Part 4

잊어 || Forgotten [Kaisoo fanfic]

Jongin wakes up and finds a pink post-it note on the bedside table.

Return coat to Chanyeol.

He gets up, puts on his old grey dressing gown, leaving it open and free to swish around him as he walks downstairs towards the fridge.

"Good morning," Kyungsoo greets him with a smile.

Jongin ignores him and opens the fridge, eyes scanning through its contents and hands moving food and bottles around.

"What are you looking for?" Kyungsoo asks, patience clear in his voice.

"Chanyeol's coat."

A sigh.

Jongin feels Kyungsoo moving behind him, hands reaching for his to stop his frantic search.

"His coat hasn't been here for years."

He looks at Kyungsoo and suddenly he remembers: past, it was raining outside. Him, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol coming to his house and Chanyeol forgetting his coat when he left. He remembers Kyungsoo, a younger Kyungsoo . He was laughing, shaking his head, joking about how Baekhyun will get mad since he brought him the coat.

Jongin moves quickly into the living room and looks for his phone, Kyungsoo following him closely with a worried frown.

"What are you doing now?"

"I just remembered, Baekhyun."

"What about him?"

"I never called him to tell him that Chanyeol left his coat here."

Kyungsoo looks as Jongin crouches down to look for his mobile under the couch. He doesn't have the heart to tell him that they went to Baekhyun's funeral just a week ago. Jongin will remember, in his own time.