Chapter 7 - The 100%

The Disappearing Loneliness

(Yuzuru's POV)

I was shocked when there was a sudden grip on my hand, some coughing came along with the grip.

I got up and looked around, trying to figure out what was happening. I was sitting on the floor with my head resting on a bed, sleeping, and the one coughing and gripping my hand is... Y-Yulia!?

Now i remember! Yulia was sick and she...umm... wanted me to be by her side and... i accidently fell asleep...

I grabbed the bottle of water beside me and gave it to the coughing Yulia.

"Yulia, drink some water."

She let go of my hand and slightly opened her eyes. She took the bottle and drank it.

"Thanks." She said as she passed the bottle back to me.

"How do you feel?" I asked as i went to refill the bottle with a jar of water across the room.

"Better." As usual, one word answers.

"You sure?" I put the bottle down and went to her.

She didnt look as worse as before. I placed my hand on her forehead to test her temperature.

"Well, your fever's definately better than before." I looked at her and her face turned red.

"W-what? Why are you blushing?" I pulled my hand back and turned around, covering my face, hiding my hot and pink face.

"I-im not, its fever, yes, fever. Im still not 100% recovered yet." She defended as she got up from bed.

"By the speed you got up and not getting dizzy means you're fine." I argued.

"Explain my cough then." She demanded.

I just looked at her, thinking what to say. The end of her lips slowly went up which led mine to do the same thing and we laughed.

"You're definately better."

"Just better, not 100%." 

"Yeah, physically and mentally."

"What?"

"No, nothing."

Suddenly, a huge growl appeared.

"I'll pretend i have never heard that." I said as Yulia placed her hands on her stomach.

"I'll wait outside while you change your clothes, they're covered in sweat, and we'll go to the food lounge for dinner." I stood up and walked towards the door.

"Dinner?" She asked as she got out of bed and walked towards her bags.

"You slept for 8 hours." I said before going out.

"You mean we." She stated.

"Yes, we. Now change, im hungry." I closed the door.

Gosh, how can she be so blunt. Urgh, im blushing.

I looked at my hand and gripped it, the feeling of her hand remained.

Why am i feeling like this? Argh my heart's beating so fast. What's wrong with me!?

The door opened as i squatted with my hands ruffling my hair, thinking -freaking out- .

Yulia stood there and stared at me, frowning and looking confused.

"Uhhhh, that's fast." I cleared my throat as i stood up, "i mean, let's go." 

I gave an awkward smile.

She ignored me and went straight ahead to the elevator.

Sigh, im an idiot.

(Yulia's POV)

I patted my cheeks as they were burning up.

Gosh Yulia, what were you saying!? Dont go and correct a person when they dont want to mention the fact that both of you slept together! I mean slept on the same bed... okay im making it worse...

I shook my head and changed as fast as i could to distract myself. Plus, i dont want Yuzu to wait too long.

I put my clothes in a plastic bag and put it into my luggage.

I opened the door just to see a person -Yuzu- squatting and his hands on the sides of his head with messy hair.

'What is this...' i thought.

"That's fast," he stood up and cleared his throat, "i mean, let's go." He then beamed an awkward smile.

IGNORE THIS WEIRD PERSON is what i thought.

I just turned and walked towards the elevator.

A huge sigh could be heard. I slowed down my footsteps so that he could follow.

"Your hair's really messy." That was the only thing i could think of to break the silence in the elevator.

Yuzu snapped out of his daydreaming. He quickly ruffled his hair back to the shape he wanted it to be using the reflection of the elevator walls.

"Thanks." He said after he finished.

The door opened as soon as i nodded to him as response. We walked to the food lounge just to see Ten Demons and Miss Moa sitting at a table chatting.

They saw us and waved to us, 
signaling us to go to them.

"How's your fever?" Miss Moa asked.

"Better..." i answered softly.

"Degree?" Ten Demons asked.

I straight away looked at Yuzu for help.

"Uhh, we didnt have a thermometer with us so we're not sure but we're certain that her temperature has decreased." He felt my glance and answered.

