Wait. What?

What Makes Us Similar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon watches in awe and disbelief as Jungkook makes his way towards him. 

"Jungkook, w-what are you doing here?" Namjoon asks the shock of seeing the other man still lingers in his tone.

"Hey hyung, did you miss me?" The boy winks and gives Namjoon a mischievous smile.

Namjoon blushes.

"W-what are you doing here?" He whispers the question as the man takes a seat next to him.

"I, said I wanted to get to know you better, didn't I?" Jungkook answers as though pretending to be a high school student to know Namjoon better was the most logical action in the world.

"So you enrolled in high school?" Namjoon can't hide his amazement.

"Uh-huh," Jungkook answers as he sits down, and takes out his books. "Plus I like school," and Namjoon smiles because he can tell the man isn't lying.

Jungkook, Mr. Sauve is a secret nerd?

Namjoon smiles despite himself.

He stares at the man with a new found awe and settles himself back in his seat.

Class continues with Namjoon taking small peeks every once in a while to his right as though to verify Jungkook was not just in his imagination. He has conflicting feelings about the man being here, but he is not sure why. Had this happened last year or even the beginning of this year Namjoon would not have been able to contain his joy at having his feeling reciprocated. But for some unknown reason, he feels a tiny bit of trepidation rising within him. He likes Jungkook, likes him a lot and will not deny his attraction to the man. He feels safe when Jungkook is around, and he finds the confidence the man oozes y as hell.

But...

The "but" he won't allow his mind to consider. The "but" is underaged and still in high school. The "but" is the leader of a pretty boy gang, whose goal in life seems to be to make Namjoon as uncomfortable as possible. The "but" is sitting two seats behind him, and Namjoon wants to know what the boy's reaction was to Jungkook's appearance.

He shakes his head; no he does not wish to know Taehyung's reaction to Jungkook's being there.

Taehyung is NOT and option, but Jungkook is.

With that Namjoon makes a grown up decision.

The bell rings signaling the end of class.

"What class do you have next?" Jungkook asks as they pack up their things.

"Econ," Namjoon replies, "What about you?"

"Gym," Jungkook says almost gleefully, "I forgot how much fun school is."

Namjoon smiles again, yup, total nerd.

"Hey want to meet up after school?" Jungkook asks.

"I can't today. I am meeting my sociology partner after school today." Namjoon answers. Jungkook's face falls but brightens again when Namjoon adds, "maybe we can meet up after that."

"Yeah, sure. We could get dinner or something."

"Sounds, like a plan."

Jungkook smiles as they walk out the door. "It's a date," he yells in Namjoon's direction.

The blonde man blushes again and turns to and head to his next class. He is shocked to see Taehyung standing in front of him.

"We still on for after school today?" There is something in the boy's tone that Namjoon can't place. 

"Nae," Namjoon feels suddenly shaky and apprehensive at the thought of spending time alone with Taehyung. His glasses slip as though feeling the same, and it takes several tries to get them back into place.

"Good, I was thinking the library. But I dislike being locked inside," The boy starts. "How about we meet at the library and decide where to go after that?"

Namjoon knows he is staring, he also knows he should give some form of an answer. But all he can do is stand there dumbfounded because it feels like Taehyung just asked him out.

"Yes or no?" Taehyung is looking at him, and again Namjoon sees something in the boy's eyes that he can't quantify.

"Uhmm, yeah that should be okay, he needs to get away. Taehyung is causing his brain not to work. 

"I have to go I don't want to be late for class," he starts walking down the hall, "I'll see you after school." 

Taehyung doesn't respond as he walks away, and Namjoon wonders if he imagined the flicker in the boy's eyes.

 

"So who's the hottie?" Jimin asks as he sits down next to Namjoon dropping his backpack to the ground with a thud.

"Hottie?" Namjoon plays dumb. Jungkook was indeed hot. The collective gasps of the female students at his introduction was enough validation.

"Seriously, you're going to play dumb?" Jimin gives a look that screams, 'really'?!

"You mean Jungkook? He's a friend from my last school," Namjoon lies.

"Not to be mean hyung, but you were friends with someone that looks like that?"

"Not really. Our friendship is a recent development.

"Ohhh," Jimin says.

"What do you mean by, oh?" Namjoon asks.

"Well, you're sorta different now. I don't know how exactly. But you're different from how you were when you first started."

Jimin doesn't get to expound because the teacher called the class to attention. 

As he sits through economics his mind wonders to what Jimin just said, Hoseok had said something similar about Namjoon being different. He doesn’t feel any different, not really. But a part of him knows he has changed.

The day continues without much incident, and Namjoon had all but forgotten about his study date with Taehyung. But as he sits in his final class of the day he can't ignore the fact that his heart rate has started to rise. The closer it gets to the end of the class the hotter he begins to feel and the more he starts to sweat. 

Namjoon is nervous.

He contemplates calling Chanyeol, but that would only get him teased.

He wills for time to stand still, but it doesn't and as the bell rings announcing the end of class Namjoon's heart triples in speed. He slowly packs up his desk and makes his way to the library.

He gets to the library first and looks around, but does not see Tae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter