Time Hasn't Cooled the Flame

Maybe This Time
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Sumbae, are you sure?” It was the only question she needed to ask. She was still not open to their kind of relationship but the actress knew better now. She merely took it upon herself not to judge. At that time, Ye-Hee didn’t want her senior to be unsure. They were not going to bring more heartache to someone who already endured so much.

“Here, you could use a cup.” Ha-Jae offered snapping Ye-Hee from her musings. It had been a while since they had these types of conversations. They were all busy with their lives they hardly had time to catch up. Ha-Jae had been doing her internship in Singapore and so was Sung-Yoon who was now a chef. Mi-Do and Chae-Yool were already based in the US. Only Ye-Hee remained in Korea. Her works as an actress were recognized since her first movie. Those extra hours to study theatre helped her a lot.

“She’ll wake up soon Ye-Hee. They said the anesthesia got her number on this one. She’s out of the woods. She’s just asleep.”

“I’m not worried about that.”

“Then what’s with the sad face?”

Ye-Hee, fixed a stray strand on Eun-Bin’s face. Sadness was plastered across the actress’ features.

“I keep asking myself if she could fix what she broke...”

Ha-Jae smiled and gave her a light pat on the back.

“You know, you have one or two movies where at least one scenario ended up badly but then it was the best thing for the character. Just let her try. Maybe it would give her the peace of mind.”

“But I don’t want that anymore. Soo-Yeon sumbae has gone through too much. I don’t want to see Eun-Bin sumbae travel across the world for her to get her heart broken too. That’s too much!”

Ye-Hee watched in tears as Soo-Yeon hugged the detectives one by one. The case was closed, but they couldn’t protect their senior. Soo-Yeon had to leave Seonam High.

“Thank you again. I don’t know how many times I could say that.” Soo-Yeon bowed and gave them a sad smile.

They enveloped her into a group hug. The younger girls began wailing as they did.

“Hush now... It’s going to be alright. Eun-Bin will be safe. That’s all I want....”

The group hug became tighter and the wailing louder.

Reality sunk in.

Soo-Yeon was leaving. Eun-Bin was no longer her girlfriend.

They were over.

One tear made its way to Soo-Yeon cheek.

Then another...

Before she knew it, she was crying with them.

Parting was such sweet sorrow.

“He-Yee... It’s going to be fine...” The voice was weak but it didn’t make the joy any less.

“Eun-Bin sumbae!!!” They both shouted.

Ye-Hee was about to give the senior a bear hug when her collar was caught by Sung-Yoon.

“What do you think you’re doing? You’re going to squish sumbae!”

Eun-Bin smiles at the detectives’ exchanges. They were always a lively bunch. Her eyes then began to scan the room. No Han Soo-Yeon in sight. Her smile disappears which didn’t go unnoticed.

“She made sure you were out of danger before leaving.” Chae-Yool began, her voice filled with regret.

She was the only detective who would have had the courage to stop Soo-Yeon but was not able to. She contemplated on locking the two in the room. Chae-Yool knew better. Eun-Bin wouldn’t have done that to her ex girlfriend. She would have wanted Soo-Yeon to stay out of her own accord.

Her ex-girlfriend should decide whether she still wants Eun-Bin or not.

“We have to track her down again. I get the feeling she won’t be coming to work while you’re here.”

“She works here?”

“Yup. She was one of your doctor’s sumbae. She didn’t leave till you were done in surgery. “

Eun-Bin smiled. Typical Soo-Yeon. The girl couldn’t stop worrying and extending her care. Despite their break-up, Soo-Yeon cared. Eun-Bin wished she loved her still though.

“Good morning...! Oh... We have an early cr

Please log in to read the full chapter