Chapter 3

Lucky

It was our examination period before our trip later in December. All kinds of responsibilities were piling up and everyone in school, including the teachers, seemed to be stressed up. But I was very lucky to have these eight people with me, having fun and suffering together. We were the happy-go-lucky students with not so bad grades in school. Some people actually envied us for scoring quite well despite our I-dont-care-about-schoolwork attitude. All that was actually thanks to the smartass Junior who would tutor us and asked us to study once in awhile. Well, I hated studying but these ‘study times’ planned by Junior were actually fun, with most of the time everyone was playing around while Junior was trying to be the heroic tutor. It just turned out to be very fun. Hanging out while getting our work done. That, friends, was how life should be.


And finally exam was over. We decided to go for a picnic and went to the park. The park was a huge recreational park with three different parks interconnected by several bridges. There were two small lakes in between the park. It was the largest park in our city. The guys wanted to cycle but Angie and I wanted to just stroll along the park, following them from behind. We weren't that good with cycling. I wasnt fond of cycling. I once hit another kid with a bike and received ten stitches because of that. But the guys insited on us riding a cycle together with them. We gave in but we requested for a tandem ride instead. 

If anything happened at least someone could help me to control the bike

But Jackson suggested the idea that they would teach and train us how to ride a bike properly. So they did. They rented extra bikes for us. We went in group but the guys would take turn to accompany us at the back and trained us. Sometimes I just loved how they were so considerate eventhough they didn't usually show it. 

When it was Bambam's and Yugyeom's turn to teach us, suddenly a stray puppy walked pass us. Bambam's attention shifted to the puppy.

"Waaaa a puppy..." He immediately followed the puppy and Yugyeom who saw that was also mesmerized by the cuteness of the puppy. 

"Yah! Where are you guys going?" Angie called them when she saw them walking away even further from us. 

"Those guys are gonna learn a lesson after this." I muttered. 

"Well, now let's just paddle towards the rest of the guys, El," Angie said. We paddled slowly because we just didnt want to injure ourselves while trying to catch up with them. But then they only seemed to get further and further away. Well just imagine that every third paddle we made, we would slightly lose our balances and stopped the bike. Who wouldn't get left behind with that kind of speed?

Sigh. Why are they so fast?

Narrator's POV

Mark glanced back and realized that the four of us were no longer following them. He looked around to find us but he could only find Bambam and Yugyeom playing with a puppy nearby. 

"Yah! Where are the girls?" He asked the rest. They started to look around and when they realised that the girls were not in sight, they started to worry. They had passed the first park and entered the second park. Who knew where the girls were.

Of course the girls could take care of themselves but then the two of them can't even ride a bike in a straight path safely let alone in this park with so many turns and slopes.

"Wait, I'll call Ellie," JB took out his phone. 

~nan niga joha niga joha niga joha~

The ringtone heard sounded very near to where they were. They looked around and found Yugyeom answering the phone call. 

"Yoboseyo?" Yugyeom answered

"Yah why are you the one answering this call?"

"Well, it rang so I picked it up. Wae?"

"Choi Yugyeom! You guys left the girls behind.Come here now!" 

Yugyeom looked around and finally found the rest of the guys. Bambam and him rushed towards the rest.

"Why would you have Ellie's phone with you?" Jackson asked. 

"Erm, they were struggling with their bags so we told them that we would help them with their belongings." 

"And you are here now because?" Junior asked. 

Bambam looked guilty and he only looked at the ground. He scared Junior the most. "We were distracted by the puppy.." 

"Yah!" Youngjae slapped their heads. 

For the whole time, Mark was just standing there digesting the whole situation. He took his bike and rode back following their previous path. 

"I'll go find them" he said. 

"We'll go too." JB also took his bike and cycled back, followed by the rest.

Angie's POV

The two of us didn't even mind cycling alone by this time. We could finally cycle by ourselves straightly. It was a huge improvement although we still needed slight adjustment when we had to turn. 

The two of us were just chatting and joking around when suddenly a kid crossed our track while playing with his skateboard. I couldn't brake my bike in time so I made a sudden turn and my bike flung away. I saw behind and oh my god, Ellie couldn't control her bike too. She tried to avoid me and made a sudden turn and her bike hit my bike instead. Luckily noone saw that but it was super painful. I got a few scratches on my hands and legs because I sort of jumped out of my bike and let my bike to just slid off by itself. Ellie also had some scratches on her leg. 

We tried to help ourselves and moved to the benches nearby. We just sat there for awhile.

"El, I think we need to call the rest haha. But my phone is in your bag. Can you call them?"

Ellie reached out to her pocket. 

"." 

"Why?" 

"My phone is in my bag and we gave it to Yugyeom." 

The two of us fell silent.

"Sigh. Well let's just wait here and hopefully they would remember that they left us here.' 

At that moment I saw a glimpse of familiar figure. And I saw Mark.

Oh wow. At these moments I feel really grateful for our telepathic ability.

Narrator's POV

Mark saw the two girls resting on the benches. He sighed in relief. 

Sigh. At least they are okay.

He approached the girls and the next thing he saw was not two people relaxing but two people with a lot of wounds and scratches. He stormed to them trying to help. 

"Oh my God guys. Are you okay?" 

"Well. We sort of got into an accident." the two girls grinned, holding back their pain. 

"What happened?" JB looked concerned.

"A boy skated suddenly in front of us and well.. We couldnt control our bikes," Ellie explained, scratching her head shyly.

The rest of the guys who were following at the back were also surprised with the injuries that the girls had. Everyone rushed to the side of the two girls. 

Bambam looked very concerned "Oh my god sorry guys. Is it very painful?" 

Angie looked at him before smacking his head. "That's our revenge. haha. But don't worry guys. We are okay," she smiled.

"Okay guys let's go and find first aid kit first to take care of those first." Junior pointed at the scratches on the girls. 

Everyone helped the two girls to stand up before proceeding to the nearest convenience store. 

Ellena's POV

Woah that was painful. 

I tried to walk with the rest. Both of us suffered from small injuries and scratches. Angie could walk perfectly fine but I felt a stinging pain on my leg. I tried to ignore it, I was just limping away behind the guys. 

"El, are you okay?" Mark who was behind me was concerned. 

Well it was not okay but I nodded anyway to not make them worry and feel guilty even more. I was walking so slow that I was lagging behind everyone again. I just tried to walk as fast as I could but after a few more step I almost fell down. Lucky that Mark catched my hand. 

"Are you sure you are okay?"

I grinned. "Well, my leg is abit painful. My bike fell on my leg just now." 

He looked at my leg and I did too. And whatthefreakiishappeningnow, it was swollen like real big. I didnt realise because I thought it was just painful from the shock from the fall. 

"I'm pretty sure that is not the definition of okay," Mark said. 

He then squatted down in front of me. "Come. I'll piggy back you until we could find a seat for you to sit down."

I hesitantly looked at him but went up to his back at last. It was just too painful to walk on my own at that time. 

"Let's go to the hospital later."

"What? I don't want to. It's just sprained ankle. Tomorrow I'll be fine." 

I hate to go to the hospital especially to see a doctor regarding my bone problems. I had always been a clumsy kid and everytime I fall down, I would always sprain my ankle or break my bone. So I could actually handle it and I just don't like the feelings that I got everytime I enter a hospital. 

"I'll bring you there," he insisted.