Same Old Feeling

Maybe This Time
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

There was something about her the held on to Soo-Yon. She couldn’t deny that it was still there. A sad smile crept on her lips, why was moving on this hard.

It was high school!

She ignored all the calls all the texts Eun-Bin tried to send. It was heart breaking. After a while the calls and messages stopped. Eun-Bin probably gave up. Soo-Yon then hid her pain and longing through books and through studying. Keeping herself busy made her somehow forget.

But Soo-Yon couldn’t completely forget the girl.

Years have already come between them and Soo-Yon felt foolish feeling so giddy inside.

Eun-Bin had this thing the Soo-Yon never really fully understood. Whenever the girl was around her, even not within her sight, She would know. When she saw her, eyes closed, cheeks as red as the rose, Soo-Yon's heartbeat threatened to overwhelm her. Right this moment, she was fighting with all her might not to stand up and see how Eun-Bin was doing. It wouldn't help. She know she would just worry about her. It might make things worse.

She shakes her head.

The noise outside the Doctor’s lounge indicated that there were still more patients. But Eun-Bin was still in surgery. Soo-Yon couldn’t concentrate. She could feel sweat on her palms because of the anxiety.

“Earth to Doctor Han…”

Soo-Yon looks up and found her friend standing by the door.

“How is she?” She asks, oblivious to the smirk her friend was giving her.

“No major vain, no major bone, she’s going to be fine in a few weeks. You should see her.”

Soo-Yon averts her eyes.

Could she?

“She’s an old friend, eh? You two must be close. She called out your name in her sleep… See her… You’ll feel better.”

@@@@@@@@@

Chae-Yool paced around the waiting room desperate to get a word from the doctors. It would seem this was some sort of sign. But then again, Ahn Chae-Yool didn’t believe in signs. She relied on common sense and logic throughout her life.

It was just a simple mishap in the runway, nothing else. There were no dark days brewing. No tarot card to explain the currect situation. She should be thankful, in a non-grim kind of way.

They wouldn’t be able to find Soo-Yon that fast if it didn’t happened.

Though, the 50 injuries did cause Chae-Yool to shake her head. She was still thankful no one died today.

Was it fate?

“I’m looking for Eun-Bin Park’s relatives?”

“Here! Here!” She replied.

“You are her…?” The nurse asked.

“Um… I’m her sponsor. Well, here are her papers. She was just here for a visit. Can we see her?” Chae-Yool rambled.

“We have to check first if you’re qualified. Let me have a quick call.”

Seeing that Chae-Yool was about to burst, Ra-On made an intervention and pleaded the alternative.

“We just want to know if she’ll be fine. We can wait for the confirmation to see her. But please, we need to know. Is she going to be okay?”

The nurse looked around before whispering a reply.

“She’s just asleep. Minor scrapes, the shrapnel was taken out successfully. She’ll be able to walk l

Please log in to read the full chapter