TWO

The Wallflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bell rang, signaling the end of class. Students let out a tired sigh before packing their bags and heading out of the classroom. Sooyeon looked at her schedule and saw that it was not another hour till her next class. Like her first semester, she was supposed to have the same timetable as the rest of her classmates but it was different this time. She had been aiming for a scholarship ever since she stepped into this school 6 months ago. And in her second semester, she is determined to get it.

Of course, getting a scholarship is easier said than done. After discussing with her piano teacher, Ms Jung, she had decided to enroll into 2 more classes. It turns out English was not enough but she now has a solution. Which was why her classmates are all heading for their composition classes while she is heading for her vocal lessons. Well, it was not like her classmates would even notice her absence.

Sooyeon took a sit at the bench table just outside her classroom. Digging into her bag, she found her lunchbox and took it out. After eating in the school cafeteria for half a year, she was already bored of it. Besides she could save so much money, seeing how the food at the cafeteria was expensive. As she was munching onto her sandwich, she took out her book about psychology and was immediately engrossed with it.

He walked down the hallway. It was still early before the tutoring class would start and he had more than enough time to have his lunch. As he reached the class, he frowned when he saw someone sitting at his regular table. The table does not belong to him of course, (it would be insane to call a table yours when you are in a school of a few thousands) but it was his usual spot before tutoring. Walking towards the said bench table, he placed his bag just opposite her but she did not even move. It was like she could not hear him.

He cleared his throat.

Still no reaction.

Cough cough

She was still reading her book.

Irritated because she neglected him, he slammed his hand on the table.

And this time, she looked at him. (Including the people around them) Well, technically she jumped in her spot before fixing her spectacles and looking up to see who the intruder was. Her eyes widened when she saw him.

Sooyeon knew who he was. Standing right in front of her was someone that was known by practically the whole student body. He would be at the school concerts and special events. People will pay money to go to the concerts just so they can hear him sing. Guys would envy and girls would melt just at the sound of his voice.

They would kill for this God sent gift.

"D-Do Kyungsoo sunbae-nim." She stuttered while quickly standing up so she could give him a bow.

Kyungsoo stared back with an unimpressed look. "This is my seat." People would think that he is crazy or is being over-dramatic because it was just a seat but Kyungsoo preferred to be alone. It was not like the others would understand him anyway.

She looked at him before looking at the table. Just then, something clicked inside of her and she knew what he meant. "I'm so sorry!" Grabbing her stuff, she threw them into her backpack, trying to move as fast as possible so as to not inconvenience her senior.

Kyungsoo watched her packed her items and something within him just snapped. All of a sudden, he felt like an for chasing her away. Not only that he scared her. He could not explain it but he felt bad for treating her like this. It was not like he owned this bench table anyways. Everyone has the right to sit here.

"Wait," He spoke and she looked at him with wide eyes, wondering what he is going to say next. "Just sit." He sighed and planted his down on the chair.

Sooyeon looked at the male in confusion. What is wrong with him? One moment he demanded me to leave and the next he asked me to sit down?

Nevertheless, she did as instructed. Instead of going back to her lunch, she nervously looked around, wondering what he is going to say next. But all he did was to look away. Ignoring the girl in front of him, Kyungsoo just took his lunch out and grabbed his headphones as well. The moment he put the headphones on, Sooyeon knew he does not want to be disturbed.

Is he bipolar?

The both of them sat in silence. Kyungsoo concentrated on his own work while Sooyeon could not concentrate on hers. Reading a book suddenly became an impossible mission to do. She noticed that everyone who walked past was looking at their table. It was no surprise about the attention because Do freaking Kyungsoo has never hanged out with a girl in school before.

And yet here she was, sitting opposite him. People would think they are having lunch together but it was just that she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Sooyeon was pretty sure she would never sit at this table again. (Even if it means she has to stand and eat)

The school would always describe him as an angel because of his voice and his innocent doe eyes. But what Sooyeon saw just now was like a devil instead. His

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter