She's Back in Her Life and it Feels so Right

Maybe This Time
Please log in to read the full chapter

There was this awkward silence at the dinner table. There were casual stares from the young detectives. Sometimes small smiles would form on their lips whenever they catch Soo-Yeon or Eun-Bin take a glimpse of the other. There were still no eventful words spoken between them. No confessions,no bitter words. It seemed the plan was going slow but smooth. They were also thankful Soo-Yeon didn’t kick them out. Ye-Hee could hardly count the number of scenarios they would have been kicked out with the sudden appearance. Mi-Do only got a laugh out of it.

After dinner the detectives decided to povide an environment for the two to share a conversation. They set up a bonfire by the beach a few feet away from the house. There was a little privacy as well as they were just by their line on sight. The older girls were currently at porch. Eun-Bin sitting by the porch swing while Soo-Yeon leaned against the railings. Well, they can still run towards the house just in case an argument erupts.

All the worrying subsided when Mi-Do saw Soo-Yeon approach Eun-Bin for the first time.

“How’s your leg?”

“Getting better, I suppose.” Eun-Bin tapped the vacant space beside her silently asking Soo-Yeon to sit beside her.

The doctor let out a small smile gesturing for Eun-Bin to give her a moment. The other girl raised an eyebrow when Soo-Yeon entered the house without saying a word.

She sighed but was then surprised to see the doctor come out with a first aid kid on hand.

Soo-Yeon took a seat and slowly lifted Eun-Bin’s leg. Her silence earned a blush from the injured girl whose lips curved into a smile.

“Let me just change the dressing...”

Eun-bin watched as Soo-Yeon change her gauze. The doctor’s concentration always fascinated her.

It was the way Soo-Yeon would bite her lower lip that made her want to kiss her.

She was so immersed on reading that she forgot Soo-Yeon was in the same room. The older girl touched her cheek with a finger reminding her of her presence. She smiled and set the book aside to look at her girlfriend.

“You’re beautiful...” Soo-Yeon mumbled her eyes never leaving Eun-Bin’s.

Her finger reached Eun-Bin’s lips which made the other girl blush.

She sat up, the smile never leaving her lips.

“I love you...”

Soo-Yeon leaned in and so did Eun-Bin. Their foreheads touched, warmth starting to radiate from within.

They close their eyes and share a smile.

“There... All clean...” Soo-Yeon clapped her hands and gently set Eun-Bin’s leg down.

She was going to stand up but a pouting Eun-Bin held her hand.

“Stay...”

Soo-Yeon was looking for the words to decline the invitation but her resolved quickly broke down when she saw the other girl.

Eun-Bin was imitati

Please log in to read the full chapter