Beginning of Everything

Roller Coaster

I’ve always been the kind of girl that keeps silent. I mean, I’ll be lying if I say I never fantasize of being someone else and all. Well, that’s something normal for all girls, right? I’ve never been good with making friends, and I’m in trying to talk to someone new. Not all people are like this, I know, it’s just me and that’s who I am. So here I am sitting in my new classroom, watching as everyone walks here and there. It’s not so long after I graduate from high school and now I’m in college. Which country? China. Why? Because mom and dad want me to be able to speak Chinese, basically because I’m a Chinese which was born in other country and they are pursuing me to learn my supposedly-be-mother-language. And so I’m somehow in the middle of people who use alien language laughing their asses off. Do you know other reason why I’m stuck as nobody here? Basically because I’m the freaking youngest of all. Why? Because of my smart- brain, I end up graduating high school when I’m just 17 years old, that’s why. So, it’s Monday, and I hate Monday. School officially starts today, yay! First of all of course the very annoying introduction thingy, the teacher has to call us one by one and by all grace luck, I have to be the very first one who ing introduce myself.

“Hello, my name is Mu Cheng. Nice to meet you. I know my Chinese is bad, I hope you can help me. Oh right, my friends in high school used to call me Jooyoung. You can call me by that name, it’s more… comfortable.” (in Chinese)

Simplicity is always the best. Not that I care anyway. After a very long and boring introduction, here comes someone unusual, he’s rather tall with his bang almost covering his right eye.  Well it’s really to be here, with only four guys in a class and 32 girls, its . And so…. There he comes. Honestly, his Chinese is far worse than mine. When I say worse, I mean his Chinese is really super bad. It’s amazing really he’s come this far. His name is Wu Yi Fan, yeah, I think I heard it right which I wish is right; blame my low level of listening. He’s 21 this year and his birthday is on November and- okay.

Sorry I didn’t know I can be this attentive about someone. So yeah, because of some amazing luck I end up being in the same class with him, not that I regret it though. And again, with a mere luck, somehow I’m seated not far from him. Well, sometimes we are just lucky, so it up. I’m actually saying that to some es that are looking at me with eyes full of hatred. If looks can kill, I’ll be dead right about now. I seriously pity the girl who sits next to him, because it’s really super obvious that the other girls are throwing daggers to her with their eyes. Since he’s a guy and he’s tall, he’s obviously seated at the very back. And I’m sitting in the middle, in a line with him. So whenever the teacher gives us group works, I can always be in a group with him.

So here it comes, the luck is starting to leave me.  Why? Because suddenly there is this one chick that asks me to exchange seats with her. So, hoorah! I am now so ing away from him. When I say away, I mean he’s at the left back of the classroom and I’m at the right front of the classroom. What a luck seriously.

I will not say suddenly I’m becoming close to that Yi Fan guy, he’s called by Kris btw. Suddenly getting all familiar with him and then fall in love and boom! We are dating. That really sounds like a fairytale. Don’t get me all wrong, I love fairytales, love is real in fairytales, but not in real life. That’s exactly why I love fairytales, because I can see the beauty of love in it.

Enough with the fairytale talks, by now I have found this very one close friend. Her name is Jessica and I call her by Jess. So yeah, we talk about this and that and magically we are now like twins. I mean she and I have a lot in common so yeah, we are now twinnie! Did I tell you that I’m pretty good in piano? I guess I didn’t, so yeah like how I said it, I’m pretty good with piano which makes me the secondary piano teacher of my class. And the piano teacher is demanding us to play a song every week for her to give us score which leads us to diligently practice piano every week routinely. Okay, enough with the introduction, let’s get going the story.

Just like every usual day, Jess and I are spending our break time talking and chatting and gossiping. Gossips will never fades from girl’s life. And by some stupid arguments about love (Jess is a strong believer of love), she shoots me a very typical question.

“So, who do you like now?”

“Hell, what are you saying now? I just told you that love is all bull.”

“Duh, I was asking about the one you like, not the one you love. And I do understand every single craps about love is bull from you and guess what? I completely disagree with your idea of love. So tell me again who do you like?”

I sigh as I stare at her literally sparkling eyes as she is waiting for me to answer her.

“Hm... I don’t know really. I mean like, well, he’s just too perfect, no, I mean he’s hot, cool, and so yeah maybe somehow magically or amazingly I think I might be maybe like him. Just a bit. Yeah, I think somehow I like him.”

“Okay, okay, I know you like him so now just tell me his name. I mean you just saying it all these craps but actually the only single point you are telling me is you have this one guy that you like. What is his name? Do I know him? Is he in the same class with us? Or what? Please just tell me about him, not about you like him or not, or your ‘somehow’ theory.”

“Well, I think you are older than me, so I assume you have more love experience than me. So it’s like I don’t really know whether it’s called like, love, admiration, or what.”

“Just get to the point, really!”

“Well, I don’t know if its true or not, I mean, well, maybe it’s because he’s hot, cool, well I can’t deny he’s handsome. So yeah, can it be called as like?”

“Can you please just tell me the name, seriously...”

“But I’m really not sure about this. How should I put it?”

“OH GOD! JUST GET TO THE POINT SERIOUSLY I’M SERIOUSLY GONNA STRANGLE YOU IF YOU DON’T TELL ME NOW!!!”

“Alright alright. So hot tempered...”

“Who won’t when the one you are talking to is talking in circles?”

“Sorry…”

“What’s his name? At least just tell me his name.”

“Wuyifan”

“What? I didn’t hear it.”

“You are just bullying me!! I know you clearly heard it! You just want me to repeat it again!!”

“How the hell can I hear something that you mumble? You think I’m Bella after Edward’s venom spread in my body? That I can amazingly hear you say something unclearly?”

“Well I wish you are Edward, so you can just read my mind without me telling you. But no, forget it; I don’t want you running around in my head.”

“Sorry to disappoint you, but I’m not Edward, so just tell me his name. Clearly. Now.”

WuYiFan

“Are you ing kidding me? You are freaking whispering! Oh c’mon, you don’t expect me to be Jacob Black so I can hear you saying that name faintly, do you?”

“ASDFGHJK!!! It’s WU YI FAN, OK? OR HE’S ALSO BEING CALLED KRIS!!”

“O…kay?”

“Please, Jess… I beg you with my life, don’t ever tell anyone about it. Not even the air when you feel like talking to yourself, please swear to me that you will keep it a secret. Your word?”

“Hmm.. how do I put it? I mean, I don’t even need to tell anyone, they already know. Somehow.”

“WHAT?! How is that possible??!”

“Well, I was just wondering why is your voice still so clear after shouting that loud. I mean, normally people will cough after their voice is stretch to that level.”

“It’s all was just a gift you know, something like Edward being able to hear thoughts and Alice can see the future as how you would understand.”

“I don’t really care if it’s really a gift or what. But honestly you actually just told the whole world that you like Kr-“

“Stop!! Stop!!!!!!” I cover Jess’ mouth with my hand as fast as I can. Seriously, she can be handful sometimes. Sometimes I hate my loudness really. But for sure I think I say that in my normal voice you know. I mean, well okay, I’m loud but I don’t think being loud means I’m shouting to the whole world, isn’t it? Sighing in defeat I finally pull my hand back from Jess’ mouth. She is looking at me with her are-you-ing-kidding-me glare already anyway.

“So how long has it already been?”

“I don’t know. Since the first day of school, maybe?”

“OMFG! Is that the famous ‘love in the first sight’? I know it, fairytales can sometimes be real.”

“Fairytales can be real? it up to your brain that there’s no real love in the real life. When will you realize that anyway?”

“ you. So, how do you know you like him?”

“I don’t know. I don’t ing understand if it’s even called I like him or what else. I mean it’s like I do feel nervous when he’s around and well yeah, I have to admit that I’m kind of afraid to be in contact with him. That’s how girls know they like the boy right in stories?”

“Well to be exact, I don’t know. I mean everyone is different. It’s not that I don’t appreciate ‘the you’ is finally admiting liking someone; it’s more like I want you to make sure of your feeling. Whether what you feel for him is really liking him because of who he is, not because of how he looks like. I admit he has such an appealing appearance, even me myself want to get close to him. I mean, which girl won’t be glad when someone as handsome as him is walking with us, even if we are just friends, there is always that one proud feeling when girls are walking with some hot guys, even when they are not an item. Got what I mean?”

“This is exactly why I love talking to you, even if I have to admit that I find you sometimes annoying. Your wise words are ing slapping me right on my stupid brain.”

“I don’t want you to think rationally, a feeling is not something that you can simply just think by brain, it is something that you have to feel, understand and grasp. If you really think you are into him, just let it flow. Let that feeling grows.”

“What if it turns out to be love?”

I whisper to the thin air, I suppose Jess doesn’t quite catch my whisper and I can’t think of any other words aside from relieve. I slap away the love talk I have in my brain; it’s not supposed to be like this. I need to get a hold of myself; I need to plant it deeper in my brain that real love doesn’t exist.


Hello there ~

I've decided to change a bit of my story, so I deleted the previous posted chapters ~

Somehow I found it was too long for a chapter, so yeah, I've shortened it !

Hope you enjoy ~

I will be posting the next chapters soon!!

As usual, comments are loved!! <3