The Punishment

The unforgettable moment

Choi Siwon is the only child from Choi’s Family that known as the richer family in Seoul. Siwon grow up as handsome man but have really bad attitude. He also known as a player and when he talk, he will talk in rude or sarcastic way. He spend a lot of money for unnecessary things and always went to night club.

            Until one day, his father saw the last credit card bill from Siwon’s credit card and shocked. He then call a maid to wake up his son and meet him in his work room. “Appa, why are you woke me up?” says Siwon while rubbing his sleepy eyes. “Look at the bill Siwon, what are you buy?” says appa with angry tone. “You wasting all money I gave to you for something unnecessary like this? You spent all your night at night club and even hotel?!” said appa again in disbelieve. “Appa never scold you because appa believe you will change when you become an adult, but look at you now? As adult, you don’t have any responsibility towards your action. You are lazy now, that’s it. I will send you to place that completely unknown by you and you will life there by yourself. You work, cook and even do all the chores by yourself so you will know how hard I work for those money you spent all the time” said appa as a final decision to punish his rebel son. “Appa, why you do this? Isn’t it cruel? I am your only son appa, I will be the one who take over your position at company later” says Siwon with high tone. “Watch your tone toward your appa young man, and I will never let you take over the company that I built with hard work. I don’t want to face the bankruptcy as soon as you being the president Siwon” said appa, then he left the room, while Siwon still lost in his mind. The thought about living by himself scare him already. He run towards the main door and he see his appa almost got in to the car. “Appa, please don’t do this to me, I promise I will change, please appa” Siwon begging to his appa. But Mr. Choi’s decision already final. “Pack your belonging, and you will go to the place that appa set for you this evening, and I already took your credit card and ATM”. “But appa…” says Siwon weakly, “Let’s go, I still have meetings after this” and the driver drive the car leaving Siwon behind in silence.

“Aren’t that to cruel Mr. Choi?” ask Jungsu to Mr. Choi who sit in the back. “I just think this way is the best to make Siwon change his behavior” answer Mr. Choi with tired voice. “You realize right that it also your fault Mr. Choi, when Siwon younger, you almost never spent your time with him, you just keep giving him money so he will not whining to you about spending time together as father and son?” what he heard from his secretary is like a slap toward him, “I will make a free time to him when he already change Jungsu-ssi, now please look for a place to Siwon will leave alone, and don’t spoil him with giving him nice dorm, pay the rent for a month, so he can make his own money to pay the rent in next month” says Mr. Choi to his secretary, “I understand sir, I think I know where I can send Siwon but still on our watch” says Jungsu with smile, his dimple show up.

            In the house, Siwon reluctantly packing his clothes and took cash that he still have and the cash that his father give him in the table beside his wallet. After packing with a lot of grumble for his thin mouth, he out from his room dragging his suitcase to living room and then plop himself into the couch. “Siwon – ssi, are you ready?” said Jungsu suddenly from his back. Siwon answer it after recover from his shock, “Ready or not, you will still drag me right Jungsu – ssi? Then what’s the point to ask?” Siwon get up from the couch and walk pass Jungsu and go to the car. The suitcase that Siwon pack earlier dragged by Jungsu and he put at the car luggage. “I already found a place for you to stay and it will be at Cheonan, Mr. Choi already pay the rent for a month so you don’t need to worry for the first rent.” Siwon just folded his hand in front of his chest. Seeing no reaction from Siwon, Jungsu give the address to the driver and the phone number of the owner of the dorm that Jungsu rent for Siwon in Cheonan.