Did Not See That Coming

What Makes Us Similar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The date with Jungkook had been more than Namjoon had expected. He enjoyed himself immensely; he felt wanted and appreciated. He enjoyed Jungkook's company, and there was no denying that the man was incredibly attractive. Jungkook is definite relationship material. With Jungkook, there is the possibility of a future.

So then why the hell is Taehyung all I can think about?

"Aissh," Namjoon sits up in his bed.

His rest had been fitful, for the past two nights he thoughts focused on the look on Taehyung's face when he walked out to find him and Jungkook kissing. He's an adult, Taehyung is a child. He should not be affected. But he is, he wants to know what the look meant.

Was Taehyung jealous? Was he hurt? Was he just surprised that someone like Jungkook found Namjoon attractive?

"Damn it what does it mean? Ahhh, why do I care?" Namjoon yells.

He gets up and walks to the kitchen. 

It's Monday, and not only is he tired. But he has butterflies the size of dragons in his stomach. Today was his meet up with Taehyung day for their project. Today they start the journey to find out what makes them similar. 

Namjoon is both excited and stupidly nervous. The younger boy has his emotions turned upside down. Namjoon knows he shouldn't be smitten. Knows that he should be acting like the adult, he is, and not like the high schooler, he is pretending to be. 

He sighs as he swallows down his morning soup. After breakfast he has his shower, and gets dressed for school. 

He decided to take the bus to school instead of his usual drive to park at the mart. He needs time to clear his mind.

He stands at the bus stop lost in thought and nearly jumps out of his skin when a hand lands on his shoulder.

Chanyeol is right I need to get that under control.

He turns around, and his greeted by Mr. Kim.

"Morning Sir," Namjoon bows politely.

"Taking the bus today?" The teacher asks soft smile spread on his lips.

"Nae, my brother is unable to take me today," Namjoon is surprised at how easy lying has become.

"Aww, your brother. Yes, I remember you saying you live with your brother. What does your brother do?"

Namjoon scrambles for and answer, but is saved when the bus pulls up distracting the teacher from his query.

They bus ride to school is enjoyable as Mr. Kim is regals the younger with stories about his life, revealing bits and pieces of his character. Namjoon can't help but like the sweet teacher. He bemoans the fact that he never had a teacher like this when he was in high school for real. He learns that his teacher is quite the kid at heart, by his own confession he has an "extensive Mario collection". He also learned that the man had thought about going to school to be a chef, but chose teaching instead because he wanted to make a difference. 

They exit the bus when they come to their stop. 

"I'll see you in class later," Mr. Kim says as he walks away.

"Nae," Namjoon bows again.

His phone vibrates in his pocket. He has a good thirty minutes before his class starts. He sit on a bench and answers the call. 

"Hello," Namjoon answers.

"Hey, it's me. How was the date?" Chanyeol is chopping at bits for info. "Jungkook is all smiley and . You too didn't, you know, do the horizontal mambo, right?" 

"What?! Hyung!" Namjoon almost drops his phone in shock.

"I'll take that as a no. Then you must have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter