologies if I wasn’t the best company.” He crinkled his nose.

“No, it was nice. Though, you just seem to be really preoccupied. Whatever that is I hope you settle it soon.”

“Yeah, thanks for understanding”

She gave him a kiss on the cheeks, smiling slightly before she went inside the taxi.

He kept looking at the moving car but his mind is still elsewhere. He weight on the event on this night. His date was a good catch. She’s even his type. Though he knew she’s genuinely interested in him he knew also he blew it. But why doesn’t he feel a slightly regretful?

While driving back home he continues to think about her. No, not his date but her. Her.

He’s feeling that stitch in his chest again. He smiled. Then he checks himself that this isn’t right.

He tries to remember his date’s kiss. Pink lips. She did pink lips once too. But even without lipstick hers is pink. Now he cursed at himself. He should stop really. And like what his date said, he needs to settle it. 

He reached his home close to midnight feeling all tired when all he practically did was sit and eat. Truly mental activity is more tiring than a physical one.

Walking inside his apartment and climbing the stairs, trying push her back of his mind to no avail.

Then suddenly when he looked up, there at his floor’s landing, he saw her. Huddled up and sitting at the last flight of the stair, close to his door.

He could’ve sworn he was hallucinating coz she’s been in his mind the whole time. But then she stirred and called out.

“Oppa, where have you been?”

“What are you doing here?” he ask unbelievingly.

“Were you out on a date?”

“What?”

“Lipstick.” then she points on his cheeks the kiss mark that was left.

He hastily swiped it off the sleeve of his shirt. He looked up at her. He can’t see her face clearly, the stairway is kinda dark and the only source of light was the moon peeking from the window.

“Had fun?” he could’ve sworn he heard a slight sarcasm in her voice

“No.”

“Really? Looked like you enjoyed it” she’s not convinced

“How will I if somebody kept bothering me”

“Who?”

“You.”

“How’s that? I wasn’t even there.” she stood up

“True but you were in my mind the whole time”

“Oh”

They were both silent for a while, embarrassed. Two silhouettes in the moonlight.

He tries to catch her eyes but he wasn’t even sure if she’s looking. But she is. And she’s trying to make sense of what he just said.

He climbed the rest of the stairs and stopping right next to her. Now she can see her face.

"How long have you been waiting?"

"Long enough. It’s ok."

“, what are you doing here really? I thought you’re not gonna come here anymore”

“I know but I wanted to do something. But I am not sure. I.. I..” she’s really hesitating

He sighed.

“Wanna come in?”

“No, I don’t intend to. Best if I should just go.” she turned away from him and started to go down.

“You’ll just go? Just like that? Are you not even gonna tell me why you came?” he’s getting impatient

She stopped on her tracks, few steps down on him. She craned her neck and looked up to him.

“I was being rash again. Better if you don’t know. It’s not a good idea after all.” she said

“You’re here already, just what is it?”

She was squinting at him. Weighting her options, she could just go and leave. But he’s waiting. And she really wanted him to know too.

“You really want to?” she’s climbing back up

“Yeah”

“Really oppa?” slowly ascending

“Yes really” not taking his eyes away from her. Then they were standing close, facing each other again. He seems to be leaning on her, and her to him. His heart is beating so fast like it’s going to burst. And then there’s that anticipation that something big is coming.

“What is it?” he bravely asked one more.

“A bad idea.”

But before he could decide if it is, she cupped his face with her hands and closed in on him.

And all he saw was her pink lips before it met his.


THE END

 

You can reach the Author at psychedlove.tumblr.com

You can reach the Artist at miclargeone.tumblr.com