Chapter 2

Lucky

Flashback

 

2010

It was my first day of school in grade 11. I entered my classroom and was quite lonely. I didn’t know anyone in that class except for Angela, my best friend from my childhood. Angie, Angela's nickname, was, as usual, late. Everyone else seemed to have settled with their own cliques. Some of the girls were flirting with this group of popular guys in my class. I had to admit that they were attractive, especially Mark. I had never had the chance to get to know them well enough though. I only had several encounters with them through school events. From the first time we met, I knew that I had a crush with Mark. But I wasn’t the type who was able to show my feeling. And there went my chance to get to know him better. I was only able to admire him from far. But well, it was enough for me. His presence had always made me smile. But apparently for these girls, they couldn’t live without making sure that the six guys look at them.

 

Those girls are surely desperate to get them.

 

New students kept streaming to the class. Suddenly I was surprised with the entrance of a familiar figure. Jackson Wang. He was my bestfriend back in Hong Kong. Being a Korean who moved to Hong Kong when I was six years old, it was hard for me to adapt. My first friend was Wang Jackson, the son of my parent’s business partner. Naturally we became best friend until last year earlier when I moved back to Korea. I was very disappointed with my parents’ decision because I had not been given a chance to bid farewell to Jackson.

 

But suddenly, Jackson Wang entered my classroom. Wang Ka Yee. My childhood best friend. I was very surprised. He did not even tell me anything about moving to Korea. I was still stunned when I heard several girls screaming. I looked at them and overheard them fangirling over Jackson.

 

“Oh my God who is he?”

“Wow, we are surely lucky to be in this class.”

“ Woah really? 7 hot guys in my class. I’m in heaven, man.”
 

I snickered. I had never known that this idiot was considered to be handsome and hot. Jackson saw me and was as surprised as me before running towards me.

“ELLENA BAEK!” He screamed, making everyone in class went silent.

This guys was seriously still as loud as ever.

He gave me a bear hug as usual and in an instant I could totally feel the jealousy written on some of the girls’ faces. I didn’t care I just missed him so much so I hugged him back.

 

“What the hell are you doing here? Why didn’t you tell me that you are moving here?” I whispered. I didn’t want to be the centre of attention anymore.

 

“I wanted to tell you later when I have settled down. To give you a surprise. Hehe,” he scratched his head shyly.

I laughed at that reasoning. He surely loved to surprise people.

 

“But anyhow. We are fated to meet here earlier,” I said.

“And be in the same class. Oh my god I’ve missed you, El.” he hugged me again. I smiled to him cos my best friend is back. :)

 

At that time Angie hit my back. “Yah! What the hell. Are you flirting with a guy on your first day of school already?”

 

I laughed at her. It was just so her to be this straightforward. “I thought you know me well enough that I didn’t like to flirt in public.”

 

“Woah so you would flirt with guys when there was no one else. That’s scarier.” Jackson retorted. Angie burst out in laughter. I rolled my eyes at that remark before hitting that guy’s head.

 

“Anyway. Angie, this is Jackson. Jackson, Angie.”

 

“Hi, nice to see you.”

 

“Nice to see you too. When did you guys get so close to each other?” Angie asked.

 

“Jackson was my first friend in Hong Kong so technically he happened to become my best friend for the past 9 years. And since you are my best friend from ancient times, I think the three of us can be best friend.” I gave two of them a super tight hug.

 

“Okay okay chill girl. Choi songsaenim is here. We better sit down.” Angie escaped from my tight hug. I looked at the direction that Angie showed with her head and agreed with her before the killer teacher start to nag nonstop. I sat down with Jackson while Angie sat behind me.

 

Classes went by so slow that I was very hungry when our lunch break came. The three of us went to the rooftop with our  own lunch. The canteen was just too crowded for us and I didn’t like it. I really wanted to have a catchup with this guy.

 

“How have you been? Gosh I miss hanging out with you so much.” I told him while patting his head.

 

“Not good. You left me last year without giving me any preparation to bid you goodbye.” he pouted.
 

I laughed, ruffling his head. “Aigooo, this baby boy.”

 

He grinned.

 

“Jackson, why is your Korean quite good? I thought you are supposed to speak in Cantonese with her?” Angie asked suddenly.

 

“Aaaah I have a cousin who is a Korean. I used to learn how to speak Korean from this friend of yours. Who was very strict in teaching me. I used to be bullied by her when I asked her to teach me. Is she usually that scary?”

 

Angie chuckled at that answer. “Yeah yeah. She is really really scary. You can even see a dark aura around here. She can just snap at you when she is irritated.”

 

“I know right. She is surely scary.”

 

I looked at them, surprised. These two was talking about me as if I wasn’t there. And please, I was not a bully.

 

“YAH! Am invisible here?”

 

The two of them laughed when I called them. Jackson was holding his stomach from laughing too much. I looked at them, squinting my eyes. I was totally judging these two people when suddenly I heard another group of people laughing behind me. It was apparently GOT6, the six popular guys. The two of them stopped laughing when they realised that we were not alone on the rooftop, but both still chuckled.

 

Wow apparently these two still have shame, I thought.

 

One of the guys saw us. He approached our table first.

 

“Hi. We are from the same class right?”

 

Jackson was still not familiar with them so he didn’t recognize them. Angie was too busy with her food to reply. So I nodded to him. He smiled and offered his hand for a handshake.

 

“BamBam.”

 

“Ellena.”

 

Jackson also returned the handshake. “Jackson Wang.”

 

Bambam looked at Angie who was still trying to swallow her food before returning the handshake. “Angela or you can call me Angie.”

 

“Awesome. I think we can be friends. You guys look funny hehe. Oh I'll introduce yoou to my friends” Bambam grinned and called the rest of the guys.

 

“Hyung. They are from our class too.” Bambam introduced us at them.

 

JB smiled at us flashing his famous eye smile while slight bowing to us. “Woah awesome. Hey guys, I’m Jaebum but my friends usually call me JB.”

 

We smiled at him.

The rest also introduced themselves with huge smile on their faces. And now I knew why the girls went crazy over them. They were quite cute with their charming smiles. Mark was the last one to introduce himself.

 

“Mark.” he smiled slightly. He was really living up to his nickname. His attitude is really of an ice prince.

 

They joined us at out table. Apparently they had their lunch prior to coming up to the rooftop. They came up to have their private guys time but apparently they met us here so we just decided to have a chit chat.

 

We were chitchatting and joking around. I had never realised because I didn’t have a chance to, but they were surely chatty and friendly. It felt like we had been friends for a long time. It was just that familiar with them.

 

I took a slight glance at Mark who was not talking so much. He just smiled at our jokes silently. My smile slowly appeared when looking at him smiling. Only Angie knew about my crush on him and she saw how happy I was. She nudged my arm and winked at me. I felt my cheek blushing and I decided to join the joke again. My mind wandered off. I was just too happy to be able to sit on the same table as Mark and were in the same conversation even.

 

“Guys, let’s go back to class. Kim saem is going to lock us out if we don’t reach class in time,” Jinyoung reminded us that the lunch break is over. The guys were groaning but they stood up and went back to class anyway. Jackson had become close to them. He walked back to class with his arm over Jinyoung’s and Younjae’s shoulder.

Angie grabbed my arm. “Gaja.”

I walked back to class with them without realising that I was the luckiest person alive to get to know my future bestest friends one could have ever asked.

 



I kinda agree with the girls. If I have these guys in my room I'd certainly be living in heaven <3

Hope you'll enjoy the update :)