Chapter 4

Lucky

After visiting my regular doctor, Mark and I went to stroll around the area. He asked me to go back directly but I was kinda bored at home. Angie went out with her brother and I had nothing to do at home.

“Oh I’ll walk around for awhile.”

Mark stared at me.

“What?” I asked him.

“Okay let’s go.” He didn’t answer my question and just walked along with me.

“I thought you wanted to go home?”

“You are the one who needs to get home, Ms Baek.” He said lightly.

“Oooh you mean because of this?” I pointed on my bandaged ankle.

 “Nah. I’m perfectly fine. I’ll just walk slower.” I grinned

Mark shook his head. “Sometimes I wonder if there is another person clumsier than you.”
I only scratched my head in respond. “Well.. Can’t be helped hehe. Anyway, let’s find something to eat I’m hungry.” 

“And who is as pig as you.”

“Yah! Who is a pig?” I tried to catch him but he increased his speed to avoid me while laughing at me. 

I tried to catch him but since my ankle was not in a good mood, I lost my balance.

“Waaaa!” I tried to reach anything beside me to keep my balance, but there was none. Luckily he pulled my wrist, helping me to regain my balance.

“Still as clumsy as ever.”

I smacked him. “Because of who?”

He help me stood up. “Haha. Mian. I was just joking.”
“I don’t care. Dinner will be on you. I want samgyeopsal.” I pulled him towards my favourite samgyeopsal place.

“Yah. Who agreed on treating you?” he asked but still followed me anyway.

We took a seat by the window.

“Gomawoyo Mark Tuan!” I closed the menu book and called the waiter to order.

After the waiter left suddenly he smacked my head.

“Ouch. What was that for?”

“For being clumsy and for asking me to treat.”

I pouted.

He laughed and ruffled my bang. “Nevermind. I’ll treat you for making you almost losing your first kiss to the ground.”

“Jinjja? Yes. Wow you are actually a nice guy.”
“You mean you hadn’t realized that until now?”

“Errm forget whatever I said. You are annoying.” I said ignoring him.

And then when the waiter came back with out meat and we started grilling them quickly

“Samgyeopsaaaal!” I was delighted to see the red meat and wrapped the cooked meat in a lettuce and created the biggest wrap ever before putting it into my mouth in one shot.

“Be more like a lady please” Mark gave a judging look.

“Fhowiuhrucadbco” I couldn’t reply properly.

“What? I cant hear you Mam.”

I lost count on how many times he had mad fun of me with his judging look that day.

“Yah why do you keep laughing at me?” I asked him after swallowing my huge- wrapped samgyeopsal.

Now it was him who couldn’t speak properly. He pointed at his mouth and signaled me to wait until he swallowed his food before asking him another question.

“Well apparently the ever so good looking Mark can be like this in front of food.” I . He smacked my head again while still trying to swallow his meat.

When we finally was able to eat in peace, “Do you know that I used to be scared of you?” I said

He raised his eyebrow. “Wae?”

“You just didn’t talk. So I didn’t dare to talk to you”

He chuckled at that answer. “But other girls were fangirling over me because I didn’t talk.”

I rolled my eyes at him. “Well maybe they were blinded by your face.”

“So you are saying that I’m handsome?” he winked at me.

I felt my cheek starting to blush but I tried my best to hide it. “Well. I said ‘they’.”

“It’s okay to admit it.”

I ignored him and turned my attention back to my food.

He suddenly gave me the famous angelic smile of his and that made me confused. "What?"

“Well I’m glad that you finally decided to talk to me,”