Chapter 2 - The Secret Is Safe

The Disappearing Loneliness

(Yulia's POV)

Finally! Recess!! Facing The Demons for an hour is already a bad thing. But having Yuzu sitting beside me and having death glares by the girls when Demon isnt watching is just TORTURE!

Why is it me?! Why?! Yuna!!! Why do you have to change places with me?! My peaceful life is now gone!

Im mentally crying right now. Wait, why isnt Ten Demons going out of the class? Hes writing on the board, wait, is that...homework?!

"Copy this down and complete it, hand in tomorrow. Thats all. Class dismiss." He walked out the classroom. Everyone groaned simultanously 5 seconds after he closed the door.

"Homework on the first day of being a substitude... Great..." Patrick said while resting his back on the chair and looking upwards.

"Even the homework is difficult!"

"What the hell?!"

"What is he thinking?!"

"He really IS a Demon!"

Various complaints were heard.

I quickly copied down the homework before everyone stands up for recess or else i wont be able to see the board. I grabbed my lunch box and went to my secret place-the roof.

I sat on the higher part of the roof, ignoring the lower moss-filled part of the roof. But because of the moss and some plants, the air is fresh. And because im in open air, its cooling.

I opened my lunchbox, MMMMHH, SPEGHETTI! I was already hungry half an hour before recess, now i can finally eat!! Wait.... Wheres my fork? Oh no, where is it?!

I looked around me and flip over the cloth covering the lunchbox and pick up the lunch box and stood up, turning around looking at the floor but... NOTHING... My FORKKKKKKK!!!

NO FORK=NO EATING

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I sat down, sad and depressed. Im so hungry, but i cant eat with my hands... Im dead! XoX

"Finding for this?" A hand holding a fork appeared at the ladder.

I was so shocked i nearly rolled back and fell down the higher roof. The owner of the hand popped out his head.

There was the familiar huge grin on the face.

Yuzuru Hanyu.

(Yuzuru's POV)

Everyone was complaining about the homework, it looks difficult but its actually easy. If only they would calm down and think of the solution.

I copied down the questions to avoid vision block from my fellow classmates sitting infront of me. Wait, if im already having problems, then how about Yulia?

I turned to Yulia, only to see her writing down the questions in high speed. Her handwriting is still neat despite how fast she's writing.

She clicked her pen and stuffed it inside her pencil box and zipped it, and 'threw' her book inside the desk.

She stood up and grabbed her lunch box from her desk and walked like the wind outside -again- . Something dropped when she took out her lunchbox, it was a...fork? A fork? Really?

"Yu-" I wanted to shout her name but stopped when i thought of something. Me yelling her name telling her she dropped her fork, that'll be very embarrasing, for both of us.

"Hey Yuzu, lets go eat lunch before the canteen gets full." Kana walked to me and invited, with Javi behind her.

"Although it wont, since the girls would love to squeeze with u while eating." Javi added.

"Umm..." i looked at the fork and grabbed my lunchbox, "you know what? You're right, i'll NOT go to the canteen, im going to a much more peaceful place to eat. Sooooooo, see u after recess!"

I quickly walked outside the class and escaped from the dumbfounded Kana and Javi. Sorry guys.

I walked up the empty stairways. As creepy as ever. No one comes to this stairs at all, the steps are already starting to be filled with moss. Not to mention the lights are flickering like a horror movie. Just how long did they not do maintenance to this place?!

Urgh! Even the door is rusty! How am i going to open this without it making squeeking sounds?! Serious- owh...it opened...quietly... I guess miracles do happen to me when im off ice.

The open air welcomed me, green floor, blue sky, if i dont know these are moss and theres less rubbish on them, it might already be a really nice.scenery!

A shadow appeared on the moss surface, the small shadow figure looks like Yulia's. BINGO! She's here! Look like she's panicking.

I really would want to see her face right now. I laughed and kept my voice as low as i could. The shadow went down, in a depressed manner. I stepped on the moss surface carefully to avoid slipping. I found the ladder leading to the higher part, i climbed half of it and heard sighs not far above me. I felt the end of my lips went up, making a grin.

"Finding for this?" i raised up my hand holding the fork, while the other holding my lunchbox and the ladder.

I heard russles above, i guess i scared her. I climbed higher to show my face, still with the grin on it.

I saw Yulia with a shock face, eyes widened, mouth half opened. I laughed as i climbed all the way up.

She controlled her facial expression but kept her position, hands behind supporting her slanting body while legs folded infront.

"Here," i held out the fork, "your fork."

She looked at the fork, then raised her head to look at me, still standing tall. I shook the fork up and down, signaling her to take it. She raised her right arm slowly towards the fork. Too slowly. I sighed, put my lunchbox down and grabbed her wrist, pulling it towards the fork. She looked shocked at first, but then her eyes sparkled when she got hold of the fork. I smiled.

(Yulia's POV)

Is he making fun of me? How did he know im here? Why is my fork with him? He's so tall!

Yuzuru started shaking the fork up and down, his face telling me to take it.

Should i take it? I raised up my arm slowly, hesitating in progress.

Suddenly i heard a sigh and a thump sound made by something being placed down. Then the next thing i knew was Yuzu holding my wrist and pulling me towards him.

I was so shocked, its been how many years since a person -exclude my family- touched me! Should i get angr- THE FORK! ITS IN MAH HANDS!! I CAN EAT!! FOOOOOOOOOD!!

