Someday They Will Meet Again

Maybe This Time
Please log in to read the full chapter

Warmth was something Soo-Yeon felt whenever she thought of Eun-Bin. It was something that stayed with the doctor all throughout the years. Eun-Bin, despite her absence in Soo-Yeon’s life was the reason why she was still okay, the reason why she kept moving up and working hard. Soo-Yeon didn’t want to disappoint. One day, she wanted the world to see how Eun-Bin influenced her life. That even if they broke up, Eun-Bin made a positive impact in Soo-Yeon’s life. She wanted the world to know, someday, that their relationship wasn’t a nuisance.

They held each other’s hand in content. The start of winter never felt so soothing for Soo-Yeon. Maybe it was because Eun-Bin was right beside her, casually admiring the natural beauty around them. She had to try and ask her girlfriend to put on her hoodie. Soo-Yeon didn’t want to get her sick. Nevertheless, Eun-Bin was still breathtakingly beautiful.

Sighing at the fact, Soo-Yeon rested her head on Eun-Bin’s shoulder, their fingers entwined.

“I like this...” Soo-Yeon murmured.

“Me too...” Eun-Bin replied as turns slightly to give her girlfriend a kiss on the forehead.

They smile.

“This is going to be forever...I want to stay like this forever.” Soo-Yeon heard Eun-Bin whisper before feeling another kiss at the top of her head.

She was thankful for the secluded area they were in. Eun-Bin was able to freely express herself to Soo-Yeon.

“Seobang... If that’s the case, then I’m glad.”

Shaking her head, Soo-Yeon tried to erase the thoughts. Her hand made it’s way to the ring that was acting as a pendant for the necklace she wore.

Eun-Bin made it clear that she was going to wait for her. She also made it clear Soo-Yeon had the power to decide their fate. This was out of character for Eun-Bin which really annoyed her at the moment.

Her ex-girlfriend wasn’t much of a bully as far as she can tell.

“It’s been a while... How are you?” where the next words she heard.

Soo-Yeon was so surprised to hear Eun-Bin voice she wasn’t able to form a reply in her head.

“Soo-Yeon are you stil there...”

“Sorry! I, uhh... I’m fine. But shouldn’t I be asking you that?” She finally replied. Soo-Yeon mentally scolded herself for acting like a dork.

She was already a doctor for crying out loud. She should respond better.

It didn’t help that Eun-Bin giggled.

“I’m better, Soo-Yeon. You could have spared the question by showing up in my hospital room. Aigoo... It would have been nice to see your face after all these years.”

“Eun-Bin...” Soo-Yeon replied. Her voice voice was starting to be more distressed.

“I’m sorry...” Eun-Bin’s voice became sad.

“No, it’s fine. It’s just. I’m... It’s been years. And I...” Soo-Yeon tried but could not find the words.

It was awkward to say things at the moment. She didn’t want her ex-girlfriend to get the wrong impression. But then what would be the wrong impression? It didn’t help that Soo-Yeon was worried she would be hurting the girl with her replies.

“No, Soo-Yeon. I meant it. I’m sorry. Not for this call but for every thing. For leaving you... For not trying hard to let you know... For allowing you to leave me without letting you know how I feel.

“Eun-Bin please...”

“I need to try and make up for the pain. I need to let you know I want to be part of you.”

Soo-Yeon could feel that Eun-Bin was about to cry. Her voice was cracking as she tried to plead.

“I was powerless back then. That was because I was too young. I never knew how much pain it was till I lost you. When I finally had the courage, you were too hurt to stay. I tried then, I’m trying now. I can’t let you slip away before I could even try to win you back. I want you back Han Soo-Yeon...”

Soo-Yeon held the ring on her neck tighter. But her resolve unchanged. Eun-Bin was going back to Korea. This is not the life she should have.

“Eun-Bin, thank you for doing all of this for me. Thank you for searching for me after all these years. But I promise you, you are better off without me.” She fought hard to say those words.

“How could you say that?!” Eun-Bin’s voice was now cracking.

“Am I too late, So

Please log in to read the full chapter