"Wait, i think i have one with me," Miss Moa said as she started ruffling through her bag, "there! Found it! Come here." She put down her bag and reached out her left arm.

I walked to her and we measured my body temperature through my ear.

"36.8°C , still a bit high but i think she can participate our next event, Denis?" She turned to Ten Demons.

"I dont mind whether she participates or not," he answered and looked at me, which made me shudder since its the glance from a 'demon'.

"Let's see, the next event is the courage test. Oh the courage test... i dont think you should participate, hun. Its quite scary and im afraid you might faint in the middle of the test." Miss Moa looked through the tentatif and suggested.

To be honest, i quite want to participate, since this might be a once in a life time chance...

"It'll be fine if im with her right?" Yuzu suddenly asked which led all the attention to him.

"What?" Ten demons frowned. OMG... he seems angry... -actually its just his face-

"I-i mean like, she might sweat alot more during the test a-and... and... yeah... and get better..." he was stammering, "but just in case she really faints, I'm her partner so i should be... would be... beside her or atleast around her... right?" He asked carefully.

"Yuzu is such a good boy!" Miss Moa smiled, "but the test is actually walking in the dark with only the help of natural light, meaning the moonlight and such. Its an individual task so there's no guarantee will you be around her or not."

But i want to participate...

"Denis! Mao! Guess what, i just thought of something great for the next event, instead of having the students walking around in the dark alone, we can set up some creepy stuff and the students can go in pairs. Hey why arent you two giving response?" 
Mr Tart came in suddenly and started babbling which caused us to look at him blankly, taking some time to digest what he was saying.

"Oh my God, you kids are here. When were you here, why are you here? Shouldn't you be picking up rubbish?" He finally realized our existence.

"She was the one that's sick and he's her partner." Ten demons answered before we could, "your idea is fine but we need to discuss with the facilitators."

"No prob! Mai is bringing the students here for dinner, we should start preparing now." Mr Tart gave a thumbs up.

"You two wait here for dinner, we'll think about the event so you can participate." Miss Moa said to us before leaving the room with Ten Demons and Mr Tart.

A sudden growl from my stomach again.

"You're lucky that they didn't hear that..." Yuzu was restraining himself from laughing.

I just shot a glare at him, he looked away, still trying to not laugh.

"Yulia!! Are you okay now? How do you feel?? Do you feel dizzy? Huh?" Kana suddenly came in and started touching me all over.

"K-kana, wait, calm down," Yuzu and Javi pulled her away, "her temperature went down, stop worrying-"

"-and molesting Yulia..." Javi added which made Kana hit him.

Kana turned back to me with worried eyes, i responded with a nod.

"Find your seat, we'll have dinner now and later you'll have an hour break to wash yourselves up and then it'll be our next event." Miss Mia left instructions before going outside, "enjoy your meal!!"

It was a buffet style dinner, the students rushed to get the food right after Miss Mia left the room.

Kana and I find seats while Yuzu and Javi went to get the food. We chose the best spot, not under the aircond so it doesn't get too cold, not beside the walls as it gets hot.

"Yulia, so you're fine now?" Kana asked as we sat down side by side.

"My fever went down and i don't feel dizzy so i guess im fine." I answered together with a nodded.

"That's good to hear but that's not what i meant."

I frowned and blinked a few times, confused.

"I mean you and Yuzu." She said carefully.

"Oh... yeah, we're fine now... i think..."

"What do you mean 'i think'?!"

"Something like 'im not sure'?"

"No, i didnt literally want to know what's 'i think' but jus-" her sentence was cut off suddenly as the boys came with trays of food.

"You were loud." Javi stated as her sat opposite of Kana.

"Shut up..." Kana stuck out her tongue.

"Fine, dont eat this." Javi pulled the tray towards hinself.

"Selfish."

"Hey, you started it."

"What?! I was just talking!"

"Loudly, yeah."

"WHA-"

"Kana!" Yuzu called out while i pulled Kana to get herself together.

She was just a step away from slamming onto the table and shouting.

"Sorry..." she drank a sip of juice to calm down.

"Sorry about that." Javi apologized too.

We turned into the only table that's silent in the whole lounge.

"What's with this emo situation? Come on, liven this up!" Yuzu tried to break the heavy atmosphere.

"Funny that it's coming from you, the one who started this since yesterday." Javi was hinting something and i -all of us- totally get it.

Yuzu and I looked at each other and looked back at Javi.

"What?"

"That means they're already fine, idiot." Kana explained.

"What?! Really?! Omg im so sorry Yuzu, i didnt mean that, seriously, sorry..." Javi jumped in shock and started apologizing for his harsh 'hinting'.

Yuzu only smiled and turned to all of us, "can we eat now?"

We smiled and nodded. Then we started eating.

"So, tell us, how and when did you two become fine again?" Javi asked.

Just like always, i dumped the question to Yuzu by staring at him.

He sensed my intensive stare and answered, "well nothing much, just... apologize..."

Silence between us.

"That's all?" Javi asked in a dumbfounded tone.

"What else do you think? Shout this shout that and then shake hands?" Yuzu answered sarcastically.

"I dont know, something more... interesting?"

Yuzu, i warn you, if you dare say that i cried, im gonna kill you.

"We're not in a tv drama or a fanfic or anything, interesting dramatic stuff will not happen often." Kana joined the conversation.

"Really? Im pretty sure someone is making stories of us."

"Like God?"

"Maybe, not sure... AH!" Javi suddenly shouted.

"What?" We looked at him curiously, he was staring at Yuzu and my tray -we're sharing trays while Javi and Kana share one- .

"That eggroll..." he reached out his chopsticks, slowly moving towards the eggroll on our tray, like a predator sighting a prey.

"No, not yours." Yuzu pushed his chopsticks away.

"What? Dont be selfish! Yuzu~~" he whined.

"Not yours, hers." He picked up the eggroll and place it on my plate.

"Thanks." I thanked him and immediately ate it.

"Yuzu! No, i mean, Yulia! You two... meanie!" He pouted and continued eating from his own tray.

Kana laughed while Yuzu and i looked at each other, sharing a laugh of evil.

We finished eating and went for a bath.

Yuzu and I moved our bags from Miss Mia and Moa's room to the large room where all the students are going to sleep tonight.

We then gathered in the lobby waiting for the next event.

(Author's POV)

"Alright everyone! Now its time for... NIGHTWALKING!!!!" Miss Mia announced and some of the students cheered.

"All of you will walk in pairs through the routes given. Does anyone of you have torchlights? If you do, bring it out and pass them to the front." Miss Moa continued.

The students passed their torchlights to the front.

"Dont think that you can bring one with you, no phones, no torchlights, no things that create light cause you'll know... wait... you WONT know what's going to happen to you." Mr Tart smirked a little and slightly pointed at Ten Demons' direction.

Coincidently Ten Demons turned around and has his usual -angry-like- expression on.

Some students flinched on the sight.

The students took out their phones and somehow there's even a light stick and they passed it to the teachers.

"Yulia! You have a phone!?" Javier asked in shock as Yuzuru, Yulia and Kanako passed their phones to Javier, signaling him to pass it to the teachers.

The three frowned at Javier.

"What? Its not like you two know her number." He pointed at Yuzuru and Kanako.

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have a phone." Yuzuru, followed by Kanako who made a 'duh' face.

"But..." he sighed and ignored his friends, giving up on resisting his 'stupidity'.

He then turned to Yulia, "so, whats your number?"

Yulia stared at him blankly and shrugged.

"You mean you don't know your own number...?"

"It means even if she tells you now, you wont be able to remember it until we get our phones back anyways right?" Yuzuru decoded Yulia's action.

"Oh, that makes sense. Sorry. But do remember to give us your number later kay? Easier to keep contact."

Yulia nodded as response.

Miss Moa then gathered everyone in pairs -with their partners- . The facilitators then gave a breifing of what to do and what NOT to do during the nightwalk.

