The Week Before

Backfired
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ah.. Finally," Xion said after wiping her forehead from the small amount of sweat that was appearing. She looked over at the 4 posters that she had made for the play, and was filled with happiness because she captured each concept that she was going for. She laughed at her paint-stained clothes and hands, but this is what she lived for. She enjoyed every second of blending paint colors together, transitioning  paint brushes for the precise texture and size she was going for, giving details to her paintings, and having people enjoy what she had created. It was hard work that paid off like no other. 

She went into the bathroom to wash her hands off, and fixed her messed up hair from insane concentration. She smiled at herself, mainly because she was content with life. Her date was a week from today, her mom was getting used to being away from her home and the presence of Xion made things better, and she finally made a little business pertaining to her paintings, sketches, and digital graphics. Adults and the elderly would request for her to draw or paint something big enough to put in a frame in their home, and in return she would be given money, and a moderate of amount of it. 

Xion looked over at the time. 4:34 PM. She shrugged and walked over to her closet, then picked out a t-shirt and some sweats. She desperately needed a shower after spending the day finishing up a painting, and starting up another one. 

She decided to sit in her bed after the hour long shower, and closed her eyes. Her back was worn out for the day, and the thought of doing another painting was minor, but she didn't have the strength to. She was actually worn out from it for once, but she knew she'd be good as new the next day. Her thoughts were shortly interrupted once her mom came in to check up on her before going to work for the rest of the night. Her mother's strange working hours were merely the reason for her leaving so shortly, because she wanted to see her at least once before she had to leave and not come back until about 1 or 2 in the morning. "Xion, are you awake?," her mother asked.

Xion nodded with her eyes still shut, but opened them once she heard steps approaching closer to her. Her mother kissed the top of her damp head, and grinned at her. Xion hugged her tightly, and asked, "Do you have to keep on working at these hours? Can't you get them changed later on?"

"I wish I could, but I have to keep up with this until I've worked long enough to request to change my hours." Xion sighed, and smiled warmly towards her mom. 

"Be safe, okay mom?" Her mother nodded and walked out of Xion's room to head to work. 

Xion got out of her bed and walked over to the kitchen, and started making something that she learned when she was younger. She took out a bag of rice out of the cabinet and some vegetables and meat from the fridge. She rinsed the vegetables and then grabbed a knife t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter