One Day with His Smile : 3

The unforgettable moment

Kangin go to his ramen shop and found Sungmin working on the dough to make noodles. Lee Sungmin is his co-worker since Kangin started the ramen shop. Seeing Kangin enter the kitchen, Sungmin greeting him with smile on his face, “Hyung, welcome, it’s rare that you late” Kangin smile back and wipe some flour on Sungmin’s chubby cheeks, “I visited Yesung first before starting to work” Kangin said while putting his apron before helping Sungmin make ramen dough. “Good hyung, you should visit him and tell him that you back, he is been worried sick about you for 4 days, and believe me, I will be really happy if I can trade my life to anyone else when Yesung hyung worried like that, he’s driving me crazy with all his question” said Sungmin quivering when he remembered Yesung’s face and all the nagging words that make anyone else who heard it will depressed. “Those 4 days become ears-painful day hyung” Sungmin pouting his mouth. “Hahahahahahahahaha” Kangin laugh seeing his dongsaeng whining like that. “Sorry Sungmin” Kangin pat his dongsaeng head gently, “I promise I will tell him anywhere or anything I do in the future” Kangin said to reassuring Sungmin, “You better do that hyung, or you will found me kill myself because I can’t take it anymore of Yesung hyung nagging” Sungmin gives Kangin warning while pouting. “What are you doing in Seoul for 4 days hyung? It’s impossible if you just doing your regular check-up because the check-ups you already done just take 2 days the longest” suddenly Sungmin remember to ask that to his hyung, Kangin just smile to his pumpkin dongsaeng, “I just do my regular check-up Sungmin”, “You will never tell me if something wrong to you, right hyung?” Sungmin pouting again, Kangin laughing again “You still in bad mood Sungmin? I am fine, nothing wrong with me.” Kangin said to reassure his dongsaeng, “Thank you for your concern Sungmin”, Sungmin pouting again. He then look at his hyung, he really loves his hyung so much, he didn’t want something bad happen to him, as long as Sungmin know, his hyung really care to other, he even put other people priority on top of his priority, he loves help people and he known as kind people and he really loves children. Kangin who feel bad to Sungmin look at Sungmin, he worried because Sungmin never quiet around him, “You still sulking to me pumpkin?” he ask Sungmin while pinch Sungmin’s chubby cheeks, “Aish hyung…. Your hands still has flour on it” Sungmin wipe his cheeks, “I am not sulking raccoon hyung” Sungmin then spread a flour onto Kangin body, Sungmin laugh when his hyung tickling him as revenge. Their laughter fill the kitchen as they both tickling and spreading flour towards each other.

            Siwon woke up from his sleep. He look around of him, it’s already dark. He then out from his bed, turn on the lights and go to bathroom to wash his face. After washed his face, he grab his cellphone and wallet and heading out for dinner. In hallway, someone suddenly call his name, he turn around and seeing a man with his unique style walk to him, “Are you Choi Siwon?” The man ask him, he confuse but nodding his head, “How can you know my name sir?” Siwon ask the man with confuse face. “Ah… I am Kim Heechul, I am the landlord of this building, sorry I didn’t greet you yesterday, I have something urgent came up yesterday” Says Heechul, “oh.. it’s fine, I am okey, please take care of me hyung” Siwon bowed his head, “it’s my job to take care of you or anyone that lives here, if you have problem don’t hesitate to talk to me, I lived at room number 1 downstairs” Heechul says, Siwon nodding. “Are you going anywhere now Siwon-ah?”, “Yes, I am going to look some food for dinner” Siwon reply and bowing his head as an excuse to Heechul, “oh.. okey then, hope you find a food that you like here Siwon-ah” Heechul wave his hand, “See you later and good night.” Siwon sigh and then he continue to walk.

            He then walking around looking any food shop around his dorm, when he pass the ramen shop, he see Kangin bring ramen from one table to another, he sure really busy. But his eyes suddenly open wide when he see Kangin look so friendly to chubby man that wore the same clothes with Kangin. Kangin wipe a sweat from that chubby man forehead and laugh while pinch the chubby man cheeks. “Who the hell is he? Why he so friendly to Kangin hyung?” Siwon muttering while look really angry to the chubby man. He then open the ramen shop’s door, then the chubby man with “Sungmin” name on his nametag greet him with a smile on his face. “I am looking for Kangin hyung” Siwon says with cold eyes to Sungmin. “Are you acquaintance of Kangin hyung?” Sungmin asking slowly. “Just tell him that Siwon looking for him, and stop give me question, he knows me” Siwon glare at Sungmin’s face and his tone little bit high. Sungmin who shock because of Siwon words just go back to the kitchen, “Hyung, you have guest. His name is Siwon and his attitude really bad, he raise his tone in front of me and he even glare at me, I don’t like him hyung.” Sungmin frowning to Kangin who busy with his ramen, Kangin turn around and he shock when he saw his dongsaeng teary eyes. “Sshh.. don’t cry Ming-ah, he is friend of mine, and he not bad person, maybe something bothering him, that’s why he raise his voice little bit on you” Kangin try calming his dongsaeng down. “You continue here, I will go talk to him now, I leave you for a while okey?” Kangin gives reassuring pat at Sungmin’s back. Sungmin just nod but he can’t trust the guy name Siwon, he then peek from the kitchen.

In the shop, Kangin walk to Siwon who sit near the kitchen door, “Siwon-ah, how’s your fever? It’s down already?” Sungmin hear his hyung worry voice toward Siwon and see that Kangin’s forehead touch Siwon’s forehead. “I am fine hyung, I already said to you I don’t catch any cold or have a fever” Siwon reply it and he feels that his face must be red right now because he suddenly feels hot on his face.”You lie Siwon-ah, look at your face right now, its bright red now”, Kangin place his hands on Siwon’s cheeks, Siwon turn away his face, “enough with fever talk, let’s have dinner together, I really want to it meat” Siwon ask Kangin and look directly to Kangin’s eyes. “I can’t go now Siwon-ah, I still need to work” Kangin replying with sorry gestures. Siwon who never get “no” answer suddenly get up from his chair and raise his voice “Why you can’t go hyung? You don’t want to go with me?” he said in angry tone, some of the customer look to them, Kangin just give smile to other and muttering sorry, then he drag Siwon to the back of the shop. “It’s not that I don’t want to go with you Siwon-ah, I can’t go because I still have customer to serve here” Kangin explain in soft voice because he knows really well if he also raise his voice to Siwon, they will end up arguing. “You are the owner of the shop, its fine if you sneak out for a while hyung” Siwon talk selfishly, whatever it takes, the man in front of him should have dinner with him, that’s what he think now. “Even if I the owner of this shop, I can’t just go out and leaving my co-worker behind alone, I am the one who make the rules in this shop so that will be ridiculous if I was the one who violating it” Kangin try to be more patience to Siwon selfishness, “If I am violating the rule, don’t you think my co-worker will do the same too? Beside I can’t leave Sungmin alone in the shop, he is the only co-worker that I have, I will be feel so guilty if I let him work too much again” Kangin answer make Siwon stunned, he just bowed his head, he knows that he will never win against Kangin. “I am sorry hyung, I am going back.” Siwon excuse himself with bow and turn away, his face really gloom, no more smirk or even smile, what he want now his burry himself in his blanket. Suddenly Kangin grab his wrist but Siwon not even looking to the older man, he keep his head bow. Siwon heard Kangin sigh really heavy, guilt starting to appear at Siwon’s chest, he really regret what he have done to Kangin, he is always gives trouble to other people. Kangin shock when the wrist that he hold suddenly struggling hard to make him let go of the wrist. He then let go of the hand, and in blink of eyes, Siwon runaway from Kangin. Kangin stunned in his position, wondering what happen to Siwon. Kangin promise to himself he will go seeing Siwon after his work done. Kangin then back to the shop, Sungmin greet him with worry face, “What happen hyung? Did that guy do something horrible to you? I know that will happen, that guy look dangerous, don’t be friend with guy like him hyung” Sungmin warn his hyung. Kangin just smile, “Sorry that I make you work by yourself again Ming-ah, let’s serve those loyal customer of us now” Kangin back to work again, leaving the problem with Siwon behind.

After he closed the shop and bid a farewell to Sungmin, Kangin walk slowly to his dorm. When he already at in front gate of his dorm, he take a glance to the room of his landlord “Why hyung let the door open? He really careless” he sighed and decided to go to take a look to the room. He then meet with teenage boy with big eyes who crying in front of the door, “Wookie, why you cry? Something happen?” Kangin hug Wookie immediately in his chest and the boy hair to calm him. Kim Ryeowook or Wookie is Heechul little brother. “Hyung suddenly got a phone call from hospital, then hyung just left without telling me what happen. I am scared being alone hyung” Wookie burst into tears again. Kangin try calm him, “Sshh… stop crying, hyung will accompany you until your brother back, okey?” Wookie just nod his head but didn’t want to let go of Kangin clothes. Kangin walk to the main room slowly, the he sit down there with Wookie in his lap still didn’t want to let go of Kangin, he hug that man really tight. After waiting for one hour, the door suddenly open. “Kangin? Why you here? And why Wookie in your lap? You didn’t do anything stupid to my little brother right?” Heechul keep asking to Kangin, while the one who being questioned just chuckle, “Hyung, I am here because I see your door still open, I checked it but then I saw this boy sobbing in front of the door, when I hug him, he suddenly crying again and said you got call from hospital and you just left without telling your lil bro, and now he sleeping. What happen hyung?” Kangin return the question to Heechul. “I got a phone call from hospital, Siwon-ssi, the one who rent the room beside you, got incident on the way to back to here.” Heechul explain to Kangin, Kangin shocked and didn’t say anywords, he not even realize when Heechul take the sleep Wookie from his lap.