The facilitators brought everyone into a forest route and went deep into the forest. They instructed the students to sit down and repeated the rules again, this time with scary stories included.

Yuzuru glanced at Yulia, wondering was she frightened. In his suprise -not really- , Yulia wasnt paying attention, she was looking around touching the tree trunks, the grass and staring astray.

Meanwhile, the other girls were moving around, bothered by the dirt and insects, and of course, the scary stories.

They were warned to NOT wait for their friends as one of stories was about...

---
A person told his friend to wait for him if he was chosen to go first. When it was the person's turn, he saw his friend standing infront with his back facing towards him. He called out to his friend, but there was no answer. He thought it was a joke and went to pat his friend's shoulder. His friend turned his head 180° to him, crackling sounds coming from his neck, his eyes were closed and he was pale.

The person was frightened and stepped back, calling his friend's name with his trembling voice. His friend opened his eyes and a smirk appeared. His eyes were black as if it would lead you to an endless black hole. The person was terrified and his legs gave up on him. Soon, blood started coming out of his friend's eyes and mouth, still smirking and staring dead at the now fallen person.

He started moving towards the person, leaving a trail of blood on the dirt road and later, onto the person, like a snail leaving a trail of slime. The person fainted as he couldnt endure what he was going through.

When the person woke up, it was already morning. He woke up with his friend sleeping at his bedside, he remembered the scenes from the night before and moved away from his friend as fast as possible.

The friend woke up by the commotion the person made. He stated that the person was found laying on the road, with blood all over him. The person asked what happened to his friend and the answer he got was that his friend already arrived the camp a long time before the person even started his turn.

The facilitator came and told the person about the blood test report that was done for safety measures and the answer gave everyone goosebumps, it contains the DNA of one of the visitors that went missing a few years ago. It is said that the spirit was hunting and roaming the area to cause mischieve to those 'lucky' ones.
---

Fluttering sounds were suddenly heard by birds taking off from a tree nearby and everyone -literally everyone, including the facilitators- jumped, some girls screamed while some only gasped. The screams echoed the dark forest and dead silence followed after that.

"Well that was a great timing," the facilitator broke the silence with a laugh, "i guess even the birds cant withstand the creepiness."

But no one laughed, at most just a bitter smile to each other.

"Well, alright, you guys should know what i was trying to say so yeah, stick to your partner -make sure that is your partner- ," he joked and giggled, until another facilitator shot him a glare, he cleared his throat with a cough, "ahaha, sorry, well, we shall now begin our nightwalk event!"

He told the first pair in line to stand up and walk along the forest route and will reach the resort at the end of the walk.
"You okay?" Yuzuru whispered to Yulia, who was still spacing out, a little too much...

Yulia snapped back to reality and put her focus on Yuzuru. She nodded.

"You're not affected by the stories?" He recalled Yulia's reactions during the story telling, one word described her reaction, 'nothing'... just... 'nothing'.

"I've been through worse." Yulia answered coldly, which made Yuzuru very confused.

"What? What do you mean by that?"

Before Yulia could answer, it was their turn. Javier and Kanako signaled and mouthed them 'good luck'. They nodded and went off.

It was dark, but not entirely black. Everything just looked like a mixture of blue and grey colour. The road was lighter in colour compared to off road so its quite easy to find out whether you're still following the route or not.

"You're extremely adapted to this..." Yuzuru stated, grabbing Yulia from time to time as she either walks too fast or when he trips on a pebble.

"I am." Yulia answered.

"Can you... uhh... slow down?" Yuzuru finally asked.

"Scared?"

"What?! No, i cant see."

Yulia said nothing, but she did slow down her pace.

"So why are you adapted to this?" Yuzuru tried to start a conversation.

"'This' as in?"

"I dont know, the darkness? Walking in a forest? I dont know..."

Silence...

A sudden scream was heard far behind them. The two looked back and to each other simultaneously, then laughed.

"What could have happened there... there was nothing scary..." Yuzuru stated.

Yulia shrugged, "well, some of the girls were shaking."

"You noticed?" Yuzuru asked, astonished.

"I wasnt daydreaming all the time okay?"

"You mean night dreaming."

"Isnt that sleep dreaming?"

"Well... uhh..." Yuzuru was left speechless, "you know that was suppose to be a joke right?"

"Yes."

"Did you just make a joke out of my joke?"

"Yes." Yulia said, proud of herself.

"Okay..." Yuzuru broke to a smile.

They caught up to the team infront of them, but decided to not approach them -the story, remember?- .

They later see the girl flinch, a scream following then. A groan was heard too, as her hair slapped her partner's face in process. They started running afterwards -the girl pulling the guy actually- .

Yulia and Yuzuru stood there, both covering their mouth, trying not to laugh out loud.

"What was that about?" Yuzuru said when trying to catch his breathe. Yulia shook her head, still covering .

They later hear faraway footsteps from behind, the other team was catching up. They hurried to the front.

Yulia started staring at the bushes, where the girl infront of them flinched when passing by just now.

A sudden grip on Yulia's ankle made her stumble towards Yuzuru.

"What? What's wrong?" Yuzuru panicked at Yulia's sudden action.

She shook her head and laughed abit.

"There's someone behind there, wasn't it?" Smart analytical Yuzuru asked.

Yulia looked at him, "smart, " she said.

Another scream was heard from behind, the two laughed, they were enjoying how scared everyone else was.
Suddenly, a person caught up with them, sobbing.

Both of them exchanged glances and shrugged, not knowing what to do. The sobbing and footsteps continued following them.

Yulia nudged Yuzuru, signaling him to say or do something.

"Uh... umm... are you alright?" He asked the person.

The person nodded, still sobbing.

Both of them was relieved as they confirmed -kinda- that it was a person since it understood them. Yuzuru started to talk alot and tried to have a conversation with it, but there was no response given. The person was still sobbing and crying and walking faster and faster towards them. They started to think it was weird so they looked at the person carefully... and they realized they could not see the lower part of the person, yet they could hear footsteps clearly.

They looked at each other, a little scared.

They scanned the person again, and this time they found out that they couldn't see the face as it was covered with long hair.

Yuzuru stopped all the attempts of talking to it immediately. They looked at each other in fear. As it got closer to them, they decided to walk as fast as they could.

Finally, they arrived at the resort. Both of them was relieved as they finally saw light.

They approached the resort and went inside, thinking that they're safe from whatever that was following them.

Suddenly, Kanako appeared beside them in the hallway, sobbing and crying, the same sounds made by what was behind them.

"Kana?! It was you?!" Yuzuru half shouted.

"It was so scary..." Kanako nodded and mumbled.

Yuzuru exchanged glances with Yulia and both let out a sigh with a smile.

"KANAKO MURAKAMI!"

The two turned around just to find Javier gasping and suprisingly... angry.

"HOW DARE YOU TO LEAVE ME ALL ALONE OUT THER-" Javier stopped when he saw the sobbing Kanako.

"...sorry..." she apologized.

"Well... the least you could do was tell me, then we could have ran back together you know?!" He softened his tone and complained.

The other two just stood there and didnt know what to do, causing the atmosphere to become awkward, again.

Until the forever happy-go-lucky Yuzuru put his arm over Javier's shoulder and asked, "what, were you scared out there alone?"

Yulia involuntarily let out a laugh but quickly covered and did some fake coughes.

"What?! No... well, yes... but... well... I..." he started stammering.

Kanako apologized once again, but this time, in the mist of laughter.

The dense atmosphere had once again happy again.

(Yuzuru's POV)

"Yulia, look, Kana's wearing long black pants and shoes, and a pink jacket." I whispered to Yulia in the waiting hall.

She nodded.

"That was why we couldnt see her legs..." I analyzed.

She stared at Kana and laughed, "we were stupid..."

"Yes, yes we were."

"What? What do you mean you two were stupid?" Javi asked with Kana following him.

"Well, we couldnt see Kana's legs but we could hear clear footsteps and she wasnt speaking at all so we just kinda thought it was something else..." I finished the story fast.

"But... but... i actually did see something infront of you guys, thats why i was walking so fast." Kana explained.

Yulia looked at her, wanting to know what she saw but silently turn away, thinking about her decision.

"It was a white sheet of cloth, translucent, floating above Yulia..." she started telling before we could say no.

Yulia looked horrified and drank half of the water in her bottle.

"Kanaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Why did you telllllll!? Oh how am i gonna sleep later?! No no no no no no no no no no no......" Javi started to panic and couldnt stay still.

"And you said you werent scared." I stated, which made the girls laugh.

Javi shot me a glare.

"Revenge for yesterday." I grinned.

Before he could say anything back, the teachers and facilitators came back.

"So, are all your friends here? No one got lost or captured or possesed right?" The facilitator joked.

He then continued with the moral values that we should have learned in this event (Javi shot Kana a glare when teamwork was stated... lol).

We were then released to take our bath and sleep. We took out toiletries and head to the bathrooms. We tried to avoid any scary stories cause i would probably end up taking care of all of them when they get insomnia tonight, so no, sleep is important.

The girls turned right while we turned left at the junction to the specific bathrooms according to genders.

"Hey Yuzu, can i ask you a question?" Javi asked with a sense of carefulness.

"No scary questions, its for your own good." I informed beforehand.

"What, no, i wouldnt do that to myself. What i wanna ask is... do you like Yulia?"

"WHAT?!" i nearly choke... on my own saliva.

"No... uhh... i mean like... okay... dude, calm down, shhhhh calm down." Javi started patting and swiping my back.

"WHAT?!" i repeated.

"Would you date her?"

I swear, i was just about to scream for the third time.

"Just give me an answer, a percentage, a scale, whatever, just an answer. Imagine me as Ten Demons, 'i want my answer!'" He started imitating Ten Demons.

I could feel my cheeks go warm and maybe my face is red now.

"Just say 'yes' or 'no', 20%?" 

He started giving me choices, i shook my head.

"Be honest okay, 10%?"

I shook harder.

"30% then."

Nope.

"40%?"

That should be right but... not really...

"50%?!"

I shut my eyes, not wanting to see Javi's reaction and... nodded.

I could hear him smile, "its okay bro, i wont tell."

(Yulia's POV)

"So Yulia, do you think Yuzu's a potential boyfriend material?" Kana suddenly asked on the way to the bathroom.

I turned to her curiously.

"Just a question, so you just give an answer." She swayed her hand.

"I guess so." I answered.

"So would you date him?" She asked 0.5 seconds right after i answered, as if she expected the answer.

I looked at her again with an intense frown.

"So what if, just what if, he asked you out, would you go?"

"No." I deadpanned.

"Whyyyyyy?" She half-whined.

I stared at her weirdly.

"What?" She asked.

"I thought you like him."

She burst into laughter, "nooooo hahahahaha, that was just to keep girls away from him, thats all! Why would i like a dork like him hahahahaha omg my stomach hurts ahahahahahahaha!"

I sighed in relief... wait... what am i feeling relieved for?!

"Okay, so now, would you date him?" Kana managed to stop laughing and continued the topic.

"Maybe." I answered honestly.

"50:50 chance?"

I nodded, looking away to hide my blush.

"Hahaha, its fine girl, its fine, i'll keep it a secret."

(Author's POV)

Javier lost the rock-paper-scissors game and was forced to buy drinks for the group.

Kanako followed to help him as he could not possibly carry 10 cans at one time, which was just an excuse.

"You know what s/he told me?" They asked each other at the same time.

"What?" Again, simultaneously.

"50%!" They shouted together.

They high-fived as if they won a lottery.

"So with your 50% and my 50%, that kinda means..." Kanako started her calculator mode in her brain.

"100%!" Javier said in excitement.

Kanako stared at him.

"What?" He asked.

"Now i know why you're bad at the probabilities chapter." She shook her head.

"Meh, anyways, what should we do now?" He shrugged and went on to the vending machine.

"We make a plan i guess..."

He turned to her and they exchanged a grin.

Something evil was written all over their faces...