I heard a chuckle above me, it was Yuzu. HE'S LAUGHING AT ME... I stared at him.

He fake cough a little and smiled.

"Sorry, you just seemed very happy when you got the fork."

I looked back down and nodded. An awkward silence occured.

"Umm, " he spoke up. I looked at him. "can i...eat with you here?"

I just nodded.

. . .

I nodded.....i nodded.....I NODDED?! YULIA, THIS IS YOUR SECRET PLACE! YOU NODDED TO A PERSON YOU BARELY KNOW AND LET HIM EAT LUNCH WITH YOU?! YULIA! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!

"Its quite a peaceful place here, huh?" he said.

"Huh?! Yeah..." i got back to my senses and answered. I answered... I answered?!

"How did you find this place?" he asked. I kept quiet,no need to tell him that.

In fact, "how did you know im here?" i asked. I'll speak up whenever i want to protect my secret private place.

"I saw you come up here, when you walked outside the class this morning. I was a little angry with my own problems and just walked to who-knows-where and i saw you going up these stairs, so i thought this might be where you always go when you're not in class." he explained.

I kept quiet, he knows...this isnt my secret place anymore... I was at the verge of crying...

(Yuzuru's POV)

Did i say too much? We're in complete silence now. Wait, is she...crying?

"Hey, HEY..." i called out to her, no response. I opened my lunchbox and grabbed an eggroll with my chopsticks.

"Yulia, look at me." i said in a serious tone. She seemed a little affected.

"Yulia Lipnitskaia, look at me." might as well try her full name. She raised up her head in quite a fast speed. I took the oppurtunity to grab her chin and make her eat the eggroll, her red eyes filled with shock.

I let her go and stared at her, waiting for her reaction. Her eyes went huge for a second and a small curve was seen at her lips, but then disappeared as fast as lighting. I waited until she swallows it and asked, "how does it taste?"

"...sweet...but good." she said. I smiled in agreement.

"Want some more?" i asked.

She looked at me with wishful eyes but then shook her head. I grinned and just took her lunch box and moved my eggrolls into hers. She was shocked but she didnt stop me, so stubborn, no one in this world can resist food!

"Thank you..." i pushed her lunchbox back to her and she thanked me, voice so low that i think dogs can fall asleep by it. I just smiled as a response.

She started eating her speghetti. She left the eggrolls at the end, after finishing her speghetti. She started poking them endlessly with the fork, trying to pick up the eggrolls but fails.

"Here, use this." i handed her my chopsticks, its too brutal to see my eggrolls being stabbed by a fork. She shook her head, declining the offer.

"What? Dont know how to use or indirect k-" i stopped my sentence as i knew i was going to scare her with the second option.

"No..." she answered.

"Want me to teach you or feed you?" OH NO, the sentence just came out.

She looked at me, hesitating, then showed a face that shes thinking deeply into the offer.

"Pfft, you're really thinking about it?" i laughed. She didnt blush, she just looked at me innocently.

"You know what, just take the fork and scoop it, it'll be easier than stabbi- i mean poking it." i suggested, she just looked at me, head tilted, like what birds do.

She looked at her lunchbox and start scooping the eggrolls, it suceeded. She looked so satisfied when she finally got to taste the eggroll.

"Can i eat with you here everyday?" i requested at the end of the meal. She looked at me, eyes filled with hesitation.

"I'll bring eggrolls and teach you how to use chopsticks?" i added.

"Only if you keep this place a secret." she said, her tone was so serious that scared me alittle.

"Roger that!" i raised my hand to my forehead and made a salute, "i better go now or else someone might see me going down the stairs from here later."

She nodded while tying the cloth on her empty lunchbox.

"See you in class!" I waved my hand while going down the ladder. She only nodded.

I went down the stairs carefully, cant let anyone see me here or the secret would be out. No one, okay, now! I walked outside and acted normal.

Finally, i can have a peaceful place to eat, the air is fresh too, and i have a quiet yet unpredictable company too, this is great!

(Yulia's POV)

I cant believe i let him eat here with me from now on. Is this a bad idea? What if he blurts it out? I wont be able to keep this place! What do i do?!

The class bell rang, recess is over.

I walked back to class and saw my seat -Yuzu's seat- surrounded with people. Yuzu with an apologizing smile with his hand behind his head.

The people were all wining. I walked casually to my seat.

"Sorry guys, really sorry. I just think that eating alone seems more enjoying... Sorry... I want my privacy so come on, please, forgive me!" he clapped his hands together and prayed for forgiveness from the people.

All of them just looked at each other and just went with it.

"Sure." "Yeah." "Be happy without me, Yuzu."

Various wishings were heard as if Yuzu is going to transfer or sonething.

Some time after, the teacher went into the class and everyone went away. I finally get my seat back. And that was one of the reasons i dont want to sit beside Yuzu...

"Sorry about that. I cant guarantee that'll never happen again though." he suddenly apologized. I looked at him weirdly, why is he apologizing? Its not like i didnt expect that to happen, especially for him who disappeared for the whole recess.

"I know you dont like people suddenly get too close to you so yeah, sorry. Thats why im apologizing." he said.

Did he just read my mind?! Cause i think he answered my question i asked mentally...

"Its fine... As long as-"

"Rest assure, your secret will forever be safe with me." he interrupted my words just to say that. He patted his chest while saying that, and gave a huge smile after that.

I sighed mentally. This person really is weird...