FOUR

The Wallflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another week has just passed and Sooyeon sighed as she entered the train at Seokgye station. This time, she did not see Woohyun and wondered where he is. And as usual, it was flooded with working adults and students. Although she loves her school very much, she hated the route to school. It was long and tiring and not to mention that she always have to squeeze with so many people. She just wished that her school provided a hostel. But even if it did, Sooyeon was sure that her mum would not pay for it.

Before the door could close, Woohyun ran into the train just like last time and he let out a sigh as the door closed right in front of his face. Realizing there was a bit of space in the middle of the cabin, he had decided to squeeze in. People gave him glares but he ignored them. Besides, going into the center of the cabin is what a good citizen would do.

As he grabbed onto the handle, he looked to his left and saw a girl wearing the same uniform as him. His eyes trailed up to the side of her face and found her so familiar. His eyes then flickered to her hair and he was pretty sure he was right about his guess. In order to confirm it so he does not make a fool out of himself, he looked at the glass window and saw her reflection.

"Miss Pianist?" He asked and Sooyeon looked up to face him. She was listening to one of her many songs when it just ended so she could hear him. Shocked by his sudden appearance, she removed her earpiece. She was pretty sure that he was not at Seokgye station just now and he would always be there when she arrived. But now he is here, in the same train, in the same cabin, and right beside her.

"Hi." She whispered.

He gave her a smile before holding out a hand. "I believe we have met a few times but I still do not know your name. I'm Nam Woohyun."

Sooyeon glanced at his hand before looking back at him. Sweat started to form on her palms as she got nervous. Wiping her hand on her clothes, she reached out to shake his hand. "Shim Sooyeon."

The moment she touched him, he frowned and her smile faltered. It was like he did not want her to touch him. Just as she was about to remove her hand, he held onto it tightly. "Your hand is cold. Are you alright?"

"What?" She could not help but blurt out. Realizing what she had just said, she composed herself and cleared . "I mean yes, I'm fine."

She’s funny. Woohyun mentally chuckled at her as he let go of her hand. "I'm from the school of vocals.

"I'm from the School of instrumental music, majoring in piano."

"It's obvious, seeing how you played so elegantly the other day."

Sooyeon blushed a little at his words because she could not believe that he still remember. And secondly it was because that was the first time someone complimented her like that. "Thank you." Her voice turned into a whisper once more. Woohyun smiled at her shy side before looking in front.

 

---

The both of them walked to school in silence after getting off the train. While Sooyeon was awkward, Woohyun seemed to be in his own world. He was whistling to a random tune while smiling. His phone suddenly rang and he whipped it out to see who it was. A smile crept to his lips when he saw the caller ID. "I'll see you later during English!" He told Sooyeon and ran off to find his best friend.

Before Sooyeon could even say a word, he was already out of hearing reach. She let out a sigh as she walked to school alone. Although it was awkward just now, she still preferred to have him by her side. It beats walking to school alone. To get rid of her loneliness, she took out her earpiece again and stuffed them in her ears before continuing her way to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter