Heal Me

Thinking Out Loud
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Author's Note: 

Hi!

Please leaves thoughts/reactions to the chapter in the comments below. Your feedback is really encouraging. So, please review/comment.

Also, welcome new subscribers and thanks always to my loyal readers! 

Hope you enjoy!

 

XX

When she answers his call, the first thing she notices is the sulky, weary tone of his voice and her brow instinctively wrinkles in concern. “Wae-yo? Gwenchana?” she asks.  She can picture him on the other end of the line with eyes squeezed shut, possibly fighting a headache and shoulders tensed.

 

Jackson, who is normally already easily exasperated, has been spread too thin lately with various schedules.  Youngji can sense Jackson’s patience and energy are running at record lows these days.  As Jackson’s popularity rises because of his hard work and many activities unfortunately so, do the toll living as an idol takes on him mentally and physically. 

 

Normally, a call home to his mom will have the desired healing effect, but ever the good son, Jackson does not want his mom to worry about him any more than she already does, and often shields her from this down side of his chosen profession.

 

“Eo, gidaryeo. I’ll be over soon.” Youngji replies after listening to Jackson’s explanation of what he is feeling. She hurriedly tosses her phone in her bag, and begins preparing to leave for Got7’s dorm building.  Jackson listens for the click of the line before he lets his phone slip out of his grasp near his side.  He does not open his eyes once.

 

He does not know how quite to describe his current condition. Even his days as a national athlete were not as grueling as this. He feels sore all over his body. He is restless and tired, but just cannot get to sleep, mind racing with thoughts. 

 

When Jackson reaches this level of fatigue, he automatically seeks Youngji.  What he needs is a certain comfort that only she can give him; a sympathetic ear and shoulder to lean on.  Youngji is his sounding board; listening to his any and every thought, lets him vent out his frustrations without judgement, and is the voice of wisdom when he needs it.

 

Youngji is a calming force in his life, not unlike his parents, where just being around them makes him feel at ease and remove all of his burdens. She knows what she means to him and she never hesitates to give him her own brand of tender love and care. 

 

(For Youngji, the feeling is mutual.  If not for Jackson, she does not know how she could have gotten through KARA’s disbandment and the uncertain future.  Jackson was her rock, unwavering in his support and encouragement.)

 

XX

 

Mark buzzes Youngji in and BamBam greets her at the door when she shows up to their apartment less than thirty minutes later.  “Annyeong, Bam-ah.” she replies while handing over a bag filled with cheese and choco-muffins she had the last minute sense to grab, not wanting to show up empty-handed.  He accepts the pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter